[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think about Louis Theroux? What's your favourite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: etsubatsu.jpg (152 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
etsubatsu.jpg
152 KB, 620x387
What does /tv/ think about Louis Theroux?
What's your favourite documentary of him?
>>
>>71815766
I've heard of Theroux on /tv/ before and he seems based. What's the best docco of his that I should watch first?
>>
I just watched the Alcoholics in London. Very good.
>>
>>71815785
literally any of them, if i had to choose one, his original westboro baptist church or neo nazi one
>>
>>71815785
I just started watching his stuff yesterday so I can't say
>>71815802
I agree, it was interesting. Did the nigress die after all?
>>71815814
thank you
>>
>>71815785
>the one about autists
>the one about alcoholics
>the one about westboro baptist church
Those are my top 3.
>>
>>71815842
>I agree, it was interesting. Did the nigress die after all?
I don't know. She drank Cider? I can't stand cider but she even said something a long the lines of she doesn't taste the alcohol anymore. But it is surprising to realize these individuals know they are in a hopeless situation. I think a lot of people fall off the wagon a few times before they stay on.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taUqt_E0aOs
>>
>>71815921
Yeah, I was surprised that the guy who I thought was the most stable (the single guy) had the worst relapse of them all
>>71815922
kek

Also, how do you guys watch his stuff? On youtube? Because most torrents seem to be dead,
>>
>>71815766
>>71815785
I like the one where he goes to jail, mostly because of how stupid most people in there are

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3njs5v_louis-theroux-miami-mega-jail-ep01_tv

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3njs4k_louis-theroux-miami-mega-jail-ep02_tv
>>
>>71815785
law and disorder in johannesburg is one of the best I've seen

though his old series weird weekends is top top quality, the one where he lives at a brothel in the states and befriends one of the whores is 10/10

the american neo-nazi one is also really good
>>
>>71815785
The one about 4chan
>>
File: louis theroux.jpg (542 KB, 1875x1022) Image search: [Google]
louis theroux.jpg
542 KB, 1875x1022
>>71816485
>>
File: 1466062130750.jpg (266 KB, 602x613) Image search: [Google]
1466062130750.jpg
266 KB, 602x613
Documentary filmmaker Louis Theroux returned to the BBC earlier this year with a heart-breaking look at alcohol addiction in South London.

Titled Drinking to Oblivion, the film saw Theroux follow a series of recovering addicts who had found themselves in King’s College Hospital due to their continuing alcohol consumption.

One of those was 32 year-old Joe Walker, who battled with drink after missing out on a job and breaking up with his partner.

While he was cleaned up by the hospital and detoxed, Walker relapsed not long after, and found himself back at the hospital.
>>
>>71816620
wtf is wrong with louis's teeth. theyre fucking gold
>>
>>71816536
A real classic. I hope the anon who made this (or made a comment inside) sees my appreciation
>>
>>71816620
>tfw even if you're a french jew you can't escape brit teeth
>>
File: 1381787189133.jpg (113 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1381787189133.jpg
113 KB, 680x680
>>71816620
>>
>>71816620
>One of those was 32 year-old Joe Walker, who battled with drink after missing out on a job and breaking up with his partner.
Oh !~ Was he gay?
>>
>>71815785
Weird Weekends. His later material is all top tier, but if you don't start with Weird Weekends, honestly I feel sorry for you.

It is the greatest mix of comfy and weirdness ever to be put on film.
>>
>>71816485
>My time with anon had come to an end. During out time together, I had learned about his general cynicism and misanthropy but also his irreverent, self-deprecating style of humor and his ability to show compassion toward those who shared his "feels". What had started as a journey into the "dark side of the internet" had become a poignant investigation into the lives of wayward young men. With no community to fall back on and plenty of free time to spend online, they had forged an alliance not out of common interests but a common sense of displacement. Although they have been attacked in the media as Nazis, perverts and nihilists, the picture I was presented with was one of loneliness and desperation. I finally realised that the "Internet Hate Machine" hates nothing more than itself.
>>
>>71816674
its just the light or something with the photo, they're not like that in the documentaries

>>71816921
it was a girlfriend, that's gender neutral anon
>>
I'm almost through all of his stuff by now, it's incredibly addicting specially when you need to kill time because someone's in the house
>>
Just watched the baptist church documentary, good shit
The pastor made me rage though, what a fucking idiot
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.