[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuck this was good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
fuck this was good
>>
>>71837797
>things teens say
>>
>>71838931
yep. They'd discover Tarkovksy and go "Holy shit. This movie blew me the fuck away."
>>
>>71839004
STALKER is really good, solaris is overrated and boring as shit, idk the others

tbqh I prefer many kurosawas' and bergman's to tarkovsky
>>
>>71839004
If you don't think Tarkovsky is one of the greatest filmmakers ever, you're retarded.
>>
>>71839004
They really feel that way about pretty much anything arthouse. Such an awful and pretentious genre, I hope teenagers stick to it more and leave the great stuff to us adults.
>>
File: 1365809329742.jpg (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1365809329742.jpg
70 KB, 800x600
>>71839294
>>
>>71839294
I don't. It was just a far out example.
>>
>>71839321
You're out of touch with reality
>>
>>71839321
Blame your parents for raising you horribly. It's not my fault your feeble mind can't stay focused and you need explosions and short, fast paced sequences to entertain you.
>>
what did he say to her?
>>
File: 1420985108823.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1420985108823.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>71839387
>you don't think this single, rather pretentious filmmaker is one of the greatest of all time
>y-you must only like action m-marvel movies or something!! Hahaha! Not enough explosions? Quip quip quip!!!!!

t. Damage control
>>
>>71839183
Have only seen Solaris of his, but I kinda like it. The first half was absurdly fucking boring though.

have been completly unimpresed with Kurosawa so far though, all actors seem so incredibly hammy and over the top and the dialogue seems so awkward. Even though I wasn't too fond of Ozu either, his movies seem to have a higher class.
>>
>>71839458
>I'm a foot guy
>>
>>71839479
Define pretension in terms of your opinion of Tarkovsky.
>>
>>71839507
I suggest you to watch a movie, and then watch again with the audio commentary, it's really useful and can light on things you may have not noticed (but you will, in the next kurosawa you see).

Also, grab High And Low, it's god tier
>>
>>71839708
His films clearly have an inflated opinion of themselves. That's not to say they don't have the depth to back it up, but they still try a little too hard to ask "what does it mean? What does it meeeean?"

I'm not saying Tarkovsky wasn't a good filmmaker, but I would'nt count him as one of my personal favorites.
>>
>>71837797
No shit
>>
can we get more movies like OP's and pic related?

>movies that are set in modern tokyo/korea somewhat focusing on their culture/day-to-day lives with or without a western protagonist
>bonus if kino-esque
>>
>>71840059
Memories of Murder was pretty dang good
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.