[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was J.J. Abrams' Star Trek better than J.J. Abrams'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Starshit.jpg (98 KB, 1100x805) Image search: [Google]
Starshit.jpg
98 KB, 1100x805
Why was J.J. Abrams' Star Trek better than J.J. Abrams' Star Wars?
>>
Because he didn't care enough about Trek to put serious thought into it
>>
>>71816277

Jew Wars actually had a decent script and wasn't complete overloaded with lens flares. It's also way more emotionally resonant without doing easy manipulative shit like killing the mother of one of the two main characters.
>>
It was made as a film first, not an agenda.
>>
>>71816277

It wasn't? I mean, the first one wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, either. Just a fun space romp that gave a bit of a shot in the arm to a flagging franchise that they didn't capitalize on. The second was an absolute disaster and I honestly can't comprehend how critics gave it strong reviews, it was just a load of pretty nonsense thrown at the screen for two hours. TFA, on the other hand, was pretty much everything Star Wars needed to return to the big screen for a new generation, and was far more coherent and entertaining than anything George Lucas had put out since 1983.
>>
lens flare
>>
That's like comparing manure to horse shit.
>>
>>71816329
This.

His take on Star Trek was able to stand by its own merits as a popcorn action film.

Star Wars however was just slavishly devoted to keep in the fans happy
>>
>>71816413

Yeah they just killed a father instead...
>>
>>71816715
OMFG you just saw reviews of the first Trek. Isn't it :D

I love this plebs wandering in thinking they can swing to hit.
>>
Star Trek is one of the biggest and oldest sci-fi franchises.

Star Wars is like a mini series compared to it.
>>
>>71816277
J.J took one of the most original franchise and turned it into cliché shit.
>>
>>71816277
Yes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.