[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is "College" considered the best episode of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 36
File: vto6zulehvwdlfnvzxqp.jpg (29 KB, 760x474) Image search: [Google]
vto6zulehvwdlfnvzxqp.jpg
29 KB, 760x474
Why is "College" considered the best episode of the Sopranos?
>>
but pine barrens is
>>
>>71850817
Pine barrens is considered second from what I've heard.
>>
People get confused with University
>>
Members only is.
>>
>>71850817
objectively correct
>>71850857
you need to stop surround yourself with pleb trash.
>>
>>71850685
It's an actual meme. Boomers found it shocking and the episode that changed tv forever. Thankfully their pleb sensibilities are starting to die out and people will realize University is much better.
>>
It generally isn't.

Long Term Parking is the best episode of television ever, fite me IRL if you disagree.
>>
>>71850921
meet me in the park in two hours.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 368x349) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 368x349
>implying a neurotic, paranoid, fat, Tony isn't best Tony
>>
there are dozens of better episodes
>>
File: Pine_Barrens.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Pine_Barrens.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>71850817
This.
>>
>>71850685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBD94cs0T8
>>
>>71851442

This will always be hilarious
>>
>>71850685

Probably because of the way it sheds light on the dynamic between Tony and Meadow. It has a lot of character development. I actually prefer the episode where Tony takes advantage of the guy who owns the sporting goods store and gives Willow his car but she rejects it.
>>
>>71851442
my god that tony impression is brilliant
>>
>>71851442
brilliant
>>
>>71851671
University is an episode I enjoy much more.
>>
Idk how you can have a favorite episode for this show. It's all consistently good. I can't think of a single weak plotline....

Actually that stupid shit with the rapper in s1 was weak that's about it
>>
Hello, rat
>>
Top episodes for every season (Although every ep except A hit is a hit, D-Girl and Christopher is excellent)

S1 - Pax Soprana , College, The Legend of Tennesse Moltisanti
S2 - Funhouse, From Where to Eternity, House Arrest
S3 - Armour Fou, Fortunate Son, Pine Barrens
S4 - Whitecaps / The strong silent type
S5 - Test Dream, Long Term Parking
S6A- Join The Club / Mayham (I count them as a 2 hr episode), The Ride
S6B - Sopranos Home Movies, Walk Like a Man, Kennedy and Heidi, Second Coming, Blue Comet, Made In America

Top episode is probably Made In America although Join The Club / Mayham come extremely close (I count them as a 2 hr episode)
>>
Sopranos Home Movies
Blue Comet
University
Whoever Did This
Pine Barrens
Funhouse
Walk Like A Man
Whitecaps

Are all probably better than College, which is a fantastic episode.
>>
>>71850685
It's the only episode where Tony actually kills somebody
>>
>>71851997
No it isn't
>>
https://youtu.be/GJTcbd2bWHQ?t=1m16s
>>
>>71851997
>>71852050
Tony kills:
>Fabian "Febby" Petrulio
>Chucky Signore
>Matthew Bevilaqua
>Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero
>Ralph Cifaretto
>Tony Blundetto (his cousin)
>Christopher Moltisanti

It's not all that many when you think about how many episodes there are.
>>
>>71851997
Uhhh.. No?
>that fuck he tortures with Big Puss
>Big Puss
>Ralphie
>Blundetto
>Chrissy
>>
>>71851997

haha! ebin death! ebin murder! deathmurder = GOAT ebinsodes!!!! epic tv!!!!
>>
>>71850867

Is that the one where meadow gets BLACKED?
>>
>>71852374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKAlAR5Bhw

Don't forget the best murder scene / music combo of the series.
>>
>>71852331
It should be way less because he's not a fucking goon who's job it is to kill others.
>>
>>71852404
Pretty sure she never puts out.
>>
>>71852438
You do realize that 5 of those kills listed AT LEAST were the result of Tony being in an opportunity to kill and doing so on his own whim.

Hell he almost wacked Paulie on Remember When. Just because.
>>
>>71852443
Yeah she fucking does. They made it pretty obvious without actually showing penetration
>>
>>71851381
>>71850817
favorite episode ever, because of this.
whatever happened to the guy that was hunting them and why the russians never figured out tony's men killed?
>>
>>71852331
Almost all of them very important, though
>>
>>71852443
She loses her virginity off screen.

