[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Eat fast food for a whole month >Complain when it starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: supersizeme[1].jpg (49 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
supersizeme[1].jpg
49 KB, 480x640
>Eat fast food for a whole month
>Complain when it starts having negative effects

What was he trying to prove again?
>>
File: 1357834627313.png (157 KB, 297x355) Image search: [Google]
1357834627313.png
157 KB, 297x355
>implying there arent a lot of americans who literally do that
>>
It seems stupid in retrospect, but this documentary was actually fairly instrumental in changing the public's opinion about McDs and fastfood in general.
>>
I guess you weren't old enough to remember how ridiculous fast food portions were getting.
>>
>>71761817
It's a fucking shame, too. And I weigh 140 lbs.
>>
>eat fast food
>feel great

>eat salad
>want to die
>>
I know, it's so retarded.
The "always supersize when they ask" gimmick made it 100% impossible he wouldn't end up obese and unhealthy at the end of it.
>>
>>71761745
Calorie Control is a myth
>>
>>71762144
>eat fast food
>feel great
You literally forgot how is it to feel great in this case.
>>
>Eat mcdonalds everyday
>Don't consider the salads they serve
>Be a smug asshole who thinks you're supersmart for thinking you figured it all out that eating fast food everyday is bad
>Get fat
wow
>>
>>71762190
I lost 23 kilos counting my calories, without every feeling hungry, so your argument is shit
>>
McDonald's literally changed their menu over this movie and now has healthier options than most of their competition, so I'd say it made some sort of difference
>>
>>71761745
yeah when i first watched it i had no idea what his experiment was either

>dude if i eat a bunch of fast food every day i'll get fat

yeah no shit
>>
>>71762223
Lies
>>
>>71762216
Not my argument, that was the Super Size Me argument, he would try to have 4k in calories, with supersize.

FATHEAD is a documentary about supersize me and goes a month on mcd's fine, using simple calorie counting.
>>
The guy is the biggest douche ever
>>
>>71762223
HealthIER being the operative word here, they're still not healthy by any stretch of imagination.
>>
File: chili-fries.png?w=760.png (802 KB, 760x564) Image search: [Google]
chili-fries.png?w=760.png
802 KB, 760x564
>>71761817
i feel sad for missing out on all that greasy goodness ;_;
>>
If he eats normaly, like looks up the what each food contains and eat it like that.

But no lets just shove the the whole fucking menu in my face 3 times then lets do it again at another McDonalds

This is so retarded
>>
>>71761745
To drive home the point to stupid fat americans that fast food is extremely unhealthy. most of flyover country doesnt think about things like that, or about things at all, really.
>>
>>71762230
not only fat...
and for the average american dumb fuck thats a surprise
>>
>he didn't listen to the start of the film, about the lawsuit

Confirmed for pleb as fuck, get the FUCK off of my board and watch some more capeshit, you cunt.
>>
>>71762241
I don't need no documentary for that, I'm a sucker for fast food, but I always aimed to have less than 1500 calories a day, so I went to burger king, mcdonalds and whatnot everyday during my weight loss
>>
>>71762256
you can still get chili fries, huge portions, and all sorts of heart clogging food if you go to mexican places, and american diners and shit.
>>
>>71762201
They only came out with salads after the movie was made. It's also the reason they ended the whole Super Size thing. I swear, people just post whatever stupid shit pops in their head on here without even caring whether they're correct.
>>
>>71762251
I don't think you know what the word healthy means
>>
>>71762278
I could eat a homecooked meal every god damn day but if the calories are like 3k and plus with ice cream desserts daily i'll get fat.
vegan ice cream or not.
>>
>>71762258
the point was to order it the way the average american ordered it. there were a bunch of interviews, especially with young people who said they ate fast food every day. they didnt read about what they were eating, they just ordered whatever looked or tasted good.

The point was to show the effects of a diet common in america. its not even a complicated idea how are you so dense?
>>
>>71762295
It's true, all of it.

