[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Better Call Saul better than Breaking Bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13
File: better call saul.jpg (60 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
better call saul.jpg
60 KB, 400x600
Is Better Call Saul better than Breaking Bad?
>>
It is if you have patrician taste and can understand the based slow burn
>>
I enjoy it more. really liked breaking bad, but it's ultimately a depressing show. BCS stimulates my brain in a similar way but I find much more joy in the characters. I smile and marvel more. I'm rooting for people instead of in spite of them, or in pity.
>>
better memes
>>
Soon
>>
More like Better Call a New Showrunner
>>
>Talking: The show
>>
File: srQSPzw[1].png (558 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
srQSPzw[1].png
558 KB, 1280x720
Breaking Bad had god-tier writing with pretty great direction

Better Call Saul also has god-tier writing and god-tier directing as well
>>
>>71840950
>Not rooting for Walt the whole way through.
>>
>>71841036
Your pic related is in my top three sequences of that show. I love her so much.
>>
>>71840946
>dogshit waste of time
>ughh wow ADD much?
>>
>>71841085
*teleports into you're fedora*
heh... it aint me bein personnel, big guy.
>>
>>71841110
You have ADD
>>
I'd say they're equal now but BCS definitely has the potential to surpass BB
>>
>>71841085
I mean I did, but the metaphorical Ark of my rooting for him was filled with a different set of animals than the Ark I have for the characters on BCS. Breaking Bad taught me all of the shades of blue while Better Call Saul is flaring burnt orange.
>>
waste of time.

there is so many better shows you can waste your time on
>>
>>71841026
>implying a show is bad because it has strong dialogue
>>
>>71840992
>>71841026
>>71841110
>>71841237
>nothing happens durr

At least try not to look like gigantic plebs, you gigantic plebs.
>>
File: 1468099836902.png (338 KB, 585x633) Image search: [Google]
1468099836902.png
338 KB, 585x633
>>71840858
Being better than Breaking Bad is not a compliment
>>
>>71841251
imagine Vince G showrunning Supergirl
>>
I dropped BCS after a couple of eps in season 2.

Didn't drop BB.

BB > BCS
>>
>>71841120
it's so dense
>>
>>71841319
>when a pleb alerts u to their presence
>>
It might be when it's done, however both season finales have been some of the worst season finales I've seen in my life.
>>
>>71841319
I bet you used to own at least two pairs of jnco's
>>
Yes.
>>
>>71841484
I think people like you view Saul as crap because he never goes dark side. Walter not only gets evil, he relishes it at times and I think people like you really dig that note. Saul is more of a rusty knight thing.

The difference between Walter and Saul is, Saul was bad early in life and then reformed, whereas Walter was a beta cuck and then revolted late in life.
>>
>>71841528
>The only thing worth watching it for is the cameos.

And this is how I know you're a pleb
>>
File: fred-sanford.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fred-sanford.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>Not sure who's worse the people thinking that it's boring or the people calling everyone plebs
>>
>>71841484
I don't mind Saul as a character but everything else you've said is true.
>>
>>71841528
No, it's because they chose to do nothing in the S1 finale, and while you may feel that nothing happens in BCS, you're wrong, even if what happens isn't all that grand or essential to the plot, stuff happens, however nothing happened in that episode. In the S2 finale, it felt like the writers thought they were writing the penultimate episode of the season rather than the finale, and the result is an ending that doesn't close off the season in a satisfying way, or more accurately, a finale that doesn't feel like it's closing off the season at all.
>>
>>71841680
the people lashing out at differing opinions are the redditors. They are worse since they are true plebs.
>>
File: image.png (348 KB, 600x562) Image search: [Google]
image.png
348 KB, 600x562
The first season was really great, but the second season back pedaled from the ending in what feels like an effort to draw everything out. The acting, direction, cinematography are all still good, but the season finale was dramatically inert thanks to a cheap cliffhanger and Mikes story still not meaningfull6 converging with Jimmys (a step back from season 1).

Season 2 could've been goat if the story it told was seriously trimmed and/or it ended with Chuck dying/seriously injured from the fall (which would be a direct consequence of Jimmys own actions).

