[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>who talks first? I talk first? you talk first? holy fuck,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 214x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 214x144
>who talks first? I talk first? you talk first?

holy fuck, the memes were true. fucking quipshit has destroyed everything that is good. dropped harder than anything I've ever dropped
>>
I talk first. I always talk first.
>>
>>71808129
>who quips first? I quip first? you quip first?
>>
>han solo is EPIC

>b-but dis movie bad c-cuz quips

>h-han solo d-doesn't count

fucking lmao
>>
>>71808139
He was killed by a shadow. A shadow, wearing the face of stannis baratheon
>>
>>71808129
>not embracing quipkino
pleb
>>
Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
>>71808129
>jj abrams fucks up another movie
>everyone is surprised
how many times does this have to happen

I was pissed after the star trek reboot. that was 7 years ago.
>>
File: FRONTPAGE_92[1].jpg (39 KB, 365x212) Image search: [Google]
FRONTPAGE_92[1].jpg
39 KB, 365x212
good scene to reduce the tension from the opening scenes for the intended viewing audience of 7-10 year olds.
>>
That line was fine.

Out of all the many things that you could choose that were wrong with EP VII to bitch about, you pick that line? What a retard.
>>
>>71808129
Thank god someone else is complaining about this. This was a very early indicator that something was wrong with the movie to me. It immediately hit me with that "Marvel" feeling.

>>71808168
Han Solo doesn't do joking quips in front of Darth Vader. In fact, the only time he has any freedom of action at all, he tries to shoot him immediately.
>>
File: 1420222361278[1].gif (3 MB, 362x430) Image search: [Google]
1420222361278[1].gif
3 MB, 362x430
>>71808129

Always be the first one to talk
>>
>>71808210

Nah nigga, Star Trek 2009 was good. Into Darkness sucked, but the first movie was solid.
>>
>>71808236
>Han Solo doesn't do joking quips in front of Darth Vader
>"I love you"
>"I know"
>Vader standing right there
>>
>>71808236
>Han Solo doesn't do joking quips in front of Darth Vader

Kylo Ren isn't Darth Vader.
>>
>>71808236
>boring conversation anyway

Oh but Vader wasn't there so it's massively different in all kinds of ways for reasons literally too obvious to articulate.
>>
>>71808261
>lets blow up romulus
>fuck any sort of actual plot development carried over from the actual star trek universe

>there's two spocks now
literally and painfully this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmRHy3cu31M

>kirk is edgy now because his father died
>spock is edgy now for no reason
>everyone is edgy, it has to be really edgy so we get the younger demographic

>action scenes look nothing like the original series
>actual tension replaced with lasers and knowing the ship isn't in any sort of actual danger
>ship's weapons look nothing like the actual enterprise's weapons, we need lots of individual explosions to stimulate our dumb audience members

>entire movie is about a character that has no lore basis
>some random romulan mining ship that looks nothing like any romulan ship ever shown on screen

should I go on?
>>
>>71808236
>people shouldn't make quips around Darth Vader's Hot Topic fanboy because people were too scared to make quips around the real Darth Vader

Good argument there, faggot.
>>
>>71808281
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
>>
>>71808398
>should I go on?

No, you've said enough dumb shit today. Go outside and play.
>>
>>71808542
either you didn't read any of what you replied to or you have never seen any sci fi made before 1990

either way you're an idiot for replying with that
>>
>>71808281

that's not a quip you idiot
>>
File: clap brooker.gif (402 KB, 266x266) Image search: [Google]
clap brooker.gif
402 KB, 266x266
>>71808129
/tv/, back in its shitposty autistic retarded form. Brava lads, you are all cancer and this board is officially worse than /b/
>>
>Rey
>Fin
>Poe
>Maz
>Ren

why does everyone in Force Awakens have 3 letter names?
>>
>>71808253
>ONE TWO

what did the numbers mean?
>>
>>71808236
Vader also wasn't an emo faggot that got destroyed by a grill.
>>
>>71810721
>wasn't an emo faggot

Have you seen the prequels?
>>
>>71808168
Han Solo was established as a character by the time he dropped a few one liners. He was a charming rogue and all that shit, and it was part of his character. Poe had barely said three lines and had just watched that old dude get killed before he entered quip mode.

It's fine to have quips in the movie, but at least for me, that really killed that moment and set the tone that every character was going to be making jokes at the most inappropriate times.
>>
>>71808253

Did Nolan know that this whole scene was going to be memekino?
>>
>>71810590

Finn is 4 letters

>>71808129

Is there ever gonna be a time where /tv/ comes up with something original to say? I've seen far too many threads with these exact complaints, buzzwords and all
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.