[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"My Father believed that if the world found out who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
>"My Father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me"

Is this meta commentary from Snyder himself about his deconstruction of Superman?
>>
>>71812505
they openly said that MoS and BvS were deconstructed Superheroes, and it was blatantly obvious, which is why i don't get why it triggers sperglords
>>
Snyder unfortunately did have the world reject him
>>
>>71812540
Because its not actually deconstruction, probably.
>>
File: 1466543980107.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1466543980107.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>71812810
>probably
>>
>>71812505
Yep.

Snyder understands the core of who these superheroes really are, and how they would act if they existed in the modern world, which triggers nu-males looking for power fantasies.
>>
>>71812505

Thats another of his Jesus analogies.

> He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

> He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
>>
>>71813173

>she's a bad Elsa they said
>she'll suck they said
>should've gotten that one girl from that photo they said

/tv/ BTFO
>>
>>71812540
If we want Deconstruction, we have watchmen or Kick Ass or The Incredibles.

If we want a new Superman film about Superman, we're shit out of luck.
>>
>>71812505

Doing a shit job is different than doing a deconstruction.
>>
>>71812505
Yes.
Dialogue in Snyder films is always layered.
>>
>>71813440
>Kick Ass
fucking awful
>>
File: 1463387723871.jpg (1 MB, 1671x3879) Image search: [Google]
1463387723871.jpg
1 MB, 1671x3879
Fanboys want Superman to be a boy scout Gary Stu, and Snyder gives them the man inside the suit, his internal conflicts and doubts are projected onto the real world (Superman's film world as well as ours).
Judging by the public's reactions I'd agree with you, OP.
>>
>>71813386
honest to god I hated Frozen, thought it was overrated. I loved that season because of how great they were
>>
Jonathan Kent knew that Superman had to reveal himself when he was ready to face the people's rejection.

Clark proves that he's finally ready during the events of BvS.

Beautiful.
The masses of fanboys will be appeased during JL but they'll fail to appreciate the subtleties of Superman's character arc and think that DC panicked and forced Snyder to get rid of the Superman struggling with his place in the world.
>>
>>71812540
i'd welcome a deconstruction of batman or superman. this was a deconstruction of two characters snyder made up and dressed in superman and batman costumes.
>>
File: 14316643277322.jpg (476 KB, 1527x1367) Image search: [Google]
14316643277322.jpg
476 KB, 1527x1367
>>71814218
>>
>>71813835
It was demonstrated that fanboys are cancer when they'd rather indulge their power fantasy with a boy scout Superman than to enjoy a profound, meaningful story relevant to contemporary society.
>>
>>71814238
>this guy doesn't read comics
>>
>>71813440
>this guy doesn't think this was a good Superman
go read some comics man, deconstructing and reconstructing heroes is common in them.
>>
>>71812505
>"This symbol means something."
>"It did on my world, but my world doesn't exist anymore."

>"This paper stands for something."
>"And so could you if it was 1938."
>>
>>71814467
this
>>
>People unironically having serious discussions about capeshit

This board was a mistake
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.