Then again I was watching this alongside my first viewing of The Sopranos and that show is on a level I think very few can even hope to touch, so maybe that's coloring my perception.

Here's an unrelated image for my post.
>>
>>71841484
>Someone Shout Ehrmantrout
he's honestly the best part of the show
inb4 'slow burning character arc you pleb'
>>
>>71843069
I pretty much agree, but I found season 2 more disappointing. By the third episode, I had to go rewatch the first season to remember why I liked it so much. I think the cinematography, lighting, coloring, character dilemmas/development, and even the music cues are much better. It's like they wanted to completely change the tone of the show, but couldn't agree on what it should be.
>>
File: ain't that just the way otgw.png (115 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
ain't that just the way otgw.png
115 KB, 500x216
>>71843352
It feels like Season 1 was made with 3 seasons in mind and Season 2 with 5. Like, it would be the perfect end to an Act 1 of a 3 Act story, but it has to be stretched out now.

"Oh, shit, Season 1 ends with Jimmy utterly rejected by Chuck, the person he so desperately wanted to earn respect and validation from? This drives Jimmy on a downward spiral, setting him off the straight and narrow path he was trying so hard to follow? Well, we can't be having that, we've got time to fill."

There's nothing wrong with a slow burn if you're going somewhere, but it feels like it's just spinning the wheels (We spent eight episodes on Davis & Main for what? Jimmy's going back to Elder Law?).

>>71843337
Honestly, Mike's kind of my least favorite part, at least of Season 2. I don't care about Tuco, or Salamanca, or any of that right now. It seems more interested in call backs to BB. Mike's great when he and Jimmy are reluctantly brought together and playing off each other, but it feels like they barely exchanged ten sentences through all of the second season.
>>
>>71841877
I agree that the S1 finale turned out to be nothing, especially since S2 backpadels on its conclusion super hard, but I'd chalk that up to production playing it safe in case BCS turned out to be a one-season show.

The S2 finale, on the other hand, I actually like quite a bit, and I think it does draw a clear line on what S2 was about and what S3 will be about, at least as far as Jimmy's story goes. S2 was about Jimmy's unhappiness at the law firm followed by starting a pseudo-joint practice with Kim. S3, on the other hand, will be about the legal battle between Jimmy and Chuck. It wouldn't be suitable for the S2 finale twist to be in the penultimate episode because the repercussions are too huge to be dealt with in one episode.
>>
>>71843668
A 3 season/act structure would have been a good scope for the show yeah. The second season gave some hints of what I was hoping for in terms of laying out why and how Jimmy created Saul Goodman, but Jimmy was underused and didn't seem like the focus of the season. I suspect the writers were trying to ease Odenkirk's workload because on their podcast they say how hard he was working in the first season and he hurt his voice or something in an unrelated way around that time. Also, like you and other people have been saying, Mike seem hamfisted into the story.
>>
>>71843668
eh, I enjoyed Mikes bit with the wimpy drug dealer guy, and some of his other scenes (I honestly don't remember what season they were in) but yeah, I think that he would work best on his own show, on Saul he's just kind of a weird 'Hey, remember Breaking Bad?' that they don't really use enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1094x821) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1094x821
>>71844154
>>71844110
>>71843905
>>71843668
lurking this discussion
>>
It definitely leans more kino than breaking bad.
>>
Yes. It has such a great cast
>>
nothing happens: the show

mike is the only thing worth a shit. saul is a boring character and his only strength is how funny he can be, but that has all been squandered to tell some droned out shitty story about buying office spaces and how his brother doesn't really like him

