[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stannis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: stennis4chins.jpg (132 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
stennis4chins.jpg
132 KB, 1024x512
>Gives Renly until dawn to decide if he will join or fight
>Renly is murdered by a shadow demon sent in the middle of the night

>"You are Shireen of House Baratheon, my daughter, rightful heir to the iron throne, and no harm will come to you" or something to that effect
>Burns his daughter and his bloodline alive while she screams and begs for help

>Known to exact justice no matter the case. Literally cuts Davos's fingers off for smuggling even though his smuggling saved Storm's End. The Law is the final word.
>Asks Jon to break his sworn vow to the night's watch in order to fight for him, not only promising he won't be punished, but will legitimize him as a stark and heir to the largest of the seven kingdoms.

stannis sucks lel
>>
Stannis was autistic. He was GRRM's metta commentary on the typical guy reading the books in momma's basement between rounds of Dungeons and Dragons
>>
>>71837233
Does anyone seriously believe this fucking bullshit?
>>
>>71835858
You are the cuck that was promised...

>Muh dany dragins
>Muh jun snuw
BTFO faggot

Nobody is falling for this shitty BAIT!
>>
>>71837263
Think about the fans you know. I bet you know some Stannis fans. People who were supporting Stannis in his claim to the Iron Throne. What did they all have in common? At least a mild case of Tism.

Us non-special-ed folk support Renly Baratheon. He had the support of most of fthe realm, he had the largest military, he had the best houses on his side. And I'm sure there must be some kind of clause in the line of secession that deals with cases when the oldest living brother is mentally retarded so the younger brother needs to take command.
>>
>>71837526
BAIT
>>
>>71835858
>Gives Renly until dawn to decide if he will join or fight
>Renly is murdered by a shadow demon sent in the middle of the night

Because Renly wronged him, justice allows one wronger to wrong him too once.

>Asks Jon to break his sworn vow to the night's watch in order to fight for him, not only promising he won't be punished, but will legitimize him as a stark and heir to the largest of the seven kingdoms.

Because it's a stupid cuck vow and he was the key to the north
>>
>>71835858
Stannis was the autist self insert GRMM self inserted it to bait autists into the show, he litterally said that stannis was autistic and he self inserted him for them autists
>>
>>71835858
The King has the right to do so. He wouldn't have asked Jon to join him if he wasn't king.
>>
>>71838165
Jon's actions makes no sense.

>Stannis: join me and we will take the seven kingdoms together

Humm... no I can't join you and help you take back my sister and safe the north, even tho the other lords would bend the knee to me, at least most of them, thus assuring your victory

>Sansa: JOOOOOOON!!!

Jon: Ok sistah... you're right... even tho I'm a bastard with no claim to it and have a vow I will do a suicide attack to winterfell anyway
>>
>>71838314
Kek
>>
>>71838016
>Because it's a stupid cuck vow

See what I mean? Autism.

>living in Westeros
>Heard stories all my life about the Others
>Surely they must just be old stories, and didn't actually exist
>The stories say they were defeated
>A giant wall is built to keep them out
>Eh, how big could this wall be?
>"Im sure the wall must just be for keeping out nomadic scavengers"
>Personally see this wall
>700 feet tall
>The most monumental structure ever built by man
>Dwarfs the great pyramids in magnitude
>Yep, must be for keeping the scavengers out
>"Aint no such thing as Others"
>Lord commander of the Knights Watch reports he has personally seen the Others and zombies
>"Just stories, must have had too much ale"
>The others are coming with an army of the undead to lay waste to the realm
>"Superstition"
>>
>>71835858
In the books, Stannis represents a conflicting and challenging case that is presented in the beginning as ambiguous leaning towards dark. The majority of readers (myself included) would be logically repelled by him - he’s sullen, strict and has surrounded himself with a cult that he himself doesn’t seem to believe in. We ask ourselves why Davos would bother sticking his neck out for this guy, he’s clearly no one to follow.

But then that Wall save happens, and Stannis is presented from a different angle - he’s a pragmatist, so he chooses to prove his worth as a king in a very hands on way. This shifted case of perspective causes certain readers (who appreciate the support he offers Jon in a difficult moment, and one that feels real and earned) look at Stannis in a more sympathetic light.

He doesnt seem like a looney, but more nuanced - a pragmatist with strict (to his detriment) principles that feels he has often got the short end of the stick in life. It feels unfair - and he did a fair thing in saving the Wall, so these readers believe Stannis deserves a shot, a chance to “win” this time round. In the moment he’s in right now, he is up against the hated Boltons - and this seems a perfect “win” for him. Now how George will play this out is anyones guess - he might give him the battle (likely) but Shireen would definitely burn to bring back Jon, so this may cause his downfall. The rather enthusiastic fan base he has gathered is due to that sense of “deserved” victory that the character of Stannis has surrounding him, and people naturally want to see a proper payoff. Its the lack of payoff for now that continues to generate this hype, as its something tangible to look forward to in the next book.
>>
>Be 12
>Older brother is a high school wrestling champion
>Im not that athletic
>Spend my free time playing N64
>Little brother says he wants to play
>I don't usually let other people in my room, its my safe space
>Mom makes me let brother play N64
>Take N64 to the living room, so he doesnt go in my room
>Playing Smash Bros.
>I'm playing Link, spamming the sword spinning move
>Brother is Princess Peach
>I'm down to one life left and a lot of damage
>He has almost no damage
>Unplug his controller and knock him off the platform
>He yells, I stare straight ahead at the screen and say nothing
>We play again
>Down to last life and heavy damage
>He still has 2 lives left
>He has hammer
>I hit the reset button on the N64
>He laughs
>Starts yelling, "Peach! Peach! Peach!"
>I just keep staring straight ahead, not blinking, not moving, not responding
>He taunts me all week, saying, "You got beat by Peach! Gay faggot loser!"
>I hate him, never talk to him again
>Keep hearing it in my head
>"Peach! Peach! Peach!"
>10 years later
>Older brother is Olympic champion wrestler
>He is national hero, becomes president
>Makes my little brother a Governor
>Oh shit, if little brother is Governor, imagine what I will be!
>Makes me the manager of our village's post office
>WTF
>Rage
>Older brother dies in office
>Line of secession in my country says that if the president dies, his oldest male sibling finishes out his term
>Show up at the capital building to accept my rightful place as president
>Brother is there
>Im confused
>Im supposed to be president
>But everyone is telling me at the meeting that since little brother was a high ranking member of the government, he should be president
>Little brother sitting across the table, grinning
>Eating a peach
>"you want a peach?"
>I stare at him, not blinking, not moving
>"A man should never refuse to taste a peach"
>I hear it in my head again
>"Peach! Peach! Peach!"
>I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.