[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good /tv/? Bored and want something funny and lightweight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 22881.jpg (152 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
22881.jpg
152 KB, 1600x600
Is this any good /tv/?

Bored and want something funny and lightweight to watch
>>
Yep, it's good. The pilot is the worst episode, though.
>>
Yes, it's really good.

Humor is mostly dialogue based, with awesome voices and delivery.

The lines are wonderful.

Some movie/tv references, but not in a dumb way.

Only complain (for me): it can be kinda cruel sometimes. Two or three episodes were unnecessarily cruel IMO.

Still, recommend all the way.
>>
It isn't good at all.
>>
File: ricknmorty billboard.jpg (62 KB, 735x400) Image search: [Google]
ricknmorty billboard.jpg
62 KB, 735x400
Yes. Close out of this thread and go watch it.
>>
>>71772926
it's reddit: the cartoon
>>
>>71773164
This. The first episode is unbearable. Really glad they dialed back on the burps and shit humor like that.
>>
>>71772926
It's pretty good. Some of the more recent episodes like the second TV/improv episodes are worth skipping, but overall it's a fun watch.
>>
>>71773250
hehe... meme...
>>
>>71773164
Seconding this. If I ever try to "introduce" people to this show, I tend to avoid the pilot. There's a bit they do that's obnoxious and overdone, but they cut back hard on it through future episodes.

Other than that it's one of the funniest shows I've seen in the last few years and people are gonna tell you it's shit because nothing is universally liked. Rick and Morty just gets more shitposters than usual because it's "memes" and "reddit".
>>
>>71773164
>>71773254

I thought the improv episode was the worst by far, 90% of what is said in that episode is not funny at all and it's delivered terribly because the VAs think they're fucking hilarious.

I'm not sure if I like Rick and Morty, I thought it was the shit the first time I watched it but recently I tried to watch it again and thought it was gash
>>
It's really great, but season 1 is better than season 2, and because of that a lot of hype sort of went to waste and made a lot of people hate it.

That said, the majority of people against the show are /pol/tards reposting that shit about Rick not believing in god, or some mindless drone crying Reddit when it doesn't even make sense.

It's pretty good, and I don't think you should skip any episodes. Some are less popular and funny than others, but sometimes they hold some slightly important character development (There's an episode where Morty's sister Summer is transported away and Rick has to deal with it. It's not the funniest, but it's the first episode that opens up to the fact that Summer is down for adventures too, and is later shown accompanying them sometimes)
>>
>>71773341
Also, the pilot has some different characterization in Rick, like he's far far more of an alcoholic than any of the other episodes, but it's still a really funny episode
>THEY'RE BUREAUCRATS MORTY, I DON'T RESPECT THEM!

Plus it sort of sets up how Morty is viewed in the world and how he interacts with people and his family. I feel like other episodes don't do enough justice pointing out how big of a dork he is. Every other episode involving his fellow students is just him trying to get some redhead ass.
>>
Yes. It's very good.
>>
Don't listen to the blockheads who say that it's good. They're highschoolers/freshmen in college.

Watch Sabrina The Teenage Witch instead. It's a way better show and has way more seasons.
>>
>>71773413
>Sabrina the Teenage Witch
>Not Phil of the Future

Fuck off, Pleb
>>
>>71773413
>Sabrina The Teenage Witch

The college years are thrash
>>
>>71773164
>The pilot is the worst episode, though.
This.

Might just start from the second episode to see how the rest of the show will go, and then just revisit the first one.
>>
All in all its pretty good, season 2 had some moments that were too artificially feelsy, and some of the improv humor is lazy and unfunny. But it definitley has a lot going for it, check it out
>>
>>71772926
There's like 2-3 stinkers between the two seasons but its generally quite good.
>>
>>71773250
>muh secret club wars
>>
>>71772926
>Is this any good /tv/?
yea
>>
File: Al likes.jpg (59 KB, 398x524) Image search: [Google]
Al likes.jpg
59 KB, 398x524
>>71772926
>Is this any good /tv/?

Great jokes.
Great Sci-fi.
Unexpected feels.

I dig it and i think you will too OP.
>>
>>71772926
It's great, but not if you're in the mood for light weight. It's incredibly deep and will make you think about life, death, and your place in the universe. It can also be very dark in places. It's more art than comedy, but it still excels at both.
>>
File: 1441331157415.png (176 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1441331157415.png
176 KB, 500x557
>>71774972
Great reddit impersonation.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.