[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is chinatown the logical conclusion to film as an art medium?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: chinatown.jpg (103 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
chinatown.jpg
103 KB, 500x271
is chinatown the logical conclusion to film as an art medium?
>>
>forget it brah, it's chinatown lol

what did he mean by this?
>>
Why would you think that?
>>
>>71826394
its the culmination of every significant domestic and international film movement up to that point in time
>>
>>71826438
It isn't.
Define significant.
>>
>>71826475
has a wikipedia page
>>
>>71826494
Well let's start an easy one. How is Chinatown the culmination of the French New Wave?
>>
>>71826536
>do my homework for me

it's late kid. go to bed, the adults are talking.
>>
>>71826587
You obviously don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>71826382
hahahah that's not the right quote !!!!
>>
>>71826620
>im not getting spoonfed information from you so that means ur dum!!11!

>>>/reddit/

and talk to the hand kid. this is your last (you) that you're getting in the thread barring samefaggotry.
>>
>>71826382
Ran out of time writing the ending
>>
It's good but let's not get carried away
>>
>>71826382
dunno, but I closed VLC and stopped watching after this line. fuck's sake Polanski.
>>
>>71826438
It's a good film, but it's not a very influential one. Do we just assume that film cannot evolve and grow passed that point in time? Imagine if people 50 years from now will unironically say the same thing about Batman v Superman. What a dreadful future that would be.

>>71826536
Exactly. Chinatown has fuck all to do with the french new wave or anything really outside of noir.

Essentially it is a very well made neo-noir, perhaps even the best, but because it simply uses every trope and cliche in the book, there isn't much to it outside being just a very well made neo-noir film.

Culmination? Past films have achieved more, and I'm sure there are still many films to come that will achieve much more.

>>71826813
Agreed. It's good, but probably one of the most overrated films ever made.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.