Also, hesianic homeboy doesn't count as a true blacked.
>>
>>71851442
I haven't seen this before - fucking gr8
>>
File: cars.png (1 MB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
cars.png
1 MB, 1280x738
>time period episode
>cars in the distance are wrong

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1455359771793.jpg (72 KB, 480x277) Image search: [Google]
1455359771793.jpg
72 KB, 480x277
>>71851381

Pine Barrens is one of the most pleb episodes in the entire show.

It appeals to idiots because it's simple and stupid, unlike most of the show. Idiots understand the "whack the russian ninja" plot and think it's so bad ass and funny, but there's no complexity in the episode. The highlight reels the normies refer to, the ones shown here, is all around the same sequences, the shitty comedy bits, as if it was a gag a minute sitcom.

When you're saying puns is the best part of the Sopranos and makes the best episode, you shouldn't have bothered watching it to begin with.
>>
File: f.png (1 MB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
f.png
1 MB, 1280x738
>>
>>71852491
>Hell he almost wacked Paulie on Remember When. Just because.
That sociopaths for you
He did exactly the same thing with Chris, but his sympathy for small children (i.e. baby seat impaled with tree) was what tipped him over the edge
>>
>>71853095

I'm inclined to agree. But I enjoyed the episode.
>>
>>71850948
ok, heading there now.
>>
>>71854088
ohfuckohfuckohfuck anons WHAT DO I DO HE'S COMING TO HURT ME
>>
I just finished my forth viewing of The Sopranos last week. Other shows just haven't been doing it for me, and I honestly feel an itch to re-rewatch some episodes
>>
>>71850685
It's uh, not
>>
File: vito.png (1 MB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
vito.png
1 MB, 1280x738
how come vito was in season 1 and it was never brought up again
>>
>>71851671
One of the best family-drama episodes.
>>
>>71853095
I mostly agree, it's by no means a bad episode, but I'm generally shocked that people love this episode as their best. It does have that moment where Gloria throws a steak at Tony
>>
So does Tony actually get shot in the end, or does he just have a happy dinner with his family?
>>
>>71850685
>>71850817
For the same reason, which is the tightness and simplicity of the linear plotting, which illuminates the characters involved and gradually accumulates a surreal tone. My favorite is "Whoever Did This" personally, because it's a wonderful mindfuck in terms of structural narrative.
>>
>>71854641
He's a miserable prick, whether he lives or dies
>>
>>71851671
Happy Wanderer is based. I love the way the whole episode is built around the executive game. and everything goes to shit for the characters after.
>>
>>71851997
well done
>>
>>71852982

Those episodes had great casting all around
>>
>>71854641
'yes'
>>
>>71854641
Tony and Bobby fishing on the lake:

"Yeah, our line of work, it's always out there...You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?" - Bobby

"Ask your friend in there, on the wall" - Tony (referring to the stuffed deer head)

>Bobby chuckles
>>
I just finished The Sopranos last night lads, and I'm not sure what to watch next, I feel like nothing will be able to fill this void.
>>
>>71854641
I watch it as him dying, but admit that there's no real justification to take a hardline stance that he died there. You have the one clear indication that somebody might intend to kill Tony with the guy in the jacket, but if we were meant to know for certain that he died, we would see him die. If it was written unambiguously as Tony's death scene, that would actually cheapen watching it as such, because the whole point is that if Tony dies instantly like that, he wouldn't know what happened because he would be gone. Everything just vanishing, without giving us a clear answer within or outside of the text of the series, emulates actual death.
>>
>>71852331
Seeing Tony personally kill someone always gave it more impact than having other characters do it. It's why I consider Ralphie's death more shocking and impactful than Adriana's.
>>
>>71854889
post sopranos depression was the hardest one for me... maybe try oz or the wire.
>>
>>71852438
All of these kills were Tony's personal choice.
-Febby was a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Any guy in Tony's situation would feel an obligation to do it, regardless of rank.
-Bevilaqua was a personal killing, revenge for Christopher (plus on a more subconscious, indirect level, an opportunity to gauge Pussy's reaction to involvement in murder)
-Pussy was personal, though I'd say arguably Tony would have just had Silvio do it if it weren't for the abrupt nature of his realization and need to get the whole thing taken care of quickly.
-Ralphie was an impulsive kill based on Tony's lack of self-control, and a murder he should not have committed.
-Tony B could have been farmed out, but it was probably a way for Tony to reestablish his respected status when guys were losing faith in him, through a show of force by taking care of the Blundetto problem himself. Plus, Tony B was a bit of a badass and might have been able to evade a potential hitman, so Tony was most comfortable making sure it got done in person.
-Chris was similar to Ralphie as it wasn't a sanctioned hit. He was just a problem to Tony, and the opportunity presented itself to eliminate that problem and get away clean with none the wiser.
>>
>>71854020
>But I enjoyed the episode.
>>71854388
>I mostly agree, it's by no means a bad episode

