[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say what you want about The Dark Knight trilogy but the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: joker.jpg (254 KB, 1920x815) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
254 KB, 1920x815
Say what you want about The Dark Knight trilogy but the first two films had amazing dialogue. Expecially Alfred's and Ra's al Ghul's.
>>
Woobies da soize of a tangaween
>>
>>71825526
I thought the joker's dialogue was mostly cringey, like it was written by an edgy teenager who was mad at his mom for taking away his xbox and thinks that's what true anger is.
>>
>>71825526
Good films.
Insult to original lore and comics
>>
>>71825568
FUCK are you talking about?

Heath Ledger didn't win an Oscar for nothing. You can't deliver bad dialogue, ever. The writing is good
>>
>>71826385
You sound like you haven't watched it in a while. Go ahead and do that, and really focus on his dialogue. A lot of it has a "That guy calls me a faggot every day and I want his whole family to die while I watch" flavor to it.
>>
>>71825526
no it isn't, they were literally quips for the fedora audience
>>
how can you write for such a spectrum.
spectrum to facet.
facet to diametric.

fkn hard work.
trilogy was tight an leaves anything elsein it's wake.
would dk before sw or st, any day of the week, it's the full package.
>>
>>71826549
I was 16 once too, but even then I hated these movies.
>>
>>71826474
Well it seems like you are serious and not trying to bait, therefore I will respectfully take your suggestion. Thanks. I will
>>
>>71826303
Who fucking cares about "original lore and comics" when its cheap trash compared to what the people behind the movie were able to turn it into. "Comic book fans" are the fucking worst.
>>
>>71826904
I'm sorry about your shitty opinion.
>>
>>71826971
Shitty opinion?? I'm not the one complaining "not muh comix". People like you are the reason for shitty cape movies. If you want the comics go read the fucking comics.
>>
>>71825568
I doubt you have any actual experience besides your own to base this on.

Even then you were probably trying to emulate the performance.
>>
>>71827188
Or the shitty directors who want to take something and turn it into something completely different could leave it alone if they're not willing to do it justice, and not just cash in on the success of the title.
Comics aren't movies. People want comics to be made into movies so they can see it adapted on film, so they can see it in a way they've never seen it before.
They don't want to go see a movie with the same title as their favorite comic and see that the Joker isn't even the same character anymore and he has the word "damaged" tattooed on his forehead.
>>
>>71825568
No, the Joker's dialogue has become a meme because many teenagers "identify" with his nihilistic point of view, mostly because it sounds cool and edgy. You've been so much on the internet you forgot to watch the movie again and see that what the Joker says is all but a teenage rant. The dude is nuts, but he has his own philosophy.
Case in point, the scene between him and Dent at the hospital. Now, watch it again and tell me it's cringey. He's the Joker, anarchy is what he desires the most. Chaos isn't just a meaningless word, he wants a world without rules. First he tells the mob he wants Batman dead, but then threatens to kill Reese if he revealed Batman's real identity. He wants the mob's money, only to burn it. He wants Batman to break his only rule and wants to turn Dent from the flawless man he is in the mind of Gothamites to a murderous bastard. His goal is to demolish Gotham by stripping it of its rules, whether good (Batman's and Dent's) or bad (the mob). All while playing the card of the insane man with no plan and no connections. He wants people to eat eachother, he fools his minions by making them believe their goal is profit and money.

In recent years he has become a meme, but if you watch the movie again you can see that he's a terrorist and a psychopath, and not in the "cool" kind of way. He's unpredictable and terrifying. He's not the Joker we were used to with Nicholson.
Take the make up away, give him a proper name and he's a terrorist. He isn't an over-the-top villain like the ones we've seen before.
And Ledger's perfomance really gives the vibe of a mentally insane man. He was on drugs all the time to play this role. Heck some say the Joker is the reason why he OD'd.

I find it really sad to see such an awesome and brilliantly written villain being turned into a meme by people who don't understand it and only see the make up and all the crazy stuff he does. He's Batman's nemesis, he's the pit of anarchy whereas Batman is order.
>>
>>71827642
Well said, anon

I feel like critics of Ledger's Joker are reacting to the fans' reactions of the Joker rather than the Joker portrayal itself
>>
>>71827642
My man, you miss out entirely on the point of Joker's character. His one and only goal is to show the world he's "not a monster" by revealing what he perceives as the inner "monster" in the citizens of gotham, thus reducing them to his level and making him seem normal. Batman rejects his ideas, saying the gothamites are inherently good, thus making him as "a freak". Joker's entire motivation is wanting acceptable, you can see multiple times throughout the movie he displays his loneliness both with the way he tries to "befriend" Batman as well as in his mannerisms. I suggest you take your own advice and rewatch the movie with this in mind, when he says to Harvey he doesn't want there to be any hard feelings between them, he really means it. The way he always physically touches and even caresses people, it's a manifestation of his loneliness.
>>
>>71827955
>Joker's entire motivation is wanting to be accepted
Lol no.
The Joker wants people to reveal their true nature. And to do so he must upset the balance, destroy society and introduce anarchy.
He never wanted to "befriend" (??) Batman, he wanted him to break his own rule but when he found out he is truly incorruptible he thought he was good sport, hence the line "We'll be doing this forever" hinting that he will always try to make him break his only rule and embrace anarchy (which he kind of does at the end of the film, where he accidentally kills Dent to save Gordon's son and takes the blame for Two-Face's murders).
>when he says to Harvey he doesn't want there to be any hard feelings between them, he really means it.
Kek you're retarded. His whole speech was meant to antagonize Gordon and his people, and he successfully did it.
>The way he always physically touches and even caresses people, it's a manifestation of his loneliness.
Fuck that I've been baited all along and replied to every single point until the end but now I spend too much time to delete it.
Kek well done anon.
>>
>>71827642
Literally r*ddit
>>
>>71828093
>Fuck that I've been baited all along and replied to every single point until the end but now I spend too much time to delete it.
Next time see the movie before shitposting on /tv/. I can go point by point and show why the Joker was motivated by loneliness and why this is backed up by the comics as well as Nolan telling Ledger to make his laugh slowly turn into crying when he gets captured in the end, but it's clear you're motivated by your ego than trying to analyze the movie, you're a lost cause.
>>
>>71825526
Holy shit fuck no. The dialogue in TDK was something a 14 year old would come up with while trying to sound deep.
>>
>>71828173
t. Chris Cuckmann
>>
>>71827352
Wrong

>>71827642
He talks like an edgy teenager.
>>
>>71828213
>You've been so much on the internet you forgot to watch the movie again and see that what the Joker says is all but a teenage rant.
Before the Joker became a meme you would have never thought of that.
>>
>>71828268
I have never been a fan of his dialogue. I always thought there was something cringeworthy about it but didn't know what exactly to call it the whole time.
>>
>>71825568
"Everyone who is a nihilist is le angsty teenager"

Not even a nihilist but you're retarded
>>
>>71825526
i will say what i want. i was all utter fucking trash except for Ledger's joker
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.