[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one did you relate to the most?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
Which one did you relate to the most?
>>
>>71820758
The peculiar one.
>>
>>71820758
me on the left
>>
>>71820758
Chief.
>>
>>71820758
Ratchet. I can't understand how she's one of the great villains in the history of fiction, these guys can't function in normal society and Jack Nicholson's just agitating them.
>>
Martini.
>>
>>71820758
This was my favorite house episode desu
>>
>>71821181
Probably the thing with Billy. Everything up to then was hardass, but not villainous.
>>
>>71821181

Because Nurse ratchet is punishing the group instead of the individual. There is a lot of negative reinforcement as well as big headedness. Ratchet knows full well that Jack's character is playing the system, but instead of letting the natural order occur she wants to punish him. She wants to be the one personally administering the punishment and making the judgement. Despite the fact that she's a god damn nurse, not a judge nor jury. This is her little piece of power and she is going to use it by god.

Nurse ratchet's malpractice is that she gets off on the subjugation of others, kinda like how serial killers enjoy the control they have over their kill, it's empowerment.

Take a good look, this is modern feminism.
>>
>>71821468
Yeah, what she did to Billy was just straight up callous and evil, even if she wasn't fully aware of what she was doing.
>>
>>71821509
Yeah, it's that her motive is having power over unfortunate people, rather than helping them.

It's a more realistic and less mustache twirly villain.
>>
>>71821509
Yep. If you take a look at the chick sitting next to Ratchet, that's a nurse.

She, on the other hand, really is just a petty tyrant and borderline sociopath.
>>
File: wait what.gif (434 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
wait what.gif
434 KB, 200x198
Christopher Lloyd, obviously
>>
>>71821585
>>71821514
>>71821468

And she could have let this whole thing slide over, the recent outings were an indicator that Randle was sane and just goofing off. But Randle had pulled one over on Ratchet and she wanted revenge. She wanted to deconstruct him and wade over him like she had the mentally deficient members of the hospital.

The biggest victory Randle had over Ratched was the fact he actually helped Billy. Where Ratched had done the complete opposite, instead reinforcing the cruel woman aspect in Billys mind.

This was not only a victory for Randle, but her humiliation. Which is why Ratched went for the throat by threatening Billy with his mother, whom controlled him much of his life and had him condemned.
>>
>>71821468
I think that if she didn't reassert dominance over Billy and the rest of the group immediately she ran the risk of losing them completely so I can understand what she did. I don't see it as villainous. It's her job to keep them from tearing each other apart, and what they did wasn't a bit of fun outdoorsy activity time, they fucked up the hospital and brought in whores. What else is she meant to do?

>>71821509
This post is so absurd that if I didn't know better I'd swear it was satire. Get that fucking chip off your shoulder before you go making an ass out of yourself in public.

>punishing the group instead of the individual
are you saying this because you like the sound of it or do you think she actually does?
>negative reinforcement as well as big headedness
explain specifically what you mean by this
>letting the natural order occur she wants to punish him
What?
>She wants to be the one personally administering the punishment and making the judgement
Where are you drawing all of this from?
>gets off on the subjugation of others, kinda like how serial killers enjoy the control they have over their kill, it's empowerment
I think the rest is kind of up in the air but this is straight up projection.
>take a good look, this is modern feminism
*tips euphoria and salutes framed photo of Milo Yanoopopulis*

>>71821585
How is her motivation 'power over unfortunate people?' She has authority because that's her job and she never exercises power in an arbitrary way. Even the tv thing I can understand. If you give an asshole like Jack Nicholson's character an inch he'll take more than a mile for sure.

>>71821661
If they both took a light approach to the job how would they maintain any semblance of order? Ratchet has to play the bad cop so that the other nurse doesn't have a riot on her hands every other day.

This movie makes me think I must be insane.
>>
literally me
>>
>>71821843
Didn't he die in a car crash earlier this year? He's aged remarkably well.
>>
File: finnish girl.jpg (312 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
finnish girl.jpg
312 KB, 1280x960
>>71821798
>whom
>>
>>71821831

Example, Ratched takes away cigarettes when in reality Randle had been cheating them in cards. By taking away their little luxuries, it was an attempt at drawing them against randle.

>What?

Nurse Ratched was called in after monitoring Randle on whether or not he was sane. It was clear Randle was sane, but Nurse Ratched would not allow him to be taken to Prison, she wanted to punish and administer it personally to Randle.

This post is so absurd that if I didn't know better I'd swear it was satire. Get that fucking chip off your shoulder before you go making an ass out of yourself in public. After all, the world isn't fucking reddit and its not my job to spoon feed you.

Lurk moar.
>>
>>71821831
Most of the patients were there voluntarily, right? I feel like that's the thing that made what she did shitty. If she was a prison warden, sure, but a caretaker?
>>
>>71821896

jack nicholson's character, Randle.

This is one of my favorite movies and /tv/ just wants to shitpost...
>>
>>71821948

Yeah, everyone was there voluntarily, but Ratched had beaten them down mentally so bad they were prisoners. Randle was the only real person trapped there and only because he had tricked the justice system. And the fact Ratched desperately wanted to break him down.
>>
File: lRmMXBJI.jpg (84 KB, 1204x1204) Image search: [Google]
lRmMXBJI.jpg
84 KB, 1204x1204
desu
>>
>>71821887
Brad Dourif is still alive and working, anon.
>>
Frank Reynolds
>>
>>71822025

>" I want my cigarettes nurse ratched, I want them now! "

What did he mean by this?
>>
what MOVIE IS THIS
>>
>>71822177
One Flew Over the Cuckold's Nest
>>
>>71822188
THANKS m8
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.