That's actually the worst thing you can say about Pine Barrens, because that's exactly the difference. Pine Barrens was just entertainment. The same vacuous shit you can see in any other show.

It's what people say when they defend having CSI as their favourite show.
>>
>>71854889
>>71854976

Sopranos is the best tv show of all time, quality and depth is astounding. There are no shows even close to as good. Please don't fall for the wire meme...unlikable niggers and faggot cops. Its a good show for "muh realism" but nowhere near sopranos good

honestly tho the 2nd watch thru of sopranos is way better than the 1st. all the names make sense, easier to follow the first 2 seasons. also read this website for patrician analysis after you watch each episode

just play video games for a month or 2 or something then watch sopranos again, its that fucking good

https://sopranosautopsy.com/

even if you watch 1 or 2 episodes a night itll take a few months
>>
>>71854641
>does Tony actually get shot in the end

Like this guy says:
>>71854854
It's set up pretty clearly. The only mystery is who did it, and they take some pains to set up multiple candidates for it.

If you read about this from the mouth of the show creator, he seems baffled people didn't get it. There was supposed to be an open ending in that you don't know who pulled the trigger on him, not in that you didn't know what happened after the show ended.
>>
>>71854822

The thing I love about that episode is the insight it gives us into Tony's character. The guy who owns the store is a friend, Tony doesn't want him to get mixed up in the executive game but the guy keeps pushing and pushing. Tony sees the business opportunity and finally relents. We get to see how Tony juggles being a family man/friend versus being a mobster and the overlap that exists between the two worlds. One of my favorite episodes desu.
>>
>>71852053
fuck that episode of Arthur is great, thanks for posting it my dude
>>
Its shit
>>
>>71855473
Yeah, when Scatino shows up in "Bust Out" again Tony kind of admits that he was making calculations of his own potential losses/benefits in the future if he let Davey into the game. Then later in the show Artie realizes Tony did the same thing to him after his suicide attempt.
>>
>>71855323
It wasn't JUST entertainment, when I say I mostly agree, I mean mostly the Chrissy Paulie adventure is entertainment, there's still some good shit. Like the Gloria/Tony scenes, the opera music is great, Jackie Jr. being an idiot playing scrabble with Meadow.

Oh and "You know the weather report in Mexico?"
"Chili today, hot Tamale"
"You heard it before?!"
"Mhm"
"It's an old Joke A.J"

I get why people say it's the least complex episode but c'mon, stop shitting on it
>>
Long Term Parking and Funhouse are probably my two favorites.
>>
File: sop.png (2 MB, 1265x893) Image search: [Google]
sop.png
2 MB, 1265x893
Recently started the show, I had no idea this was a thing.
>>
>>71851671
>Willow

Her name is fielder
>>
>>71855403
>The only mystery is who did it

I think it helps if you binge-watched the season after it had been broadcast.

People who watched the episodes on a weekly basis, they found the ending ambiguous.