fuck vince
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 624x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 624x500
>mfw chuck
>>
>>71845128
this is a personal thing, but I enjoy watching Saul because most of my family members are addicts. addicts are the BEST liars, dream weavers. especially when backed into a corner. Saul is just as slippery a fish when shit gets limited, and I enjoy that ingenuity especially when it's motivated by not drugs (yet).
>>
>>71845128
>there's not enough action scenes I'm bored! >:[
>>
Better Call Saul is shit. How can there be any suspense if we know that Saul and Mike end up fine?
>>
>>71845422
because the peril lies within the ancillary characters around Saul and mike that aren't around in BrBa.
>>
>>71843668
Mike is definitely the worst part of the show for me. It feels like they were scared to have a show of just Saul doing lawyer things so they stuck in Mike so they could have some action. If it wasn't a prequel and I didn't know that Mike is a big part of BB, I'd be wondering why this character who is hardly connected to Jimmy is so prevalent. It's like if ther was an ongoing side story in BB about Eyebrows running his car wash.
>>
>>71845422
>>71845698
Not to mention that the main thread of the entire series is not whether or not Saul and Mike will die, but rather what exactly ends up driving them to be the amoral people they are in BrBa.
>>
>>71845728
the show should have just been a comedy about saul doing scummy saul lawyering things

mike shouldn't have been in it, chuck the electroid fuck shouldn't have been in it. kim can stay or go, she's a worthless character anyway but waifu fags like her
>>
>>71845128
This
Its boring shit
>>
>>71845830
exactly. the vase is broken, the show is just showing you the mouse trap board game of how it went down.

I almost view better call Saul as the carefree 60's before the free love movement got ravaged by cult leaders and serial murder.
>>
>>71843905
I didn't like the S2 finale because I typically expect seasons of a show to be enjoyable and well written in their own right, without over reliance on other seasons. Of course I don't think you should be able to just jump into any season and kniw what's going on, but each season should feel like a distinct story in its own right. Season 2 of BCS feels like an incomplete story as a result of the ending, which didn't feel like an ending. It was like ending a movie at the end of the second act instead of the third. I feel like it would have been better if the season was a few episodes longer, and Chuck and Jimmy resolved their conflict in those episodes, but I suppose the shows writers couldn't do that even if they wanted to.

Also, this is a minor complaint and I understand why it was done the way it was, but the montage of Jimmy trying to get fired pissed me off. I understand why it was done the way it was done, but there's no way Jimmy would ever get away with that, he would have been fired and he would not have gotten money from it.
>>
File: 1461089489244.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1461089489244.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>71840858
mfw I realize the season 2 poster depicts Jimmy as Sisyphus

>the "nothing happens" meme was right all along
>>
>literally NOTHING happens, the show!!!
I don't mind slow stories
hell, Breaking Bad was slow at times
but it took its time to build up to something, and went shit went down, you really cared about the character it took so long to get to know
BCS... NOTHING happens
and every episode is a long montage of zooming into insects of something
>>
>>71846612
the first season had some moments, the scene where saul and those two guys get kidnapped and tuco was going to kill them was a good scene, that's the kind of stuff i was expecting out of the show. tuco was shoehorned in but that's not the point.

instead of that, the show turned into this slow boring slog of shit story lines and shit characters
>>
>>71841283
writing is terrible, characters are pretty flat and one dimensional. its the same as breaking bad, it panders to pretentious twats. the directing is edgy and try hard, same as breaking bad. gilligan literally said he has no idea how Jimmy becomes Saul or when that will happen. And this is after two full seasons. its deliberately padded out.

The first season actually had something. But the second season threw all that away. i dont understand why /tv/ pretends to like it though, it's a popular show, they aren't being contrarian, and they bitched about the "slow burn" and "character drama" in Boardwalk but "love" better call saul, despite its faux cardboard depth
>>
>>71846739
>The first season actually had something. But the second season threw all that away.

not only did the second season throw away the entire first season, but it did that in literally the first 5 minutes of the first episode of season 2.

saul at the end of season 1 has a chat with mike and basically says his conscious is never going to get in the way of anything he does again

5 minutes into episode 1 of season 2: "oh ok kim, i'll take the nice cushy job because it's the right thing to do"
>>
>>71845385
>these scenes of Kim packing and unpacking her shit and moving into and out of her office a dozen times sure is riveting television
>>
>>71846845
i remember when the show was airing, some idiot on here would constantly respond with how interesting the camera work was even when there was nothing happening in the show.

these are the types of people who enjoy BCS, idiots who think they know what they're talking about.
>>
There are just inherently fewer stakes in BCS. BB revolved around Walt's finite time left to live and desire to feel alive whereas BCS is much more about determinism. We know the older characters and where they'll be by the end of the story, we're just given some more interiority to their lives and they react to things. Chuck's opinion of Jimmy is very deterministic and enables his behavior further. I don't necessarily feel like that's a postive trait for a story, but it's enough for what could be a good show and season 1 showed that imo
>>
>>71846793
Yeah I was pretty pissed off about that. Tossed out 10 hours of actual character development and solid writing in ~5 minutes because they decided they want to just pad the show out rather than go into the Saul transformation.

