[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
In terms of actor performance, it was excellent. The cast of this show obviously worked very hard to play their parts, and make their characters interesting, likeable, and especially, believable. Every one of them should receive honors, and due recognition for their very fine, and successful efforts in that regard.

In the areas of camera work, lighting, sound, and overall production values, it far exceeded any other Star Trek series or film to date.

The special effects were also superb, as was the design of the Enterprise NX-01 itself, as well as the various vehicles used by the other space-faring races.

The sets, costumes, and props were interesting, practical, and far more realistic in design and function than anything seen in the "trekverse" before or since. And one really notable and refreshing thing - They finally got the flashlights right, even though they still sometimes held them in that awkward and ridiculous fashion that started with TNG.

As many viewers had previously, and understandably, expressed disdain over the fact that such things as reset buttons, excessive techno-babble, uninteresting aliens, and lack of original ideas or individual character development plagued the previous series' episodes, the producers of "Enterprise" apparently took great pains to address those issues, and by and large, they succeeded.

The aliens were well designed, many looking far more "alien" than those in previous shows. The Xindi arc itself represented a major, and well executed effort to address viewer complaints of bland aliens and tired stories.

And as far as storytelling goes, the tales spun by the writers of this series were at least as good, and many times even better than anything that came before.

Continued...
>>
>>71790135

The stories in Enterprise were primarily character based, and relied rather sparingly upon technology to propel the plotline or solve many problems. There was a greater degree of realism and believability to the plots, without all of the "hocus-pocus", or even downright hokeyness that plagued all of the other Trek incarnations, including TOS. There was also far less techno-babble than TNG & Voyager, the characters actually developed, and the reset button was practically non-existent.

On balance, the tale of Captain Archer, his ship, and his crew was more than just an episodic TV show. It was a single, long-running story arc, with only a few deviations into the more traditional, "stand-alone" episodes. And although I admit there were a number of sub-par episodes - as there are in many television series' - I think they were fairly rare, especially compared to the ratio of outright stinkers found in previous Star Trek incarnations.

If Enterprise hadn't initially been ruined by an excessive amount of commercial breaks, and whined about by pedantic trek-tards pathetically crying over their perceived violations of fat-assed Roddenberry's "dream" (which was primarily to make barrels of Hollywood jewbucks), it would never have suffered in the ratings as it did, may even have surpassed its originally planned seven year run, and surely would have gone on to become the vehicle for a top grossing series of feature films, and by all rights, it should have.
>>
star trek is poop
>>
>>71790135
>>71790164

I totally agree with both of you; its my favorite Star Trek and I think its the Star Trek also.

Long live Enterprise!

>>71790223

k
>>
>>71790135

One of the few shows got much better compared to its first seasons.
>>
>>71790262
Best Star Trek* Correction in the first sentence towards the end.
>>
>>71790135

The reason trektards hate it is because it isn't gay enough.
>>
>>71790279
That's every trek except for TOS
>>
>>71790368
Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. lol
>>
File: Spent the night with a princess.png (315 KB, 720x416) Image search: [Google]
Spent the night with a princess.png
315 KB, 720x416
>>71790135

It was Star Trek done right.

No faggots.
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling
>>
>>71790164
>trek-tards
>>71790347
>trektards
Well, I'm convinced that these are wholly separate individuals. There is DEFINITELY no samefagging at all going on in this thread.
>>
>>71790456
>tvtard
>gay

Double butthurt
>>
File: CheckinEm.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CheckinEm.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>71790279

It was actually the only Star Trek that was good even in its first seasons.
>>
>>71790223
lol
>>
>>71790223
This.
>>
>>71790223
different guy here but this post made me kek
>>
>>71790553
Shitterprise was garbage from episode one onward. Don't defend worst trek.
>>
>>71790456
It's one faggot who shows up in every trek thread.
>>
>>71790592
What is your favorite Trek Anon?
>>
>>71790663
TOS
>>
>>71790667
Terrble taste Anon.
>>
File: 1467419192590.jpg (80 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
1467419192590.jpg
80 KB, 736x981
>>71790592

Look... another gay Roddenberrian.

They get real nasty when their gay, PC "vision" is shattered by good tv.
>>
>>71790667
Good stories; but very campy.
>>
>>71790135
>The special effects were also superb
They were old hat.

>Xindi arc
Muslims in Space wasn't interesting.

>And as far as storytelling goes
The writing was bad. From that trope of "and that's an order" to introducing everything that came before: time travel, the holodeck, early introduction of familiar aliens.

The producers were upset that they were showing these episodes four times a year, but they weren't all getting fantastic ratings. The show just wasn't that interesting to draw an audience, let alone a fanatic audience.
>>
>>71790164
All true but that last episode was shit.
>>
File: Archer_vs_Borg_sm.gif (1 MB, 360x208) Image search: [Google]
Archer_vs_Borg_sm.gif
1 MB, 360x208
>>71790135

Archer is best Captain.

