[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>0.0 >.0 What did the terminator mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 0.0 casualties.jpg (102 KB, 1108x754) Image search: [Google]
0.0 casualties.jpg
102 KB, 1108x754
>0.0
>.0

What did the terminator mean by this?
>>
He was programmed to use floating point arithmetic and his software didn't truncate to integer before presenting it.

The real question is why a Terminator has a GUI.
>>
File: 1460051177030.png (68 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460051177030.png
68 KB, 500x375
decimals are futuristic
>>
>>71865605
they need a .0 in case they are killing midgets because they count as a 0.5
>>
>>71865605
liberals only count as .5
>>
0 complete humans
0 kids
>>
>>71865691
>>71865745
casualtie dosent necessarily mean killed, it also is wounded. he could have values for wounds, like a flesh wound is .5, but a gut wound is a 1
>>
>>71865644
I think the relevant information from the debug read-out is just displayed for the sake of the viewer, rather than a massive "nobody dead" sign appearing across Arnie's actual vision.
>>
>>71865817
It could also be a vestigial debug console or intended for remote operation (similar to a modern drone), considering they were originally built by humans.
>>
Bane?
>>
>>71865913
Only if you go by the T3 deleted scene idea. It doesn't really make sense that humans went from massive bulky robots on tank treads to life-like skin over an endoskeleton in their final days.

The eyes probably act as a direct recording of what the terminator sees, so having the debug information included in that readout to quickly find key points in its timeline is probably useful for Skynet when it comes time for retrieval, to see what method worked and which ones didn't.
>>
moving objects that may not be human like cats and dogs are counted as 0.1. i programmed the software in 2020.
>>
>>71865605
I think the zinger last time OP asked this was the something along the lines of the 3/5ths compromise
>>
>>71866151
do cats count more than dogs?
>>
why would he have a visual representation? the data is plugged straight into his brain.
>>
>>71865605
midgets and manlets count as 0.5
>>
>>71865605
He only shot the black pedestrians and spared the officers.
#BlueLivesMatter
>>
>>71866044
>T3
>relevant to a T2 discussion
>>
>>71868009
The first 2 movies outright state that the human terminators were created by Skynet as infiltrators, a good few years after the bombs fell. 3 is when they started bucking that trend.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.