[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: ConjuringNun_Feat.jpg (43 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
ConjuringNun_Feat.jpg
43 KB, 500x333
What did you think of it?
>>
Shameless self-bump
>>
Plot was sorta messy, but it was fun to watch. I liked it about as much as the first one and a lot more than the Anabelle spin-off.
>>
Saw it in theaters on singles night. It was quite good, not as good as the first but still one of the better horror movies
>>
File: Scariest movie of the year.webm (788 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Scariest movie of the year.webm
788 KB, 720x404
>>71816439
>>
>>71816701
pretty good makeup
>>
>>71816701
3spooky5me
>>
>>71816439
I liked it.
>>
>>71816439
Best horror movie.
>>
>>71816439
pretty awful. couldn't get into it.
>>
The painting on the wall scene was well done
>>
what movie is this! sorry im a dummy
>>
Painting scene was very spook.

Outside of that, I got a feeling that I don't normally get from a lot of horror films. Impending jumpscares that were actually off-time and they wouldn't pop when I expected them to. It gave me a really uneasy feeling, kind of like going slowly up to the top of the rollercoaster, and then having the rollercoaster stop/stall out before the actual drop. Very different and enjoyable. Plot was pretty all over the place though.
>>
File: IMG_3521.jpg (96 KB, 654x639) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3521.jpg
96 KB, 654x639
Good stuff, Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga were great as they usually are. It surprisingly had tons of heart. Did anyone else pre-emptively cringe when Wilson pulled out the guitar?

>mfw when that scene was actually touching
>>
I wanted that sexy guitar solo to be included and I don't care if none of you know what I'm talking about
>>
it seemed like a weird romcom at times. no where near as good as the first one.

i dunno why but all the bong accents made things less scary. the actors sucked.
>>
>>71819102
Yea I thought that scene was going to be cringey but it was well done and tied in nicely with the end of the movie. Weird that someone else felt the exact same way.
>>
>>71816439
Went to see it with my brothers (we all share the same film interests) opening weekend.

Very good movie, comfy kind of frightening.

>the television scene
>"MY HOUSE"
Made me jump.
>>
>>71816439
It's getting cold, isn't it...
>>
>>71816439
Overall I liked it a lot. Definitely one of the better horror sequels in a long time- not that that's saying much.

Overall a bit long- could've lost a few scenes... But the stuf that worked REALLY worked. Two scenes in particular were worth the price of admission alone.

>painting scene
Something about the nun just fucking showing up in their house in broad daylight was scary as fuck. I got chills when the painting started to look real. Then when she flipped the light on and off and it looked normal again. Legit spooky.

>TV scene
Another dope scare in broad fucking daylight. I think this will go down as one of the best scares ever. Wan proved here that he has this shit down to a science. Perfect buildup and perfect commanding of our attention. Drew us to that chair and then BOOM he's over her shoulder. Perfect scene.
>>
>>71816498
self bumping doesnt work you homo
>>
>>71816439
Didn't like it as much as the first one. Still good though
>>
>>71819503
go to bed hiro
>>
>>71816625
Speaking of the anabelle spinoff, they're doing the same thing with the nun from this movie. Also, why was there a demon nun?
>>
>>71819507
oh yeah, that shot of the Nun just standing in the hallway was pure kino. I hear she's getting a spin off film like Annabelle did.

I thought it was kind of dumb, though, how they pretty much catch the kid faking it. Then they follow it up with a scene saying "we don't have any conclusive evidence any of this is real," but then during the end credits they play the "real" tapes.

You sort of debunked your own true story. The whole "the ghost told me to fake it so you'd go away" seems awfully contrived.
>>
I thought it got too over the top at the end, but I have that problem with most horror movies. Painting Scene was A+++ though, one of the best horror scenes in recent memory.

Nun design was good but I kind of wish it never went full demonic. It was creepiest in the hallway when it looked like a really messed up nun.
>>
>>71820393
Yeah that's fair. I think the plot could've been simplified a bit - especially in that area. OMG has this all been fake?!?!? Was way too much of an asspull that late in the game.

I have that proplem with a lot of modern Hollywood movies- the plots are a bit too crammed- they could simplify the story and let individual scenes play out longer.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.