[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies non-Americans will NEVER understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (836 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
836 KB, 2040x1360
>>
>>71852852
I didn't understand it. What's a "MiG-28"? Why were A-4s and F-5s described as faster than F-14s?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iue0Wi3gY
>>
I understand it fine, burgerboi. It's a very iconic classic, and always an engaging watch
>>
more like movies heterosexuals will never understand
>>
>>71852892

Because the movie is filmed entirely with planes made in the USA. So it's more American.

This is something euros will never be able to related to. Their only jet fighters are "collaborations"
>>
File: 1463683636991.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463683636991.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
But I'm American and don't understand Top Gun.
Does this mean I'm going to get deported?
>>
>>71853006

More like non-fighter jocks will never really get it

And navy at that, an even more exclusive club
>>
File: fargo.jpg (137 KB, 799x1066) Image search: [Google]
fargo.jpg
137 KB, 799x1066
>>
The pest

/thread
>>
>>71852930
Oh God, another "muh religious persecution" movie?
>>
>>71853049
But that's incorrect. Both France and Sweden have their own aircraft.
>>
>>71853049
>Because the movie is filmed entirely with planes made in the USA. So it's more American.

Most Americans couldn't identify the aircraft in that movie other than Tomcat, and have no idea what the F-5s are. Many who could ID the F-14s don't know they've been out of service for many years. (Since Phantoms are still being used as drones, that means F-4 outlived F-14 in US government service. As a former Phantom fixer this please me.)

Amusingly. the only Tomcats remaining in active duty service are Iranian.

https://theaviationist.com/2015/03/01/iriaf-f-14s-overhauled/
>>
File: qaj8w0anhpyapbxchgvr.jpg (81 KB, 636x813) Image search: [Google]
qaj8w0anhpyapbxchgvr.jpg
81 KB, 636x813
>>71853737
That's because that motherfucker Cheney hated Grumman and so axed all the god tier F-14 developments we could have had.
>>
>>71853446

But not enough native designs to make an entire film with different native modern aircraft filling every roll.

Even the soviet aircraft were American in top gun
>>
>>71852930
>it's apparently about a guy who rides around town with in a motorcycle with an american flag stuck in the back of it to show that he is american.
well i mean at least it isn't a confederate flag like those kinds of people usually drive around aimlessly in pickup trucks trying to remind people of how black people should become slaves again or something.
>>
>>71853737

But the f-14 was in service when top gun came out

Ultimately Cheney killed it, that piece of shit

The f-4 was definitely a great design though. A sort of super voodoo, while the tomcat was the culmination of grummans swing wingers.
>>
File: a6ecombatradius.png (164 KB, 958x398) Image search: [Google]
a6ecombatradius.png
164 KB, 958x398
>1980s air wing
>F-14s for long range fleet defense
>A-6s for long range strike
>S-3s for fixed wing ASW
>KA-6 for tankers

Now today all we've got are warmed over Bugs. That's what I call "progress."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.