[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 Cloverfield Lane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Watched it because all the Winstead threads made me interested and it was fucking amazing.
>>
File: mew_simulator.webm (1 MB, 1334x1000) Image search: [Google]
mew_simulator.webm
1 MB, 1334x1000
wh y does she wear contacts?
is she insecure of her big brown beautiful eyes?

I'm a fan of alliteration btw
>>
started to watch this without expections and backstory and i loved it, especially towards the end.
>>
>>71814082
I knew nothing about Cloverfield either.
I have no idea why people are upset at the ending. That shit really ramped it up, even after the previous ramping up.

>>71814071
>filename
Keks.
>>
>>71814940
Last month.
>>
So did Howard intentionally crash into her car or was it really an accident like he said it was?
>>
>>71815869
on purpose. his car was there at the gas station i believe.
>>
When she stands up on the car and you see a glimpse of the alien looking spaceship. Up until that very second it could all have been an elaborate ruse and no invasion could have taken place, but the big reveal comes so subtly and nonchalantly, I don't know if it was intended to be like this but it was the most powerful and best moment of any film I've seen all year.
>>
>>71815978
was the woman headbutting a door to death supposed to be part of the elaborate ruse?
>>
>>71815913

Right, can we pinpoint in the movie when the alien invasion started? I'm guessing when they heard the banging up above. There's no way it could've begun before Howard took Michelle into the shelter.
>>
>>71816097
You know pyscho pete could have illustrated it to happen to convince her it was real. I know it's far fetched but when she takes off the mask and can breathe it hits you with a ray of hope but then that shatters when you catch a glimpse of the alien craft.
>>
>>71816188
I was convinced something was going on outside when the woman suicided by door.
>>
>>71816297
Yeah same of course, I was convinced by the younger guy saying he saw a flash and biblical end of days shit. I'm just saying her taking off the mask throws you off and makes you question whether it's real or not, it definitely did for me. I was just hoping my waifu was free and safe at last.
>>
>>71816161
When michelle was fleeing you can here something in the radio moments before the crash
>>
>>71817064
hear
>>71816097
the woman says something 'it was barely touch her'. Talking about the gas for sure.
>>
>>71814033
>expected Cloverfield 2
>got Signs 2

Anybody else?
>>
>>71817130
is signs good?
>>
I like how she is good at fashion. I like how the guy who is ready for the apocalypse doesn't have gas masks lying around. I like how she brought that whisky there. I like how she found bloody writing telling her to be wary.
>>
I totally saw the other dudes death coming, right from the intense dinner table breakdown scene, but for a claustrophobic movie setting it did keep me hooked, I think it was a bit corny, the whole alien invasion, but it being a sequel to a movie that's quite literally an alien Godzilla type deal I sort of expected it, if it didn't have clover field in the title, I would have been dissapointed, as I think it would have been much better as a psychological thriller that culminated in actual freedom rather than MEW SWEETHEART driving off towards the action.

Also you can see the massive alien craft right at the end, it's illuminated by lightning as it pans out.
>>
>>71814190
>I have no idea why people are upset at the ending.

It just came out of fucking nowhere. The uncertainty was so much better.

I still loved the movie though.
>>
>>71817135

Much like 10 Cloverfield Lane, it's fantastic up until the reveal. I like Signs, but it's by no means a perfect movie.

And we're on /tv/, so because the movie has identifiable flaws, it's complete and utter shit that no one has ever liked.

>Insert 'faggot' into the above as necessary.
>>
>>71814033
this flick was fucking horrible. not a single bit of substance to it.
>>
>>71817455
Thanks, i'm gonna give it a chance.
>>
>>71817135
Much more upfront about the aliens. Great performances all around. Not everybody liked the deus ex machina, but it was pretty obviously a War of the Worlds reference, and I didn't have any strong feelings about it. Didn't even know it was hated until I saw the feedback from others.
>>
I found this movie incredibly boring. It would have been more interesting if we never found out I there was an invasion and they had dealt with the psychological stress of being cooped up with a murderer. But that would have taken more effort.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.