[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this? I recently finished the novel, absolutely adored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Moby_dick434.jpg (103 KB, 493x755) Image search: [Google]
Moby_dick434.jpg
103 KB, 493x755
How is this? I recently finished the novel, absolutely adored it. It doesn't surprise a film was made, considering the book's richness of its source.

Also good film adaptions of classic books in general I guess, I've been interested in trying Call of the Wild.
>>
>>71795561
There was that really recent chris hemsworth movie too
>>
It's fantastic, captures the spectacle described in the book very well, but leaves out some of the deeper discussions left in the text.

Gregory Peck was a great Ahab
>>
>>71795561
My sister was in a book club , mostly females b/c they all rotate to each others houses for their weekly get togethers. Moby Dick was their book for the week, they all gave up 4 days later. Can't be helped, women will never understand the camaraderie that builds when a group of men struggle together
>>
>>71796359
Oh don't get me stated on that shit, I took a literature paper last semester and heard some nu-male faggot dropped the book because 'it was incredibly racist'. I don't think he even read the book properly.
>>
>>71795561
Call of the Wild is alright, more of a family movie than anything. The book is far more intimate.
>>
>>71795561
>Before the Shark
>there was the Whale

What's that meant to mean? Sharks evolved a lot earlier, and the movie came out a long time before Jaws
>>
>>71796937
AVAST! THOU'ST KNOW IN THINE HEART THE LEVIATHAN PROWLED THE ETERNAL SWELLS - LONG 'ERE EVEN THE PHOENICIAN HARK MURMURED THE NAME OF SHARK KIN OVER THE LEVANTINE COASTS!
>>
Gregory Peck is awesome and he is even more awesome in Moby Dick, id suck his dick if he was alive today, no homo

>FROM HELLS HEART I STABBETH THEE
>FOR HATES SAKE I SPIT MY LAST BREATH AT THEE
>>
>>71798603
>>71795662
Did either of you ever see 12 o clock high? He's very very good in that.
>>
>>71798976
No but I'll definitely give it a try.
>>
>>71796937
it's the poster for the 1976 re-release.

most likely the sole only reason it happened was the success of Jaws the year before
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.