[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of "Eyes Wide Shut"? Serious answers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: EWS-tom-mask-616x348.jpg (40 KB, 616x348) Image search: [Google]
EWS-tom-mask-616x348.jpg
40 KB, 616x348
What does /tv/ think of "Eyes Wide Shut"?
Serious answers please
>>
Worst Kubrick film
>>
>>71765509
why?

its full of symbolisms
>>
>>71765509
Pleb detected

Probably one of the comfiest movies ever, I love the music, the sound, the lighting, the way you are able to dissect the film. The reason it is not as praised is because it starred 2 big hollywood stars and all the mainstream plebs saw it and gave their shit opinions. But they don't realise that these 2 perfect humans are cast because they allow the viewer to dissect the characters deepest secrets that are subtly presented in the film eg. bill being a faggot
>>
>>71765483
Dunno, I only read the Traumnovelle by Schnitzler and it was fun analyzing it and a good read.
>>
Great, but weird as fuck

That Kubrick zoom on that mask guy is perfect though. Makes me so uncomfortable though
>>
>>71765483
The scene where he gets exposed before all of them send shivers down my spine. I liked the atmosphere, cinematography, symoblism, Tom's acting, and seeing Kidman naked. It was a dope film, but not his best. That's not to say it's his worst, which it isn't. I gave it 7-8/10.
>>
>>71765637
I agree, anon.
>>
Why did they remove half the content of the rituals?
>>
Stupid, tame, goofy, laughable.
>>
>>71766139
Same. I hate tom cruise but the movie was good enough that he didn't seem half bad. 7.5/10
>>
It's not really a Kubrick's film. He died before he finished the editing.
Spielberg edited out everything that could be potentially subversive, and even changed some of the dialogs.
It's an innocuous but visually stunning movie.
>>
>>71766676
sauce on this?
>>
Kubrick shows the powers that be he's on to their game, surprise surprise it's his last movie

Stands alongside They Live! As the most woke films
>>
>>71766703
(((The Studio))) removed over 1 hour of content about the rituals.

(((someone))) wasn't happy about it.
>>
>>71766774
source? or you are just parroting
>>
>>71765555
Comfy is not a word that should be used to describe this movie.
>>
>>71766816
The fact that Kubrick died before the movie's release.

And this gem before shooting the movie.

>Frederic Raphael, who authored the Eyes Wide Shut script for Kubrick recalled that Kubrick once remarked that "Hitler was right about almost everything," and insisted that any trace of Jewishness be expunged from the "Eyes Wide Shut" script. Kubrick's bizarre relationship to his own ethnicity deeply troubled Raphael, a fellow Jew. Raphael was further puzzled over Kubrick's cryptic praise for Hitler, unable to decide if Kubrick was jesting. Raphael was equally puzzled by Kubrick's trashing of Schindler's List
>>
>>71766912
interesting. thanks
>>
File: 1467264994451.jpg (60 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1467264994451.jpg
60 KB, 500x494
>>71765483

I have no idea because I was watching it with MY EYES WIDE SHUT LOL
>>
>>71767003
kek
>>
File: what did he mean by this.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by this.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
What did Kubrick mean by this?
>>
>>71765483
Kubrick's best film, not even joking.
>>
>>71765483
Still haven't seen it.

I remember it was the last movie my parents went for together to cinema before they divorced tho, not even kidding
>>
Spaghettio.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.