[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was in the right here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1465938289346.jpg (19 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
1465938289346.jpg
19 KB, 511x288
Who was in the right here?
>>
Neither of them
>>
Cohle probably shouldn't have just appear at Marty's house uninvited.
>>
>Marty, I just came to cum in your wife
>>
>>71788094
Mowing another dude's lawn is kinda weird. Why did Cohle need to borrow the lawnmower anyway? We saw Rust lived in a little shitshack that would've had some landlord to do maintenance. Maybe Rust was fixing up a baseball diamond for some kids? Baseball has four bases if you count home, but five bases if you count that thing at the pitcher's mound. Five, just like the five dudes in that picture and the five little beercan dudes that Rust makes while he's being interviewed. I think the real tension in this scene comes from the fact that Marty is basically telling Rust he knows that Rust is the Yellow King, but to stay away from his family. To not 'mow his lawn' and initiate his daughters into his weird sex cult.
>>
>>71788133
He was just there to return something, and he did the lawn as a favor.
The only reason Marty was rustled was because of his own infidelity made him paranoid.
>>
File: assmankarma.jpg (642 KB, 1280x2880) Image search: [Google]
assmankarma.jpg
642 KB, 1280x2880
What'd he mean by this?
>>
>>71788094
"alright alright" was merely performing an act of generosity. Wood overreacted because of his insecurities.
>>
>>71789201
No.
>>
File: roy-munson.jpg (45 KB, 650x325) Image search: [Google]
roy-munson.jpg
45 KB, 650x325
>you know, I cleaned up, but maybe I didn't change. Not the way I needed to.
Bravo, Pizzaman
>>
>>71788325
Based Pizza
>>
>>71788094
Marty was right on both the material and metaphysical level; Marty liked mowing his own lawn, despite his own character flaws leading him to neglect his mannerly responsibilities from time to time. At the same time, he was profoundly uncomfortable with the personal connection Rust had been developing with his wife, as this echoed the neglect he had shown in his ethereal responsibility to maintain that connection on a deeper level than any other human being.

In a way, the lawn represented Carcosa; a dead land whose exploration spells certain doom to those who seek it. Rust was the Yellow King and the lawnmower his tool; he was the prophet and engineer of the bridge between the shroud of ignorance in which Marty had draped himself and the ominous fear growing in the back of his mind in much the same manner as grass.

It's no coincidence that the first two times we are introduced to Errol Childress, he is keeping the grounds at which he hunts. In a way, Childress's lawn represents Carcosa; the gardens he keeps are the hidden path to nirvana he maintains whereby humans are able to unbound themselves from the shackles of consciousness. Childress is the Yellow King and the lawnmower his tool; he erases the ignorance of his victims by forcing them to confront the ominous murmur in death beating in the back of their minds growing ever louder with every heartbeat.
>>
Everyone involved was in the wrong. Cohle was doing it as a weird passive aggressive display of power, Maggie invited Cohle in because she knew it would make Marty mad and wanted to delay Rust long enough to ensure he would be there when Marty got home, and Marty overreacted because his philandering made him paranoid.
>>
>>71789929
>>71788325
Hhhhehehe
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.