[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck is this not out on bluray?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Pink Floyd - The Wall.jpg (35 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
Pink Floyd - The Wall.jpg
35 KB, 356x500
how the fuck is this not out on bluray?!
>>
>>71826163
The album or a live performance are better. Now go watch Quadrophenia.
>>
>>71826343

>better

kill yourself
>>
back when they remastered the pink floyd catalog, it was said they were working on a bluray but it never happened

the audio track needs significant remastering work. it's especially noticeable on the surround sound track, you can hear very loud hiss during the songs

i think one of the major reasons it's not on bluray is that the film's rights are split between a lot of groups. sony and warner bros both have pieces of the pie, and i think roger waters has some significant rights to it too

add in that roger waters and david gilmour dislike it (to say the least), and roger's been shilling his pseudo-remake, you can see why nobody wants to touch it

a real shame, pink floyd the wall is pure kino
>>
> roger waters and david gilmour dislike it

unbelievable!!

it's a 10/10 album
>>
film rights are a bitch. gilmour and waters both hate it because, according to them, the director just wanted to party with rock stars and not actually make something meaningful. which is kind of backwards what happened, since this film is actually amazing.
>>
>>71826163
>how the fuck is this not out on bluray?!
why did you have to reddit post?
>>
>>71826753
Not the album, the movie
>>
>>71826368
They not only left out Hey You but also totally botched the vocals for In the Flesh.
>>
>>71826370
>audio track needs significant remastering work. it's especially noticeable on the surround sound track, you can hear very loud hiss during the songs
which is a fucking shame because "What Shall We Do Now?" & its accompanying animation seq is a masterpiece
>>
>>71826860
The animation is the best part. Still the album or live performance are leaps ahead.
>>
>>71826808
Maybe because I got used to the album versions, but I can't stand the movie renditions.
>>
>>71826836
cutting hey you wasn't a bad decision

imho, the song works within the structure of the album but would have basically stopped the movie in its tracks

there's an actual story about how it got cut

roger waters and alan parker, who fought bitterly during the whole nightmarish production of the film, finally sat down to watch the first cut. when it was over, they were shellshocked at how overwhelming and depressing the movie was. they both had the same idea- cut Hey You. it was pretty much the only thing they agreed upon during the entire production
>>
>>71826902
The album versions are better.
FACT
>>
>>71826902

funny, i watched the movie before hearing the album and loved both
>>
>>71826936
The Hey You sequence was simply a montage of previously seen scenes either way.

It bugs me more that a lot of the tracks from the second half were disregarded, but I underatand why.
>>
>>71826990
that's only technically true

the original cut of the film, most of that footage was specifically for Hey You. when it was cut from the movie, they wound up cutting a lot of its footage into the rest of the movie

so if hey you had not been cut, its footage would have not appeared in other locations in the movie.

also, though I miss Show Must Go On, I like the way the truncated versions of Run Like Hell and Waiting for the Worms flow together.

in the dvd commentary, roger waters excitedly waits for the guy that screams "go on judge, shit on him!" in The Trial, only to find that it had been cut from the movie. it was funny

>>71826943
the movie versions work better in the context of a movie. love michael kamen's expanded symphonic arrangements on Mother and Outside the Wall
>>
>>71826368
>self
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.