Grabs borg and pulls out its borg tubes... commences killing it with his bare hands.

Archer is a real man... not a flakey faggot, a token gibsmedat, or self-entitled feminot like the rest of them.
>>
>>71790731

>They were old hat
Compared to the other Treks, they are amazing.

>Muslims in Space wasn't interesting
The Xindi had probable cause to attack Earth; compared to Muslims that are down right retarded and also have no reason to kill besides in the "name of their religion". Xindi wanted to defend themselves. Simple as that.

>The writing was bad. From that trope of "and that's an order" to introducing everything that came before: time travel, the holodeck, early introduction of familiar aliens.

I totally disagree; many episodes like Shockwave, Terra Prime, Affliction, The Augments, E2, Stratagem, First Flight, The Andorian Incident, Shuttle Pod One, may I go on? Its all great writing and interesting plots. There were very few episodes that were bad.

>The producers were upset that they were showing these episodes four times a year, but they weren't all getting fantastic ratings. The show just wasn't that interesting to draw an audience, let alone a fanatic audience.

Agreed.
>>
>>71790826
A strong, Military man.

A strong leader.

A man who would sacrifice himself before any others.
>>
>>71790826
how the fuck does he fight a borg if they dont encounter them until tng, isn't this shit a prequel?
>>
File: snazz-moartribbles.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snazz-moartribbles.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>71790731
>The show just wasn't that interesting to draw an audience, let alone a fanatic audience.

Too cerebral for tvtards, huh?
>>
>>71790884
They also encounter the Ferengi and the Romulans, though the Romulans don't show themselves outside of their ship.
>>
>>71790884
Some of the wreckage from the Borg Sphere that attacked Earth in First Contact crashed in Antarctica and was frozen. Some scientist recovered the wreckage and produced to un-thaw and study them.

You can obviously figure out the rest from there.
>>
>>71790907
I sadly agree with him as not that the writing is bad, its just it drove so many people away that it was hard for it to keep an audience even as it got better.
>>
>>71790916

AND... They got their asses whipped.
>>
>>71790884
Its an origin for the borg basically, I don't remember the episode but its their only appearance on the show. At the end the borg send out a message into space with the location of earth or some shit and they state it will take like 200 years or however long it takes for the next generation to happen.
>>
>>71790916
And the doctor figures out a cure for Borg assimilations, but it's forgotten 200 years later.

Thanks Berman, thanks Braga.
>>
I agree, true Trekino.

>A Night in Sickbay
Wonderful examination of Archer & Phlox, as well as a canny send-up of first contact missions with the race's rituals.

>Cogenitor
An deep examination about a commander and the description of his sexual organs.

>Bound
Hilarious and thoughtful throwback to the TOS era Orions, and some really important gender politics examined.

>These are the Voyages
Best Trek finale out of all of them, shocking death, great way to bring back Shran and all topped off with a very interesting TNG framing narrative. Very respectful and enjoyable.
>>
>>71790945
Yes, that brings up a great point; compared to TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager (kinda voyager) that the NX-01 is also not a "awesome, ass-kicking, invincible space battleship" - it was vulnerable and destroyable. Look at the battle in Azati Prime, they ship gets its ass-kicked hard. You don't see that in any other trek really.

Besides with the Defiant getting destroyed in DS9.

>>71790955
That is a good point anon.

>>71790975
kek
>>
>>71791002
I like where this is going.
>>
File: Clinton_trump-cunt.png (783 KB, 718x718) Image search: [Google]
Clinton_trump-cunt.png
783 KB, 718x718
>>71791072
>wordpress
>>
>>71791072
That too.
>>
>>71791056
>Defiant gets BTFO when it first meets the Dominion
>Defiant gets BTFO when it finally meets the Borg
>Defiant gets BTFO when it first meets the Breen
Really it was only good against inferior races like Klingons and Cardies.
>>
>>71791110
Yeah, lol.
>>
>>71791072
That's stupid, you're stupid.
>>
File: Meh_ro10752.jpg (110 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
Meh_ro10752.jpg
110 KB, 500x612
>>71791056

I was referring to the Borg who got their asses whipped. And they got their asses whipped by a very vulnerable, and destroyable ship, because the captain and crew of the NX-01 weren't a bunch of whining, sniveling pussies like their gay, touchy-feely counterparts in TNG.
>>
>>71791223
Oh, lol.

Exactly. I totally agree. I apologize for missing your point.
>>
>>71791217
Hide Enter/pol/ threads. Ignore Enter/pol/ posts. Do not reply to Enter/pol/ posters.
>>
File: fat star trek.png (222 KB, 503x383) Image search: [Google]
fat star trek.png
222 KB, 503x383
>>71791102

No real argument, huh?

As usual... gay trektards can't logic when faced with the ugly truth, so they just chimp out and fling poop.
>>
>>71791293
God you people are boring.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.