People who watched the episodes consecutively, in one night, were able to join the dots together quite easily.
>>
>>71851442
10/10
>>
The episode From Where to Eternity which is also written by M. Imperioli
>>
>>71855403
Yeah, it's like >>71856366
said. Binge watching/analyzing the show its very easy to tell- the scene with Silvio not hearing the assassination right next to him and the discussions on how you don't even know when it happens - kind of slipped from people's minds over the years
>>
>>71851442
>INTO MY HOUSE
>HE WAS A MADE MAN
>>
>>71851936
Your dashing style reminds me of myself.
>>
Who killed Tony Soprano?
>>
File: gabagools internally.jpg (169 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
gabagools internally.jpg
169 KB, 1024x576
>CTRL+F: Calling All Cars
>0 results

/tv/ you disappoint me
>>
>>71853951
It was also because Paulie talked too much.
>>
>>71856243

That left a bad taste in my mouth for a while. Still GOAT show.
>>
>>71854641
>>71854932
We'll never know.
This scene is intended to show the constant risk of getting killed Tony feels. Whole show is building up to this.
>>
Anyone else contemplate how long it takes for Tony to take a shit?
>>
>>71858005
Ronald McDonald
>>
>>71850685
thats the episode I stopped watching the series
>>
>>71859152
Much like my own father id imagine he makes an event of it and spends at least 40 mins taking one, maybe longer
>>
>>71859118

>This scene is intended to show the constant risk of getting killed Tony feels.

trash reddit theory

read master of sopranos you mouthbreathing pleb
>>
I think there are better episodes, but "College" is like the sopranos wrapped up into one hour.

It has Tony trying to balance his family life with his other family. Does he spend time with his daughter who is developing before his very eyes, or does he try and kill the rat?

It also shows that Tony is always in danger, in the scene at the hotel when the rat was going to kill him, but stopped.

Then in the end, it has the ducks flying away, showing that the story isnt just skin deep either. Its a good jumping off point for new watchers.
>>
>>71858306
just an average day on /tv/ then
>>
>>71859264
>I use reddit everytime someone disagrees with me

How did you know it happened ? All you see is foreboding, but, how are you so sure it happens ? In a show where being assured that seeing the person you whack died before your eyes is an important theme.

Chase said himself he pieced it all to lead to Tony being killed, but wasn't sure he wanted it to happen for many reasons, so, he didn't film it.

Your headcannon doesn't count. The people who insist so adamantly that he was killed are as retarded as the people who claim the contrary.
>>
>>71850817
Meme episode
>>
File: 960.jpg (51 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
51 KB, 960x540
Easily the best episode. Touched on all the themes of the show.
>>
>>71859264
>an anon with too much time on his hands wrote his headcannon into a fan theory long enough to convince people it's serious even though they won't read past the first chapter or two.
>>
>>71854889
step away from tv for a while. Rewatch it in a year or so. It'll be even better on subsequent watches.

And you won't find any TV that's as good.
>>
File: sopranos-light.jpg (656 KB, 960x1620) Image search: [Google]
sopranos-light.jpg
656 KB, 960x1620
>>71860316
I GET IT
>>
>>71858306
666... that means Satan
>>
File: Vito gets whacked.webm (257 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Vito gets whacked.webm
257 KB, 1280x720
What did Chase mean by this?
>>
>>71861026
>257 KB
>>
>>71861065
I need to get the Sopranos in HD.
>>
>>71855327
>Please don't fall for the wire meme
The Wire is good. Not Sopranos-good but still good
>>
>>71861065
And then what happened?
>>
>>71861249
The Wire Season 4>any Individual season of the Sopranos

The Sopranos overall >The Wire

HOWEVER

I prefer The Wire and its attention to detail. The Sopranos has continuity issues here and there.
>>
>>71861330
>The Wire Season 4>any Individual season of the Sopranos

not even close
>>
>>71861330

> The Wire and its attention to detail

No joke. Tiny little details and callbacks that persist between seasons all over the place. It really rewards people whjo either pay attention or binge watch.
>>
>>71851723
Will Sasso is a GOAT impressionist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_iSQ65ZDAE
>>
File: virgin-mary.jpg (301 KB, 1600x2329) Image search: [Google]
virgin-mary.jpg
301 KB, 1600x2329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_iSQ65ZDAE

>one of the wierdest, spookiest things to happen on the show and I've never seen /tv/ talk about it
>>
>>71861363
Yes. I consider Season Six Pt II to be the best season of the Sopranos. Season 4 of the Wire is stronger from top to bottom. I watch scenes from both of them regularly.