Given the season 1 finale, this is how I saw the natural progression for the show:

>season 2: Jimmy transforms into Saul, slowly cultivating everything that we love from breaking bad, at the end of the season he is a full blown Saul Goodmen, amoral criminal lawyer and Mike is a solid cartel enforcer through his connection to Nacho
>season 3: shit hits the fan with Chuck and Kim in a big way, they end up out of Sauls life, Nacho tries to rip off the cartel and shit goes south, Mike is tapped by Nacho's superiors to clean it up

When I watched Talking Saul after the S2 premiere and watched that fucking hack Gilligan gleefully proclaim that he has no idea where Jimmy is going or when he becomes Saul (joking that it might take 7 seasons), I was sick. This fuck is thrilled that he has a blank check to do nothing for whole seasons and people will watch it solely because of Breaking Bad.
>>
>>71846906
And the camera work isn't even interesting, its the same boring try-hard masturbatory shit that Gilligan used in Breaking Bad
>>
Yes. Is that even a question
>>
>>71846994
>When I watched Talking Saul after the S2 premiere and watched that fucking hack Gilligan gleefully proclaim that he has no idea where Jimmy is going or when he becomes Saul (joking that it might take 7 seasons), I was sick. This fuck is thrilled that he has a blank check to do nothing for whole seasons and people will watch it solely because of Breaking Bad.

vince is basically just a shill at this point trying to get that advertisement money. saul isn't a deep character, he's a scummy lawyer, we don't need some grand epic backstory saga of how he became a scumbag lawyer. who the fuck cares? he was a funny sidekick character in breaking bad, that's it. that's what i wanted out of this show, saul being a funny scummy lawyer.

but no, instead i get mike being breaking grandpa, dragged out stories about office buildings, and the worst of them all - chuck.

i just wanted a funny show man, THATS IT
>>
>>71846739
>gilligan literally said he has no idea how Jimmy becomes Saul or when that will happen.

Is this true?
They did that in the last season of Breaking Bad too. They added that fucking machine gun without any idea of what they were going to do with it, then had to contrive a way for Walt to use it.
>>
>>71846707
I was expecting it to be a 'cool-on-the-fly-lawyerin' against some baddies every week after that. I was really disappointed.
>>
>>71847023
it's not groundbreaking but it's used well enough. hating something for being almost beautiful should be discouraged. I'd rather a show try real informatic framing than paint by numbers any day
>>
>>71847124
>originally BCS was going to be a half hour dark comedy on Netflix

AMC couldn't let that happen. And naturally they had to do the same shit as Breaking Bad. Oh how does a "good guy" like Jimmy become Saul? Same with fucking Mike. They both have to break bad for some reason. Even though Mike established in BB that he'd been a cold motherfucker for a long time, no half measures, shit like that. Then they have him pulling half measures all over the place.

>Walt, fuck Jesse, don't go through with this hair brained scheme to get him arrested, just kill him
>Nacho I won't kill Tuco, I'll come up with some hair brained scheme to get him arrested

And then they took the scenes where Mike does weasel shit, using the balloons to knock out the power before his assault, putting the toy over the peep hole, and extrapolated the hell out of it so that Mike is some stupid McGuyver type character.
>>
>>71847273
Yeah Vince is a hack. He admitted that the machine gun flash forward was an awful idea in every way and yet people are under the illusion that he's a good writer, for some reason. For some reason he thinks it has to be some crazy epic transformation, but in reality all he needed to do was just not shit on the S1 finale in the first five minutes of S2. Boom, there's your Saul origin right there. Simple, elegant, smooth.
>>
>>71847487
>Oh how does a "good guy" like Jimmy become Saul?

