[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: directors that plebs who think they aren't plebs think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
ITT: directors that plebs who think they aren't plebs think that plebs like
>>
>>71851282
i'm a pleb and i like him
>>
>>71851282
What did he mean by this?
>>
I hate niggers
>>
>>71851282
>ITT: directors that plebs who think they aren't plebs think that plebs who think they aren't plebs think that plebs like
FTFY
>>
>>71851483
I'm having difficulty understanding this sentence.
>>
>>71851282
What?

I feel that Tarantino is one of the most misunderstand directors. He's made great films that have influenced an entire generation but most of which though ultimately lack substance. You can't really blame him, he's doing what he wants to, the real people at fault here are the critics and plebs who are overrating his exploitation films and claiming them to be art.

You're a pleb if you blindly hate Tarantino simply because his films are popular. You're also a pleb if you think he hasn't accomplished anything. You're even more of a pleb if you dismiss his accomplishments and ignore the lasting impact his earlier films have had on cinema. You're a mega pleb for thinking Quentin Tarantino has ever cared for cinema as an art form. You're probably a pleb too if you wouldn't join QT in a gangbang with Uma Thurman.
>>
>>71851735
>gangbanging Uma Thurman
Sharing a woman is soft cuckholdery.
>>
>>71851386
"look at my gun"
>>
>>71851735
He just makes good films. What else is there to it? I'm not saying he's Kubrick (although Pulp Fiction seemed fairly innovative) but most of his films have been thoroughly entertaining.
>>
>>71852231
But why does he make "good movies"? Because you as an individual find them entertaining?
>>
>>71851282
The biggest problem with Tarantino is that he has completely stagnated as a filmmaker and shows absolutely no interest in challenging himself.
>>
>>71852456
They're good because I think they're good.
>>
>>71852604
And you think they're good because?....
>>
>>71851282
/tv/
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>71852658
what's it to you

the plot lines are clever for one
>>
File: latest.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>71852817
>>
>>71851735
I see Quentin as a guy who makes big crazy movies meant for big audiences, but he still shows a level of love and respect for the art of filmmaking and thus makes unique films that do show his own artistic vision. It may not be up its own ass about having meaning, but that's cause his movies are meant to tell a story, little else
>>
>>71852658
You're asking him to go into detail justifying his own opinion just so you can be a faggot and tell him he's wrong or a pleb because you have to go against the grain
>>
>>71853227
I'm asking him to justify his own opinion because this is a board dedicated to discussing movies. Simply stating that something is good because he thinks it's good doesn't really open up for any discussion.
I really like Pulp Fiction by the way, but this guy is clearly an idiot who doesn't care about movies at all. He just devoures them all, never thinking about what he watches, never considers why he likes something and then goes into a thread about Tarantino and tries to defend him by making a purely subjective statement without any real reasoning.
Then you, the ultra-faggot himself, accuses me of being a reactionary homo because I want him to explain himself, and you do this without having any prior knowledge about my opinion on Tarantino.
KYS.
>>
>>71853606
>I'm asking him to justify his own opinion because this is a board dedicated to discussing movies. Simply stating that something is good because he thinks it's good doesn't really open up for any discussion.
U want him to justify why he Quentin Tarantino's movies are good. Is he going to go into detail explaining why he likes every individual film? And for what, because you want to know why he likes work from a director that he likes?
See, you're not trying to encourage discussion, you're antagonizing, but yup, everyone else is a huge faggot, poor you, stuck on a board of plebs who will never reach ur level of intellect
>I really like Pulp Fiction by the way, but this guy is clearly an idiot who doesn't care about movies at all. He just devoures them all, never thinking about what he watches, never considers why he likes something and then goes into a thread about Tarantino and tries to defend him by making a purely subjective statement without any real reasoning.
>this guy doesn't like movies as much as I do. He don't think right about em. He just watches em. But he don't really watch em. He ain't been studying cinematography for years like I have. He couldn't go break down Quentin's films on a visually thematic level even if he tried.
Wow ur so smart, you really are special, anon

>Then you, the ultra-faggot himself, accuses me of being a reactionary homo because I want him to explain himself, and you do this without having any prior knowledge about my opinion on Tarantino.
Ur right, I'm doing it off the fact that you asked him to explain why Quentin's movies are good. That's like asking why chocolate is good. Because it tastes sweet? So being sweet makes it good? But it has bitter tones as well. Why are bitter tones preferable in candy? Cause I like it? Why? Cause I do? Hmph, pleb
That's u ^

>KYS.
U first, sunshine
>>
>>71853941
Why do you think I want him to go into detail about every single Tarantino film? There are simmilarities in his works that you can use to explain why you like his movies.
>because you want to know why he likes work from a director that he likes?
Yes. That's literally what I want.
>you're antagonizing
Oh boohoo. What, should he be scared of explaining his thoughts on an anonymous timorlese knitting discussion board?
>Wow ur so smart
Thank you
And movies are not comparable to candy.
>>
>>71854317
Why?
>>
>>71851735
actually you and everyone in this thread are plebs because you've never been on a set in your entire life and think good movie=good director
>>
File: 1467380209793.png (387 KB, 389x446) Image search: [Google]
1467380209793.png
387 KB, 389x446
good tarantino flicks: reservoir dogs

watchable when youre a teenage edgelord tarantino flicks: pulp fiction

objectively shit tarantino flicks: everything else
>>
>>71854419
Because they trigger completely different senses. You don't taste a movie. And they cause completely different reactions in your brain. Chocolatte is only created with the intent to cause pleasure to the consumer, while movies can be created with completely different intentions.
>>
>>71853941
>>71853606
>>71854317
this is autism
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.