[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: newsroom_tx600.jpg (22 KB, 523x302) Image search: [Google]
newsroom_tx600.jpg
22 KB, 523x302
What went right?
>>
File: 1464838693559.jpg (14 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1464838693559.jpg
14 KB, 680x583
>aaron sorkin writes a """"""""""conservative""""""""" protagonist who only attacks further-right strawmen
>>
Olivia Munn wasn't terrible like in everything else
>>
>what went right
Season 1 and season 3 only.
>>
>>71762191

>Jeff Daniels being based
>Jack McCoy
>Olivia Munn acting for the first and last time
>Slumdog Millionaire a cute
>Based Sorkin
>/pol/ and tumblr getting triggered on a weekly basis because it didn't align perfectly with their respective political views

Pretty good show desu
>>
>>71762303
that's because she played a vapid bitch, it doesn't take much effort to play yourself
>>
>>71762334
>/pol/ and tumblr getting triggered on a weekly basis because it didn't align perfectly with their respective political views

this tbhfamalam, watching various faggots getting triggered over muh politics was the best thing about this show
>>
Is this as good as The West Wing?
>>
>>71762191

Jeff Daniels and the dude who plays charlie were the only good castings. the rest are annoying as fuck.
>>
>people yelling at each other the show

it was trash
>>
>>71762407
Cumulatively yes, because the entire last three seasons of WW were trash (Sorkin had left the show), and only season 2 of Newsroom is trash (it has every negative-Sorkin habit in it).

The writing in season 1+3 is incredibly tight though, it's his best work.
>>
>>71762445

I just finished WW for the first time a couple of days ago. I will admit that later seasons are weaker than the early ones, and I was not surprised when I found out the main writer had left when the change happened. But were the later seasons really that bad? Maybe my impression is colored because I just finished the show.

Donna & Josh is my OTP tho
>>
>>71762483
They were shitty compared to what came before, Sorkin had all these balls in the air, and the new writers came in after the kidnapping and just dropped like half immediately, and were like, "fuck it."

The new head-writer worked for ER, which ran for like 30 seasons, so clearly he can give the people what they want, but the best parts of Sorkin-- the dialogue, the ideas, the snappy bits you can go back and watch again and again, all of that died. I couldn't even get through the first season without him.

Anything after the kidnapping-related cliffhanger is fanfiction.
>>
>>71762191
>Yelling is masculine
>Our truth is the truth
>Career women who do yoga are just as strong as men if men prop them up with constant encouragement
>sometimes other people are proven wrong therefore we are always right and never contextualise
>I protect the team from the 1% who pay them thus our program is not just an excuse to soap box
>"but why would you be asking me a stupid question like we are in some sort of TV show?"
>>
SportsNight is ten times better.
>>
>>71762407
No, not even close. The Sorking years of The West Wing are so far and above anything he did with The Newsroom.

>>71762445
The new writers definitely struggled at first, but the last season with the election stuff was really good (Toby's storyline and CJ as chief of staff were deficiencies though).
>>
>>71762483

I had a huge crush on Donna back when the show aired, especially in the later seasons when her style got a bit more modern.
>>
The West Wing > Sports Night > Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip >>>>>>>>> The Newsroom
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.