[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this show any good? i really like time travel movies/shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: fringe.jpg (7 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
fringe.jpg
7 KB, 298x169
is this show any good? i really like time travel movies/shows
>>
Starts out alright but goes downhill around season 3
>>
Comfy show, last season is weird, but still fine.
>>
I watch it for two seasons and then I suddenly realized I could just be rewatching X-Files.
>>
>>71856474
then gets great again in season 5. it really does lose it's way in the middle, though.
>>
>>71855947

first season is genuinely comfy and great, then it goes to it.

it went to shit exactly at the episode where she put that awful voice on. you will know what i am talking about when you see it..
>>
am i doing it
>>
>>71855947
stop watching after they activate "the machine" and you'll be happier.

Once they resolve the parallel universe war it really has no idea what the fuck do with itself.
>>
>>71856610
are you talking about when bells was in her body
>>
>>71856708
oh god I legitimately forgot about that. jesus that was awful.
>>
seasons 2 and 3 are some of the greatest tv ever made. its literally tvkino.

stop at the season 3 finale.
>>
>>71857007

Can you attempt to explain to someone who hasn't seen the series what makes Season 2 and 3 so good?
>>
>>71857143
Well the first season is mostly monster of the week with a very loose overarching story - you can tell they weren't sure what they wanted to do with the show. Season 2 and 3 is where it goes nuts with parallel dimensions, timelines, etc… which defines the show
>>
>>71855947
It felt like a show that had a lot of potential but no matter what they did it was just mediocre. Female protagonists don't work well especially in guy genres like sci-fi/paranormal.
>>
>>71857007
But then he won't get to see season 5.
>>
>>71856474
This. Perfect couple of seasons and then all character development for all characters is completely erased, which pissed me the fuck off.
>>
>>71855947

It was ok, then extremely good, then extremely bad, in that order.
>>
>>71855947
Its one of my favourite shows ever made. I love the X-Files and this is one of the few shows that even came close to matching it. It may not have the same highs as X-Files, but its much more consistent in quality.

Season 1 - solid monster-of-the-week stuff
Season 2 - 10/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 4 - weakest season, mostly has to do with timeline stuff, plots are dropped quickly
Season 5 - fun "future" season; maybe the best series finale Ive ever seen, really emotional
>>
>>71857832
Then extremely good again in season 5.
>>
>>71855947

SOUL
BELLS
>>
ITT plebs who didn't like season 4
>>
>>71857995
s5 > s1 > s3 > s2 > power gap > s4
>>
>>71858108
is season 5 really that gud, im currently on season 4 ep like 10 and its been pretty meh. I really enjoyed season 2 and 3
>>
>>71858245
well season 5 is a major left turn into the future. 1 story, only a handful of episodes and an emotional end.
>>
>>71858245
Non-troll answer it's better than 4 and as good as parts of 1-3, but not everyone will agree with that at all.
>>
>>71857915

No, season 5 was the worst.
>>
>>71858412

No, season 5 was the best. THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>71858469

I'm not at all surprised someone who actually enjoyed the garbage of season 5 also participated in the forced dave grohl meme.
>>
>>71858502
That's only the second time I've ever bothered to actually type it out it. It hasn't gotten any funnier. That doesn't change the fact that s5's time jump is a better arc than the mutant animals or whatever s4 was about.
>>
>>71857995
season 4 was great in theory and the bridge closing episode was solid af.

everything else was a disaster in execution tho. also, it doesn't help when you've been building momentum and throwing nearly perfect for 2 straight seasons and then it comes to a screeching halt.
>>
>>71858631

At least season 4 still had the basics of parallel worlds and the main characters going for it. Season 5 was a bunch of retarded "muh freedom, fight against evil dystopian government" bullshit.
>>
>>71858713
Fair enough. Some parts of s4 were alright.
>>
>>71858108
>>71858638
Season 4 is pretty much season 1, done right.

it shows us what ZFT should've really been like with a true leader like Bell and more dedicated followers instead of most people being paid off or coerced, along with how smart and advanced they were really supposed to be, letting us reexamine season 1 and see it in a new light.

We get more answers about Bell, more about David Robert Jones, and Walter.

And it has some pretty great non strictly arc episodes
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.