the worst part of this is they've already established jimmy has been a piece of shit since he was a kid, he stole money from his dad
>>
no. things actually happen in BB
>>
>>71847474
But who gives a shit if literally nothing is happening on screen except for epic deep camera work? Who cares? It's derivative no substance all style bullshit, idc how many times you masturbate too it
>>
How is Gilligan a hack? The S1 finale reversal is hardly bad enough to tarnish all his work on The X Files and Breaking Bad.
>>
>>71847550
meh, his dad was a dope who would have gleefully handed away that money and more to everyone with a story. That was also probably one of the only good scenes in this season

>wolf or a sheep kid, who ya gonna be?
>>
>>71847560
>breaking bad
OMG INTENSE EVERYTHING HAPPENING ALL THE TIME CONSTANT MOTION ZOOM BOOM METH METH METH

>better call saul
oh look chuck is having problems with electricity again, damn
>>
>>71847560
BB was just as stale, two dimensional as BCS. Thats why BCS is the way it is.

>>71847633
are you fucking sorry? Gilligan admits he just writes shit because he thinks it sounds cool and then when it comes time to close the circle he fucks up. He said in an interview that that flash forward was a terrible decision that put him in an awful spot. And here he is in the same spot all over again.
>>
>>71847698
vince is a good writer. that's what he should do and that is what he's best at. he is NOT a good show runner/show planner.
>>
>>71847698
>are you fucking sorry? Gilligan admits he just writes shit because he thinks it sounds cool and then when it comes time to close the circle he fucks up. He said in an interview that that flash forward was a terrible decision that put him in an awful spot. And here he is in the same spot all over again.
Am I serious? Of course - a writer making a mistake shouldn't discredit the rest of their work. Have you watched his X File episodes? They were usually top-tier.
>>
No because its a show about nothing
>>
>>71847842
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by2O3WVkc6M
>>
>>71847796
there's a difference between writing for a show, and being a writer+show runner.

chris carter was the show runner for the x files when vince was writing for it. you may have noticed that chris carter lost his shit at some point and hasn't written anything good since season 7 of the x files.
>>
>>71847586
but even that is better than trope style and no substance.

if you examine the emotional/motivational retcons, particularly mike committing half measures...

I mean the idea is that he doesn't have that belief yet. He's a few degrees away from the person he is in BB. Obviously something of absolute importance is going to blow up in his face that breaks his bad. daughter in law and kid are gonna splat for sure.

If that's the case, the show has to be viewed as a pretty car wreck in slow motion to be enjoyed. the series is basically the 2nd and beginning of third act of every drug/mafia movie
>>
File: 1467868330237.jpg (251 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
1467868330237.jpg
251 KB, 1500x1125
>>71846845

I could watch Rhea for hours desu.
>>
>>71847796
He's clearly a shit showrunner/executive producer. He killed Breaking Bad with that stupid flash forward decision. And he's a shit writer because hes a shameless company man with no vision. Don't give a fuck about X-Files. The Lone Gunmen was a hilariously colossal failure in the hands of Gilligan. So it seems to me that X-Files stands as the exception that proves the rule.
>>
>>71847887
not the person you're replying to but I agree with what you said about mike except the daughter in law and granddaughter are alive in BB
>>
>>71847876
at least Seinfeld is funny, BCS, not so much. not to mention BCS has twice the runtime as Seinfeld. Twice the time double the nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 600x473
>>71847888
trips yes
>>
>>71847960
oh shit I didn't know that. interesting. gonna have to find a real sexy maguffin to make him adopt no half measures in any real way
>>
>>71847887
>implying that the camemera work is anything but empty and try-hard

What are you some kind of retard? Mike has held his stance on half measures since he was a Philly cop decades ago. Words directly from his mouth to Walt. And both his daughter in law and granddaughter are alive in Breaking Bad, do you even pay attention to the shows you watch or are you too busy shitposting?

