[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the media, why aren't men held to the same standards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Superbad_Poster.png (204 KB, 292x434) Image search: [Google]
Superbad_Poster.png
204 KB, 292x434
In the media, why aren't men held to the same standards in media as women?

Take a look at Superbad. We KNOW that a movie based on fat and a plain looking girls would never have been as successful as Superbad, even if it were just as funny.

I mean c'mon, there's clearly a double standard here. It's because we don't like how they look, because they don't look like the hyper perfect women we normally see in the media bros.
>>
>>71842900
Probably because it's mostly white males who make movies and it's pretty much socially acceptable to make fun of yourself but not others. You don't see movies by white men making fun of minorities or any other demographic group than themselves.

Also women are not funny.
>>
>>71842900
because it would be unrealistic
a pair of teenage girls will never strugle as the Jonah Hill and Michael Cera characters.
Both boys have a hard time and do all they can to get laid.
Women just have to open their legs and that's it.
>>
>>71843039
>Also women are not funny.

in comedies and shit, we usually see the woman being seen as what's more stereotypical hot than a male, you know.

I mean think about it - we in comedies that star average looking guys is there usually a hot chick? Are only hot women funny?
>>
>>71842900
that movie was funny because it was funny not because they were making fun of a demographic.
>>
>>71842900
Melissa McCarthy movies are pretty successful and she is fat and plain looking
>>
>>71843039
>>71843095
>>71843135

well fuck bros! how am I supposed to answer my sociology homework, if my thread that was thinly disguised a way for you to do my homework for me didn't work?

>What about the contradictions between real boys/men and the way they are represented in the media? How are men portrayed in comparison to the men you know? What are the differences?

how am I supposed to fucking answer that?
>>
>>71843255

By looking at how men are portrayed in the media and comparing them to the men in your own life?
>>
>>71843255
The question also depends on the movies you watched.

If you watch the James Bond films, you will see that he's a turbo Chad, who fucks ALL women... and your friends don't do that, since probably you're a loser with loser friends.
>>
>>71843255
nerdy loser jews always get the 10/10 blonde goy in film when in reality they're virgins at 25+
>>
>>71843255
every father ever is a fat idiot buffoon
>>
>>71842900
>We KNOW that a movie based on fat and a plain looking girls would never have been as successful
I'd watch it if they wore clothes that were too small for their size, or just went without underwear or similar.
>>
>>71842900
If women want to see plain girls movies, they should learn to write a check.
Expecting men to fund their entertainment desires is very immature.
We ain't their daddies.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.