[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TCM App
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
A couple months ago an anon alerted me to the existence of a Turner Classic Movies mobile app, to which I had been ignorant, and i'm just sharing this knowledge.

It's been fantastic, and i've been able to see a lot of classic films I hadn't seen before. Live streaming as well as dozens of films on demand. You can watch on your smartphone or also in my case, airplay it to your Apple TV. Inb4 shill, I don't pay for cable, using my parents login info. What moved me to post this was getting home and seeing the new films on demand today, an awesome lineup. The Conversation, Sullivan's Travels, The Lady Eve, Network, The Wild Bunch, in addition to She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Fort Apache, The Searchers, Stagecoach, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Barry Lyndon, A Clockwork Orange and more. They always have odd old shorts and promo stuff, like a short film introducing the concept of "3D" to audiences in the 50s.

Anyway, classic cinema in a convenient app. Check it out.
>>
>>71772110
That was a pretty good thread. TCM is a pleb filter.
>>
>>71772110
call me when they have an app that works on my Smart TV and isn't contingent on me paying for a cable package.
>>
Cool and informative. now im sad idk anyone with a cable sub
>>
I'll have to check it out. TCM rarely shows great movies though. Maybe one or two a week at the most. We got lucky today because they're showing Modern Times, City Lights and Limelight in a row.
>>
I fucking hate being a europoor. Hulu is seemingly quite good for movies too. I can get neither.

YIFY isnt frequently enough
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 529x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 529x670
>>71772157
>TCM is a pleb filter.
>>
>>71772110
do you need an active cable sub in order to login and actually use the app or is it free?
>>
>>71772316
>Hulu is seemingly quite good for movies too.

For now, but Criterion is leaving to form Filmstruck, a new streaming service, along with TCM, Kino, Warner Archive and others.

>>71772269
Yeah usually it's kind of lackluster, but a dozen or so gems a week compound into a nice On Demand list.
>>
>>71772607
AHHH FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
does it work in the UK ???
>>
>>71772758
>do you need an active cable sub in order to login

i think so

>>71772873
You haven't got the voice to sing calypso
>>
Do they have the old fake b&w PSA's? That guy is a laugh riot.
>>
Isn't it still streaming in SD?

My mother is an idiot and has no idea what her cable information is so I've never been able to use it. She's only 50 but has that 90s internet paranoia where she makes a new password for every login, then promptly forgets it.

>>71772269
All month they're doing 2 full days a week of westerns and one night a week of 70s New Hollywood. Plus the silent/foreign/cult film every week, theres plenty of good stuff in between.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.