And his granddaughter in BCS is already older than she was in BB lmfao, she's supposed to be 5 in BB and BCS is set like 5-7 years before BB. By the time they "catch up" to Breaking Bad she'll be a fucking teenager.
>>
>>71847881
>>71847948
I thought we were talking about him as a writer? Then fine, he may be a shit showrunner, I was just defending his writing.

Not caring about the X Files is disappointing desu senpai.
>>
>>71847888
>Jimmy don't be a conman
>LOL dude Jimmy come help me con this dude

I got sick of staring at that stupid mug of hers after the first few episodes and it became evident that she was going to have much focus while she did nothing of importance but be a flip floppy wishy washy bitch
>>
>>71847981
I don't hate better call saul but breaking bad at least had a point to it.
>>
>>71848154
she has the most annoying way of speaking i've ever seen in movies or tv. she clenches her fucking jaw like a coke fiend
>>
File: image.jpg (416 KB, 792x2383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416 KB, 792x2383
>>71848098
hmmm I stand corrected. to be fair I smoke way too much pot and maybe I'm the sort of audience for the show: guy who definitely loved breaking bad but doesn't really remember why, definitely don't have a grasp on the mythos well enough to out think the show.

now if we talking L O S T...
>>
>>71848110
But Gilligan was a writer for Breaking Bad too with direct control over the writing room? He's a shit writer and a shit show runner and fuck X-Files, why should I waste my time when everything else he's touched is shit and the X-Files revival is also a complete fucking joke?
>>
>>71848155
There is literally no point to watch Breaking Bad more than once. All that there is to be gleaned from it can be taken in one go. Absolutely no reason or reward to watching it again. An exercise in futility.
>>
>>71848212
he didn't write for the new x files, that was mostly chris carter

the one good episode of the new xfiles season wasn't written by carter. that guy is a fucking joke and shouldn't be allowed to write anymore
>>
>>71848286
Yeah, I was just saying the revival blows
>>
>>71848212
>argues a writer is shit
>I'm going to ignore when he was good
What does the X Files revival have to do with this? He wasn't involved at all with it, and whilst it was bad (not surprising though) it still had the best episode since season 7.

Why would you Base the X Files off of what Vincent wrote, when there were plenty of other brilliant episodes he didn't write?
>>
>>71848367
I brought up the X-Files revival as a part of my "lol fuck the x-files" stance, nothing to do with Gilligan. Though Gilligan was a writer/producer during the original run, and everything else he's been attached to has been complete dog shit. So I can see how you'd get confused there
>>
>>71848680
>I brought up the X-Files revival as a part of my "lol fuck the x-files" stance
Have you even watched The X Files? Next you'll be saying Lynch & Frost are shit because of how Twin Peaks season 2 went.

>everything else he's been attached to has been complete dog shit.
I take it you're just trying to be contrarian? He's made bad decisions, but let's not pretend BB or BCS are dog shit.
>>
>>71841085
>rooting for walt after he poisoned a child of someone who wasnt even involved in his shit
>rooting for walt after he sold out his last friend and then abandoned him
>>
no. it's boring as shit. his brother is annoying. the last seaosn finale wa shorrible. high hopes for this show and season 2. shit is okay.... but "nothing happens"
>>
>>71848822
>but let's not pretend BB or BCS are dog shit

Tell me how BB and BCS are anything but dogshit, they're Sons of Anarchy, GoT and TWD tier, so there's that. And that's a nice projection there bud. I bet you actually think Twin Peaks season 3 is going to be "good" too.
>>
>Better Be Boring
what were they thinking
>>
>>71848893
survival at any and all costs bruh.

The kid wasn't even white ffs, why was anyone upset?
>>
>>71848822
>Have you even watched The X Files?

and just what does that have to do with everything else Gilligan has had his hands on being shit? Just look at the fucking laughable movies and literal who? tv shows he's been a part of aside from X-Files and BB. Guys a clown.
>>
I think better call saul is a great show but that's only when medicated. I watched it once without Adderall and couldn't finish it.
>>
>>71849099
I struggle to see how you can be anything other than a contrarian.
>it's popular so it's shit
BB and BCS have good dialogue and a style that leaves you intrigued to find out what happens to the characters. They're both very well directed and have good soundtracks.

