[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this to me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: k44965ShiningPictureq228.jpg (112 KB, 693x512) Image search: [Google]
k44965ShiningPictureq228.jpg
112 KB, 693x512
Explain this to me.
>>
Its a picture of Jack Nicholson from the movie "The Shining"
>>
>>71828797
>1921

Woah woah woah woah woah, Jack Nicholson was born a decade and a half after that. When the fuck does this movie take place?
>>
>>71828797
He sold his soul for a drink and was absorbed into the hotel.
>>
>>71828797
A long long time ago the Overlook Hotel was actually Hell.
>>
>>71828917
Where did you get this from?
>>
>>71828797
The hotel makes everyone insane, even the viewer
>>
>>71828797
Why didn't King like this movie?
Is the book any good?
>>
>>71829083
He hated it because Jack in the book was a self-insert and wanted the reader to identify with an asshole. The movie was not having any of that shit.
>>
>>71829083

Because the movie adds subtlety and nuance which King lacks.

I like King A LOT, learned english from his books even, but you just can't help but notice how he overexplains and overexpands EVERYTHING when it isn't needed.
>>
>>71829083
Movie was better than his shitty book. Is King the biggest hack in literature?
>>
>>71829083
Not that the book isn't bad but King hated because deep down he knew Kubrick made it better.
Kubrick does a way better job at making you feel like the hotel is a character than King.
>>
>>71828986
HE MADE IT UP U STUPID~
>>
>>71829227
Where did you get this from?
>>
>>71828797

Nicholson is Baphomet
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.