I switch between the two. Right now I'm with Season 4 of the Wire.
>>
>>71861665

Fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWsCK7RE0Xg
>>
File: 23_32_1.jpg (15 KB, 213x172) Image search: [Google]
23_32_1.jpg
15 KB, 213x172
>>71861665
>>71861870
I assume it's Paulie getting senile. Also related to mommy issues.

Plus there's really no point since if you as Chase about it he's not going to explain shit.

Also:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10665251
>>
This was one of my favorite scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GTAfq3i9Bs
>>
File: sopranos 1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sopranos 1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>71854641
In an interview the creator David Chase did a few years ago he said Tony lived.
>>
>>71862028

I hated the entire coma dream bit
>>
>>71854889
god its painful. not really worth watching tv for a while. better to watch the movies on your hard drive that you never got around to. any other tv would be disappointing compared to Sopranos. Luckily it is the most re-watchable tv show ever.

If you really need tv to fill the void then my pic for second best show is mad men
>>
>>71851442
I loved MadTV
>>
>>71850685
This is my fetish
>>
>>71861026
he meant that he will stick a lead pipe up ur faggit asshole
>>
>>71862269
well, in the series they always stressed Tony's blind luck. His ability to escape shit. It seems likely he would escape whatever happened in the Diner.
AJ was probably killed, and Carmella then divorced him.
>>
>>71862433
hopefully AJ got whacked i hated that dude
>>
>>71862433
Then he would have went to jail because that guy flipped.
>>
>>71854889
I honestly think you should rewatch it as soon as you can. You pick up on things that were always there but only get explained in later episodes. You will probably be less sympathetic to the (actually vile) characters, too, so it won't be as depressing.
>>
>>71851442
WheReS The GaabBAgooLL
>>
>>71850685
tony killed a guy on his own, how can the main character do that and we like him "this is who he is." shocking to audiences back then
>>
>>71853095
You're a pretentious idiot, and a faggot.
>>
>>71851442
isn't that the real Big Pussy?
>>
>>71862473
fuck you pleb
>>
>>71863495
>shocking to audiences

They had mobster movies back then.
>>
File: chrissy.jpg (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
chrissy.jpg
104 KB, 1024x768
>>71863611
No
>>
>>71851965
nice
>>
File: 1417274454263.jpg (23 KB, 274x237) Image search: [Google]
1417274454263.jpg
23 KB, 274x237
>>71851381
>>
>implying Columbus day isn't the best episode
>>
File: czech.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
czech.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>71851381
>>
>>71863611
no that's joey diaz
>>
>>71851442
I made a webm of this but its useless without sound.
>>
File: 1466494844423.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1466494844423.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
>>71864373
>"really... his house looked like shit"
>>
>>71861330
>>71861392
where can i watch the wire?

i watched about half a season today on tv, but it was a later one where they're trying to bust up some corrupt dock workers union rep, associated with the greek guy and some russian jews.

then some bow tie wearing guy get's capped by chalky white from boardwalk empire, but lives.

also, i learnt niggers cant shoot
>>
>>71864583
on hbo you broke fuck
>>
>>71864612
i'd watch it on my foxtel, but my remote's fucked.
>>
>>71864612
also, should i just go buy the boxset at Jb Hifi or something?
>>
File: 1370331043801.jpg (23 KB, 358x239) Image search: [Google]
1370331043801.jpg
23 KB, 358x239
>>71864639
>>71864663
>foxtel
>Jb Hifi

what the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>71850921
I didn't really enjoy that episode because the frantic pace made me assume it was a continuation of the fever dream from the previous episode. I assumed there would be some twist where Tony wakes up at the end of the season and none of that had actually happened. Once I realized that wasn't the case, it was too late to have any kind of impact.
>>
>>71858765
she fucking died, they had to do something
>>
Because it's a piece of the pie that is The Sopranos and it's everything you need to know about the show, its characters, its settings and so on, condensed in an hour with some brilliant writing and directing to boot.