I mean if you'd read my responses you'd know I wasn't surprised The X Files had a bad revival, it wouldn't be hard to think maybe I wouldn't believe Twin Peaks would have a good revival either. Not to mention you clearly either missed my point or are purposely ignoring it to bait me or something.
>>
>>71848893
Please, Jesse is the fucking sellout. Walt gives up everything he built and executes 2 gangsters to save his dumbass from doing something stupid and all he wanted in return was loyalty. Instead Jesse gets chummy with the guy who wanted them dead in the first place. That little shit should've died.
>>
>>71849172
Watching The X Files has to do with knowing he had written good episodes for it, whilst the show actually has good episodes written by other writers (so where's this 'fuck X Files' stance coming from), not to mention the obvious - Gilligan had nothing to do with the revival.
>>
>>71849272
Alright faggot, try rereading my posts maybe, I've outlined exactly why BCS and BB are bad previously. And I'll give you a hint it's not because they're popular retard. In fact, I'll save you some time. It's because the writing is uninspired, the "camera work" dull and try-hardy of the "oh shit look at this" school. The characters are flat and two dimensional and no one has any growth at all, except for Walt sometimes. Pretty much all the characters just serve as an obstacle in Walt's way and nothing more. Look at all the times Walt and Jesse flip flop and waffle back and forth about whether or not they need to cook more meth or hang it up and retire.

And I don't care enough about Twin Peaks or Lynch to start having that boring and unimaginative discussion. So run along back to film school

>>71849354
oh wow, so he wrote a couple good episodes for the X-Files over 15 years ago? that really is amazing. too bad he's an incompetent show runner
>>
>>71849515
>So run along back to film school
Running back now. Fucking hell, you're a waste of time.
>>
>>71849172

>Someone in TV/Film has a career of hits and misses!

Wow you cracked the case! What a sleuth you are!
>>
>>71849596
>its popular so it's good!
>he wrote a few episodes of X-Files that were good almost 20 years ago so that means hes a great writer
>even though he hasn't written or done anything besides steaming shit since

don't ever reply to me or my son again kid
>>
>>71849801
>hits and misses

He has no hits what so ever in the film world, I guess you could say his best movie was Hancock lol. And as far as television goes, he wasn't the reason why X-Files was good, and everything that has been "his" flat out sucks.

What are you so buttstrated about? Have I offended your delicate sensibilities by pointing out how much of a talentless fool Gilligan is?
>>
>>71849874

I don't even like Gilligan that much, but I'm not about to be an ebin trole and say everything he has ever done sucks, he's talentless, etc.

He's successful in this business and you're not. Deal with it, loser lmao
>>
>>71849973
Good thing I don't have to be a writer to critique his "work" and point out how unimaginative and empty it all is. You seem to like Gilligan an awful lot, anyone with half a brain and the capability for critical thought can see he's talentless.
>>
>>71840858
Yes, its better, but for some reason its having rating problems. I dont see as much publicity as BB had.
>>
>>71840858
I like to call this show Better Call Randy or Better Cuck Chuck.
>>
>>71850144

I'm sure Gilligan is crying in his mansion and wiping his tears with hundred dollar bills over the fact that some faggot on /tv/ is talking shit about him.
>>
We should thank Vravo Bince for creating the ultimate pleb filter.
>>
>>71852224
>actually being this frustrated

i couldn't even imagine. I just think it's funny that he knows he's a hack, he admits it freely, but retards like you eat up his meme filled shlock like you've never seen a movie or tv show before
>>
File: 1377868925196.gif (3 MB, 687x615) Image search: [Google]
1377868925196.gif
3 MB, 687x615
>>71852597

Talk about making shit up. Once again, I'm not even a gilligan fan, I just enjoy how idiots like you talk all this endless shit about people more successful than you.

Why don't you suckle on my poopies? I will rub butter upon your moms teets for you milkhead eatin ass head faggot. I will fart in the same room as you.
>>
>>71853035
>actually whiteknighting a male hollywood writer

what sort of advanced faggotry is this
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.