[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Narcos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 1280x1897) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 1280x1897
Pablo Escobar's brother is demanding $1 bil for the airing of season 2.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/07/drug-kingpin-netflix/

Just a reminder, Narcos is a 9/10 classic show.
>>
loved season 1

but they rushed everything. they'll have to drag out the remainder of the real events just to barely complete a 2nd season.
>>
OP is wrong. Narcos is 10/10
>>
>>71812726

Pretty decent show desu. The first two episodes all the made up stuff about the white guy is atrocious and cringey. After that his stories get a little better. No idea why they thought they would need to make viewers comfortable in that manner. Everyone knows about drugs and pablo escobar.
>>
the show is for his dead brother,not for this clown
>>
>Narcos is a 9/10 classic show
The narration alone drags it down to a 7

>If you dont know about Pablo Escobar let me explain it to you like you are a retard. Pablo was a bad man, a really bad man. And us cops, yea, we were the good guys.
>>
>>71812726
How is Narcos classic? Its mediocre at best, and awfully directed at worst.

> Characters come and go
> Dull voiceovers
> Show does not reveal its stakes or ambitions; its unpredictable in a negative manner, filled with illogical cuts and jumps and too convinient plot developements
> The show lacks characters beyond Pablo
>>
Would've been better without faggot stever and faggot narration.

I don't even mind narration as its a semi true story. It could easily be used to fill events that aren't that exciting or television worthy which is sometimes what they use it for. Othertimes they forget this and have to remind us Steve is cool copo and we shouldn't be rooting for Pablo like we are.
>>
>>71814169
I didn't mind cool copo. Lot of story to fill us in on.
>>
>>71814046
i read that in his voice
>>
Narcos is not good.

Really heavy handed performances even for Colombian characters and especially for such Ines they don't bother fleshing out much.

Instead of investing in actually shooting shit, they have some asshole tell us what happened. It's like watching a "last time in so and so" old school recap that comes at the beginning of a TV show three to five times an episode.
>>
>>71814046
Topkek. Still, didn't ruin much.
>>
>>71812829
yeap, the pace was too fast. not that i didn't like that.
>>
Luis Gusman's scene with the helicopter and bazooka was so awesome. I'm watching it now.
>>
>gonna dedicate a whole season to Escobar's last year alive

fucked up so bad, why didn't they do some subplots concerning all the people that were tied to Escobar, like how fucking crazy early 80s Miami was
>>
>>71814862
Budget.
>>
Narcos is a 6/10 series. It's fine, but not worth any acclaim
>>
>>71815068
Bullshit.
>>
Is it true that the guy who plays Escobar can't even speak spanish
>>
>>71815818
Yep. Moura is from Brazil.
>>
>>71814133
It has its flaws sure but you can't say it's bad. It's incredibly addictive very well made and everyone who watches it enjoys it. Yes it's got a VERY black and white view of the drug war and the all American good guy with access to the highest levels of Colombian government is ridiculous but so what. It's entertainment, if you want authenticity read books. This is netflix
>>
Couldn't finish season 1. Boring shit, no characters and poor pacing. The American VO is horrible.
>>
>tries to take this to court
>gets thrown out and judge laughs his ass off
Top kek
>>
>>71815980
Agree to disagree. I love a good crime series. It's a beautiful show.
>>
As always, the book was better
>>
>>71812726
Really bad show
>netflix series

4/10
>>
>>71815980
>The American VO is horrible.

I've read some commentary about the Murphy narration that suggests its overbearing heavy-handedness is very intentional, as it represents the constant push of America to define the narrative as it sees fit, regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.