[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
La la la la... La la la la...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
La la la la... La la la la...
>>
This is a great series.
>>
You're missing two la's
>>
File: kiss_by_sodespair-d4grfvp.jpg (101 KB, 807x537) Image search: [Google]
kiss_by_sodespair-d4grfvp.jpg
101 KB, 807x537
lewd
>>
Why can't I have a girlfriend like Jane?

Or hell, one like Daria will do.
>>
File: daria.png (191 KB, 350x405) Image search: [Google]
daria.png
191 KB, 350x405
Did anybody have the same shocking reveal I did as a 10 year old with a massive hardon for Daria? Only to watch that episode of MTV News where they interview the VO actress who does her voice and find out it's THIS chick.
>>
>>71781028
Daria should be required viewing for every highschooler

I recently rewatched it, having just left HS. Shit still gets me
>>
>>71781563
>rewatched

So you watched it before you were born? Cool
>>
>>71781560
It's never a good idea to look up voice actresses.
>>
>>71781563
Does it even hold up? I loved it, but then again I graduated HS in 2004 before the internet was everywhere. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I'd highly doubt the themes and messages are even relevant anymore.
>>
>>71781646
on the flip side, male voice actors are usually pretty cool
>>
File: tarastrong.jpg (118 KB, 918x918) Image search: [Google]
tarastrong.jpg
118 KB, 918x918
>>71781646
Well, "yes and "no"
>>
>>71781647
You're extremely, dead wrong.
>>
>>71781647
Graduated in 07. Sometimes I think of how much different my life would've been if I graduated even one year earlier.
>>
>>71781028
shit has aged awfully. it comes as cringy as fuck in the current year of our lord
>>
>>71781028
>tfw no qt jane gf
>>
Ghost World is basically Daria in movie form
>>
>>71781944
>wanting qt Jane
>not sexy Jane
>>
File: cat 6823.jpg (40 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
cat 6823.jpg
40 KB, 700x467
>>71781028
>dat Jane
>>
>>71781837
Alright, glad you liked it. Let me know how Catcher in the Rye rocked your world next.

Seriously though, I just look at it and it seems so dated. I put it in the same mental category as I do Empire Records or My So Called Life: things that were very poignant and meaningful if you were the right age at the time they were released. With Daria is there even such a thing anymore as "the dumb jock that RULEZ DA SKOOL"? Or airhead bimbo cheerleaders? It even seemed antiquated at the time. I guess the overarching theme of feeling like you don't fit in is pretty universal, but it's told through the lens of mid 90's alt-rock angst. It just seems very 90's to me and I find it hard to believe it could carry the same impact as it did when it initially aired.
>>
>>71782098
You realize that Daria is a cartoon and that Britney and Kevin are cartoon characters right? None of this is supposed to be a totally realistic representation of anything but the situations like and lessons are timeless and things kids at that age go through no matter what the time period is.

I guess you either didn't actually watch the show or are just that fucking stupid.
>>
>>71781028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abrn8aVQ76Q
>>
>>71782269
Alright, simmer down. See, you keep saying stuff like
>the situations like and lessons are timeless and things kids at that age go through no matter what the time period is
And I just don't know if that's the case. I honestly think life is harder on high schoolers these days. I think life for teenagers is a lot different today than it was 20 years ago, but if you enjoyed it, who am I to take that from you. I'm glad you liked it, I'm just baffled at what you could have possibly gotten from it.
>>
>>71782622
>And I just don't know if that's the case
If you don't know they why are you still running your mouth?

You literally have nothing of legitimate substance to criticize it. It's just
>it was 90s and it isn't 90s anymore so obviously it's irrelevant whoa someone disagrees with me simmer down pshhh nothing personnel kiddo

Like are you fucking serious right now, retard?
>>
does girl on the right have a butt hole like stoya?
>>
File: mack.png (166 KB, 311x312) Image search: [Google]
mack.png
166 KB, 311x312
>>71782707
No, I think I made my point and you're just angry. Here's a Mack to help you calm down.
>>
>>71782926
>Like are you fucking serious right now, retard?
>No

Okay good jesus I thought you were actually not trolling for a second there
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.