If you want to introduce someone to Tony this is the episode you want. The pilot doesn't really reflect the rest of the series, even if it is one of the best episodes.
>>
File: 1465634922798.jpg (174 KB, 938x1101) Image search: [Google]
1465634922798.jpg
174 KB, 938x1101
>>71864722
>>
>>71851879
>meow
>MEOW
>MEOW

holy shit pls stfu ade
>>
why does meadow have such a great ass?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-10-14h15m18s29.jpg (85 KB, 900x455) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-10-14h15m18s29.jpg
85 KB, 900x455
>its a vito can barely fit into a booth episode
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-10-17h30m20s24.jpg (19 KB, 292x291) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-10-17h30m20s24.jpg
19 KB, 292x291
>Have you heard the good news?
>>
>>71851442
I wish this was available without the laugh track
>>
>>71851442
that melfi impression surprisingly good.
>>
>>71863611
That's Joey CoCo Diaz you fucking cocksucka.
>>
File: 225.jpg (127 KB, 760x1024) Image search: [Google]
225.jpg
127 KB, 760x1024
>It's a Meadow's THICC roommate's playing Lisa and getting naked in the Disaster Artist movie episode
>>
>>71865493
can't remember but did any of these fat fucks ever die from a heart attack or similar?
>>
>>71865793
Yes
>>
File: gigi died taking a shit.jpg (81 KB, 563x615) Image search: [Google]
gigi died taking a shit.jpg
81 KB, 563x615
>>71865793
gigi was probably the closest
>>
>>71865793
Guess who m8
>>
>>71862311
Me too, on first viewing.
I did a rerun a few months ago, and I anticipated this bit very much, ready to cringe a little.
But I enjoyed it very much.
>>
File: 1465755569031.jpg (37 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
1465755569031.jpg
37 KB, 480x384
>>71865664
>Meadows room mate

i just started season 3

is it the blonde?

i still want to fuck meadow, goddamn

the tennis instructor coming onto Adriana is a dyke, isnt she?
>>
File: sopranos thickfu.webm (681 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sopranos thickfu.webm
681 KB, 1280x720
>>71865949
season 3 thicc meadow is best meadow
>>
File: 1468071077405.jpg (67 KB, 456x384) Image search: [Google]
1468071077405.jpg
67 KB, 456x384
>>71866058
more
>>
>>71850685
>>71850817
>the two most notorious filler episodes of the series
>the best

Nice bait faggots
>>
Hey, do you niggas remember that time George Lucas directed The Sopranos?
>>
>>71866428
4/10, got me to reply
be more subtle in the future
>>
File: james-coburn-4.jpg (45 KB, 459x620) Image search: [Google]
james-coburn-4.jpg
45 KB, 459x620
>>71866472
>>
>>71866472
We need to talk about that freeze frame, which is really damn goofy. It wasn’t as bad as I remembered it being, but it’s still pretty bad. It’s the only moment of such outright stylization in the entirety of the show, and it doesn’t really fit. Usually, when the show is trying to do something more symbolic with the filmmaking like this, it will pause for a long, wordless passage or it will go to a dream sequence (as we’ll soon see). But this? This just stops the action dead and makes the audience laugh. Which is surely not the intended effect.
>>
>>71865793
Besides the obvious Gandolfini, no actually.
>>
Worst episodes off the top of my head are Christopher and A hit is a hit
>>
I still wonder about Pussy's Ghost Cameo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CJLDERGmDw

So yeah on face value it just means that Tony still has the guilt of killing his best friend on his mind. But if that's really all that's supposed to show why would they do it in such a cheesy way?
>>
>>71866708
From memory, the script writers (or somebody) wanted the scene to be really poignant, but the director (or somebody) thought that idea was laughable, so they did the stupid freeze frame/wipe transition. I can't remember the exact story, obviously.
>>
>>71866793
I think it's just supposed to show that Tony genuinely misses his friend, who normally would've been standing there with the rest of them at a bit event like that.
>>
>>71866759
somebody get this mullet head outta here!
>>
>>71852517

One drop rule dude. It counts.
>>
>That episode where Chris is trying to get the other wiseguys to help finance his slasher movie and they all tear that writer guy's script apart and give better ideas

Best.
>>
why is she such a fucking cunt, man
>>
File: 477345918.jpg (417 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
477345918.jpg
417 KB, 682x1024
>When you realise Sil's wife in the show is actually his wife IRL

BASED SVZ
>>
>>71866956
how does he have no neck?
>>
>>71866984
Springsteen stole it
>>
>>71854743
>My favorite is "Whoever Did This"

my nigga
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.