[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was with this movie until they started talking about the time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Interstellar_film_poster.jpg (42 KB, 260x406) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar_film_poster.jpg
42 KB, 260x406
I was with this movie until they started talking about the time relativity. 1 hour on that one planet is 7 years on Earth. That's just made up for Hollywood purposes. The rest of the movie's accuracy regarding black holes and space was on point though.
>>
tl;dr

they don't get to space until 1 hour into the movie.

Nearly turned it off.

Shit movie
>>
>overly long and pretentious
>directed by chris nolan
Every time...
>>
>>71832425

no it actually happens if you go to a black hole the time changes they explained in the movie
>>
>fiction in a science fiction movie

What absolute heresy!
>>
>implying we know anything about space
It's just nerds in a room running through math problems for solutions that hold no real meaning. Theoretical physicists get paid a lot of money to use their imagination.
>>
File: fedoraguy.jpg (16 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
fedoraguy.jpg
16 KB, 353x334
>>71832425
I take it you work for nasa?
>>
>>71832590
This

Do they do contribute to anything actually useful in the short term?
>>
File: 1450289401713.png (58 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
1450289401713.png
58 KB, 329x329
ITT: retarded americans attempt to comprehend relativism
>>
The movie was complete fucking shit and I even had to watch it twice with my dad and a friend. The pacing was so shit, the characters were not interesting and even if I'm not a physicist, most of the stuff we were shown was just clear bullshit.
>enter black hole
>doesn't die
>ends up in a higher dimensional representation of his daughter's bedroom
>once he is done he is conveniently spit out in the solar system next to a human space station, unaharmed
>>
>>71832425
Although I didn't like this movie at all, you're wrong about that being made up. It's called special relativity
>>
>The bad guy's name is Dr. Hugh Man
BRAVISSIMO NOLAN
>>
>>71834560
>the bad guy's name is just "CIA"
I N C R E D I B L E
W R I T I N G
>>
>do not go gentle into that good plane
>big guys should burn and reave at closer plan
>rage, rage, agaisnt the crashing of this plane
>>
>>71832425
>I KNOW A TON ABOUT SPACE TRUST ME
Uhhh... this is actually explained.
The planet is close to the black hole.
This explains the time dilation.
Pay attention when you watch, please.
>>
>>71832853
Satelites? Asteroid study?
>>
>>71832597
t. Jealous fag triggered the instant someone shows a fraction of knowledge
>>
>>71832425
>movies longer than 1,5 h
This needs to stop
>>
>>71837396
Lav Diaz says fuck to you bicboii
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.