[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
There's a new kind of mean in him. He is angry and he's hunting.
>>
Butthurt because his brother was always smarter and generally better than him.
>>
>>71841590
DRAINAGE
>>
>>71841590
I
DRINK
YOUR
MILKSHAKE
>>
File: 1427454625743.jpg (608 KB, 1000x624) Image search: [Google]
1427454625743.jpg
608 KB, 1000x624
>>71841590
He's a hothead.
>>
He wasn't being kept in a glass jar on some shelf
>>
HE WAS THE AFTERBIRTH

SLITHERED OUT ON HIS MOTHER'S FILTH
>>
Was Eli gay? Was that the implication at the end?
>>
>>71841590
I'M FINISHED !
>>
>>71842120
My man that was the "implication" throughout the whole movie.
>>
File: 1467307396836.jpg (79 KB, 740x506) Image search: [Google]
1467307396836.jpg
79 KB, 740x506
>>71841836
>>
This is the only real American cinematic masterpiece since the 70s, since Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>71841590
Bowling pins are harder than skulls
>>
>>71842154
Where else was it implied? Obviously he was kind of effeminate but that's just how Classic is, and he's not gay. I took it at the end with him talking about the handsome boy going out to California and how he has sinned so much etc.
>>
>>71841590

Eli Sunday was somewhat mentally disordered, to the point that he once impersonated a false twin brother "Paul", to bring an oilman to his town and get some excitement going. After this incident, Eli compartmentalized and dissociated his false alter ego, even confusingly mentioning this "brother" while beating his father. Nevertheless, Eli was deeply religious and a skillful actor, which allowed him to build and grow a church.

However, it is also reasonable to suppose that Eli Sunday was homosexual, as he never had any known female companionship (apart from his family and the old women of his congregation). Moreover, Eli make vague references to wicked desires that he himself experiences, during the final scene.
>>
>>71843131
The twin brother was real.
>>
>>71842234
>>71842120

The implication is that both Plainview and Eli were terrible shitty people willing to do anything to get ahead, only that Plainview was in PLAIN VIEW and Eli was hiding behind the church/religion but deep down he was just as opportunistic and cruel as Plainview
>>
Never really understood why he got murdered in the end.
>>
>>71841590

HE WANTED TO BE IN THE GAME
>>
File: The_worship_of_Mammon.jpg (315 KB, 858x1024) Image search: [Google]
The_worship_of_Mammon.jpg
315 KB, 858x1024
>>71844434
But Plainview hide behind Mammon.

They where both deplorable people who died bitter and alone.
>>
>>71844840
He got murdered because he was weak, and this is a movie about business.
>>
>>71844840
And why did he pour three drinks when it was just he and Daniel at the bowling alley?
>>
>>71844840
because the movie was about to come to an end and there had to be blood
>>
>>71844840
you must be a beta male or a woman. you have never felt the joyful rush of bloodlust. the feeling of crushing another man with your own hands.
>>
>>71845636

One for God.
>>
LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD LE CLASSIC PAUL DANO XD
>>
>>71845880

excellent post
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.