[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shaky cam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Paul-Greengrass-001.jpg (54 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
Paul-Greengrass-001.jpg
54 KB, 276x276
Thoughts on Paul Greengrass and the shaky cam tactic?

I personally think it's cancer.
>>
>>71846320
Agreed. That doesn't mean the movies themselves are bad, just the action scenes. The final chase in Bourne Supremacy is damn near unwatchable. But I'd like to think he's toned it down a little bit.
>>
it served a clear purpose when he did it but then every moron started copying it and the fight choreography of the next 8 or so years went to shit. thank god the trend is mostly dead now
>>
>>71846320
it has its place.
>>
>>71846320
godard invented it by the very time he put a cam on his shoulder
>>71844751
>>
Ever seen an orsen welles movie? Shaky as all hell
>>
>>71846320
it adds excitement to boring choreography
>>
>>71846589
Jesus, imagine how tiring it is to be that cameraman. And miserable, because no one will ever respect your artistic convulsions.
>>
>>71846320
explain to me why i can rewatch any of the three movie of the bourne saga without being annoyed when i'm tired of a hunt or bond from the very beginning of the first watch
isn't that called talent?
>>
>>71846320
It's terrible, what saves the Born movies is the story because the action is trash for people with short attention span.
>>
>>71846320
The only time shaky cam is appropriate is for a first-person perspective. If used for an omniscient view it is god awful. It comes off as a cop out for poor choreography work and they are trying to cover it up by putting less focus on the actual action.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.