[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: chimpsandchess.jpg (43 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
chimpsandchess.jpg
43 KB, 350x263
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
>>71817957
Fuck off troll
The Wire has legitimately made my cry while watching it before. It is a powerful and moving story.
>>
>>71817957
your a real butthurt little faggot eh?
>>
>>71817957
The Wire tries to humanize violent nog behavior.
>>
>>71818004
>>71818092
>>71818102

>2016
>people still fall for this pasta that's at least 2 years old

God damn. Still though:
>I was blown away!"

Gets me every time.
>>
>>71817957
it's so deep
really makes you think
>>
>>71818102
nah more like the redditor audience needed it to relate to street niggas doing street nigga shit
>>
>>71817957
Haven't seen this pasta in a while. Really makes me think what other pasta has been forgotten with time.
>>
>>71818295
>>71818161
The thing is The Wire IS the best tv show ever made.
It deserves the praise it gets and you are some 12 year old kid trying to be a contrarian old fag.
Fuck off and stick to looking at your friends cocks in gym class
>>
>>71818092
*you're
>>
>>71818004
Same dude Mike and Dukie for life
>>
>>71818346
The Wire isn't worthy of even being mentioned in comparison to The Sopranos.
>>
>>71818443
Maybe in the eyes of some validation craving Jersey Shore faggot like yourself.

Stick to enjoying hair product.
>>
The Wire was a great show, but it is greatly overrated simply because of the nigger aspect.

Pussy white hipsters in the suburbs think they are watching an accurate portrayal of life as a nigger so they say they like it.
>>
>Greatest TV show ever
>a TV show with a character as ridiculously bad as Brother Mouzone

pick one wirefags
>>
>>71818537
>paulie walnuts
>>
>>71818537
How was Brother Mouzone bad?
>>
>>71818652
The fact that you have to ask says it all.
>>
>>71818573
>bitter wire pussy detected

bet you wish you could downvote this
>>
>>71818939
Brother Mouzone was a great character a character that rose above the ghetto and bettered himself
>>
>>71818975
Sopranos is for children like AJ
The Wire is for adults

/thread
>>
>>71818161
its older than that. It was originally posted to IMDB. And it wasn't being sarcastic there.

The only reason people think its sarcastic/trolling is because its being posted on 4chan.
>>
>>71818979
Brother Mouzone was a preposterous joke that had no basis in reality. His entire story would never happen in the real world. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never spent any time in a nigger neighborhood.
>>
>>71818939
Feel free to elaborate
>>
>>71819097
Brother was representing the type of figures who's reputation spoke louder than any of their actions. Same as omar.
>>
>>71819097
>t. Expert
>>
>>71819074
Source?
I've tried googling bit of it in quotes and the only results I get are from 4chan archives and reddit
>>
>>71819008
>nu nu uh yo you are stupid baby!!!!

wire pleb to the core.
>>
>>71819228
it used to come up. thanks internet for getting worse every day
>>
>>71819343
Contributing to your own defeat I see
>>
>>71819228
It was never on IMDB. I'm actually the guy who originally wrote the pasta in the summer of 2013. It was posted on /tv/ originally.

Its weird to see it pop up again every now and then when I check /tv/.
>>
>>71819680
What when you were 10 years old?
Fuck off you didn't do shit kid, just made yourself look like the type of faggot that gets horny over old Italian fat men
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.