[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All I fucking want is a HBO show on Call of Cthulhu. Is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 15730101.jpg (38 KB, 318x392) Image search: [Google]
15730101.jpg
38 KB, 318x392
All I fucking want is a HBO show on Call of Cthulhu. Is that so much to ask?
>>
You had one.

Edit: forgot pic
>>
why not just do a diff story each week? instead of just doing CoC?
>>
>>71783003
THIS
>>
>He didn't see True Detective
>>
Honestly, CoC would be one of the only stories you could actually adapt into mockumentary horror.
>>
So you wan't 5 episodes of a guy digressing about a clay sculpture.
>>
>mfw a pleb fails to notice the supernatural elements of True Detective near me
>>
A good HBO show is always a happy accident, True Detective would never have been as good unless it had Fukunaka directing it.
>>
>>71783363
This.

It'd be better if the main was a scholar of the Cult of Cthulu, and worked as a stand-in for a bunch of the protagonists from the mythos stories. Maybe even make him Wilbur Whatley, and the series ends with him transforming.
>>
R E D D I T
>>
>>71783003
/thread

end it

END IT
>>
https://youtu.be/y7jp1CT1h6c
>>
>>71782951
hopefully a studio will let del taco make a movie of mountains of madness without them making it PG-13 or adding some action-romance shit
>>
Shadow Over Innsmouth would be better
>>
>>71782951
why don't you read the story first?
Call of Cthulhu is easily one of the weakest stories by Lovecraft.
>super powerful ancient alien god gets sent to sleep because he hits his head on a small fishing boat
ok
>>
>>71782951
Lovecraft is reddit-tier
>>
>>71785552
taking him out with a boat engine propeller was a pretty good way to end it imo. lovecraft's monsters are generally shown to be vulnerable to mundane threats. the mi-go get routinely taken out by one guy with a deer rifle and a few dogs, despite being advanced spacefaring aliens from another dimension. it's what they're capable of when they get their hands on their own technology/magic that makes lovecraft villains so powerful.

that said, CoC is admittedly one of his weaker stories
>>
File: smiling.png (825 KB, 776x1024) Image search: [Google]
smiling.png
825 KB, 776x1024
>>71782951
>shitskin/racemix=degenerate/scum
>HBO
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.