[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did PTSD film became American jerking off film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
How did PTSD film became American jerking off film?
>>
>>71788900
The first movie started it by making Rambo a more heroic character
>>
Imagine if they used the original ending... so sequels, no nothing.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1mdSQ4BfI
>>
>>71788900
James Cameron

same reason Alien and Terminator only had 2 good movies
>>
>>71788900

How about Commando? aint arnold there used to be in Army?
>>
>>71790044
Damn...Imagine this being played out at that time. This would have been a straight up drama instead of the rise of the 80's...but honestly I'm glad it went (literally) cartoonish...one great movie versus decades of a character...I mean, on the other hand, where's the MTV/saturday morning cartoon version of Coming Home? We needed Rambo like we needed Red Dawn--another weird fantasy in a time of fear...

Sometimes it's cool to see how the moment motivates the mood. Stallone got paid, and put the drama aside for what he and Arnie would later battle for...I mean, deal with Commando on any level besides pure fun. These two made the 80's, along with arcades and malls...
>>
I am currently writing my own "Rambo 2" that retcons the whole series and jumps back to the climax of the first one where instead of crying he kills Trautman and then the rest of the movie is just one massive shootout where he kills tons of cops and national guard, etc. Not sure how it ends.

But anyway it's supposed to be a metaphor for how right wing gungho action movies killed the meaning of the first one and reduced the act of violence to mere entertainment. Or something gay like that
>>
>>71791080
>and then the rest of the movie is just one massive shootout where he kills tons of cops and national guard, etc. Not sure how it ends.
You should check out the novel.
>>
>>71791160
I know how that ends, I don't like it that much. I think the first movie is the best version of the story
>>
>>71790288
Arnold didn't have PTSD, he quit so he could spend time with his qt daughter, eat ice cream and feed deers.
>>
>>71791199
The novel justifies it, you can't really slap his wrist after all the chaos and deaths he caused. I think the book did a better job of not making things black and white, Teasle wasn't some one dimensional asshole, and Rambo wasn't as innocent as the movie made him out to be.
>>
>>71791080
Dope as fuck. Link?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.