[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst film adaptation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Tauriel_Taking_Aim.jpg (3 MB, 3000x4500) Image search: [Google]
Tauriel_Taking_Aim.jpg
3 MB, 3000x4500
i.e. quality of the film is substantially lower than quality of the original?
Hardmode: No Hobbit
>>
Frankenstein (1931).

Instead of Frankensteins monster being essentially a person with existential thoughts and his own personality, he's now Lemmy from Of Mice and Men.

Even worse, it's now completly skewed the popular view of Frankensteins monster to now be a lumbering retard.
>>
>>71800550
I'm still crying about lotr future remake
>>
I am Legend
World War Z
>>
>>71800550

War of the Worlds.

Spielburger Tom Cruised the shit out of it.

its a classic tale in 19th Century Victorian England for fucks sake.
>>
>>71801711
what? source?
>>
>I Robot

it used the book title and 0% of the actual book. Isaac Asimov was literally bent over and raped to death by Will Smiths 12 inch black dingus. I have NEVER been more mad about a movie adaptation.
>>
>>71801339
>Frankenstein (1931).
Really? Because I kind of liked it more than the book. In the book:
>Frankenstein was whiny
>The Creature was whiny
>Frankenstein had a hard-on for his homeland
Bride of Frankenstein was better though, it brought in some of the Creature's speech (in an arguably more realistic manner than "Oh look he's a genius who taught himself) and followed through with the creation of a mate for him (not that it went very well).

I'm not sure what the worst film adaptation is, but it's probably a video game adaptation. Don't have many images for that though, so fuck it, Raimi's Spider-Man.
>>
>>71802085
It wasn't really an adaptation, either. It was an original screenplay with the title tacked on later.

Which is a shame, it could probably have held up on its own merit. Maybe without the Vintage Converse plug though...
>>
>>71802085
oh yes. Movie wasn't so bad, but as adaptation was absolutely atrocious. Asimov came up with three laws specially because he didn't want to write yet another dumb robot apocalypse.

Bicentennial Man is another example of awful adaptation. Poor Asimov don't deserve this.
>>
>>71802143
> Frankenstein was whiny
> the creature was whiny

t. pleb
>>
I nominate I Am Legend (2007).
>>
>>71804503
Catch 22
directed by mike nichols, stars alan arkin. yet its pretty much shit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065528/

anybody got recommendations for books to read that the films screwed up or are *unfilmable*?
>>
>>71804836

>anybody got recommendations for books to read that the films screwed up or are *unfilmable*?

Book of the New Sun.

Enjoy.
>>
>>71804861
Book of the New Sun
sounds cool, is the whole series good?
>>
>>71802198
>>71802085
>original screenplay
>0% of the actual book

Little lost robot
>>
>>71804935

Absolutely.

Keep in mind, the author enjoys using archaic terms, so you might want to look for Lexicon Urthus as a supplemental book.
>>
will she ever do any movies?
>>
Earthsea
It is really fascinating to see how they removed every interesting thing from original novels just to create the most dumb generic fantasy.
>>
Eragon. Book was already shit but the movie was a whole new level. At least hobbit was entertaining and had some good acting/cgi
>>
>>71802075
Eventually, it will happen for sure.
>>
>>71802075
Thats how Hollywood rolls. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>71805940
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.