It was a dumb movie with no record of his diet ever fucking release EVER

but it did change McD and fast food fundamentally forever.

meh.
>>
File: 1446558021531.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1446558021531.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
>>71762295
The movie had nothing to do with it, WHO and many other organisations have been pushing fast food joints chains to have healthy options, mcdonalds and the rest of them thought there was no profit in it until they were proven wrong basically
>>
>>71762300
he only ordered 1 meal off the menu each time. like an average american. you know, the point of the movie?
>>
>>71762271

Was going to post this. Fat people really have no idea how shitty the food they eat is
>>
>>71761745

An ex housemate of mine worked at Macdonalds and thats all he ate for around 3 months because it was free. Eventually he got scurvy and doctors told him he needed to vary his diet or risk permanent damage, even death

I didn't realise people could be that stupid, he was a Brit btw
>>
>>71762312
But why is Mcdonalds to blame here? He did showed some footage of how americans didn't knew the most basic shit about nutrition but in the end the scapegoat is the evul corporation and not the dumb fucks who eat junk food every day.
>>
>>71762332
McDonalds literally ended supersize option months after the movie came out during a time of public disapproval towards mcdonalds that began when the movie was released. thats a pretty big coincidence. now what do you think the who threatened mcds with around the same time? what the fuck could the who or any organization have done to influence mcdonalds financial decisions in any way?
>>
>>71762280
IT's true, but frankly the documentary that changed the world didn't include his calorie count ever.

It could have helped millions reduce weight easily, but instead just made money as a false flag for McD. It was the promotional boost they needed to start a new marketing campaign that was more effective then the mcrib.

There is no record of his calories and he states it was like over 4k a day.

That would kill anyone.

1.5k is perfectly fine, even better with exercise.

it's that simple.
>>
>>71762337
that's bs, at the time the fattiest item was the big mac at 530 calories, even if he ate that for breakfast lunch and dinner and with dessert he would come nowhere near 5,000 calories

he has never provided his food log either
>>
>>71762337
Cept for that guy that comes in and walk there and buys 3 big macs a day, nothing else and was skinny... He's what's called a heavy user of fast food....

by the movies on rules.
>>
>>71762353
because it made people feel good about themselves to point a finger at the "bad guy" instead of reflecting as a society.
>>
>>71762379
They still have breakfast items that are close to 1,500 calories.
>>
>>71762353
its quicker and cheaper to ban something than to educate the populace about it
>>
>>71762365
4k calories is way heavy bulk, 4k is much even for a overweight person.

4k is like, 4 meals on mcdonalds, if you go for the hamburgers with heavy sauce or whatnot.
1k calories is roughly 22 mcnuggets

That shitter must've either eaten more than one meal at mcdonalds or eating raw olive oil and shit, 4k calories is HARD to consume in a day, and I'm a glutton if I decide "fuck it" one day and just eat eat eat without considering my caloric daily budget
>>
>>71762396
Probably helping McD brand in the end of it all.

Instead of stopping the "evil giant" they just profit.

It seems false flag, but I hate being tin foil hat. Cept the guy was and is the biggest shill and idiot of all time.

I can even think he managed to come up with any orginal idea.
>>
>>71762382
some people have high metabolisms. weight gain wasnt even the point of the movie, it was the adverse side effects that go on inside you. a big flabby ass just helps drive the point home.
>>
>>71762404
Yeah, but there still is no proof what he was eating or when.

It's just conjecture. Mostly likely advertisement for McD. If you think the Ghostbuster outrage is false flag, don't think McD wouldn't do it first.
>>
I lost 20 lbs eating McDonald's everyday. It's all about the calories not what you eat.
>>
>>71761745

>Taking away the supersize option

Fuck you, I'll just double my order.
>>
>>71762418
maybe, but it resulted in fast food places offering healthier options. which some people actually eat. so at least it probably saved a few people from diabetes
>>
>>71762453
Yeah and your cardiovascular system is probably decaying at the rate of an 80 year old. how stupid are you to not understand that the point of the movie is that fast food kills you on inside, regardless of whether you gain weight
>>
>>71761745
all this did was make me go buy a mcdonalds
>>
>>71762414
Yeah, 4k of ANYTHING will kill you. There's people that have eatn mcds for a month and not die. Not have any change.

Super Size Me didn't prove anything aside from ignorance of Calorie Counting.

That's it.

Simply said.
>>
>>71761745
that ...uh eating fast food for a whole momth has negative effect?
>>
>>71762479
>Yeah and your cardiovascular system is probably decaying at the rate of an 80 year old
Sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>71762461
don't drink the pop, no diabetes.

Coke Zero has no sugar or carbs even.
>>
Well before this movie alot of people had the assumption it was perfectly fine to shove fast food in their mouth multiple times a day for their entire life without suffering any negative health consequences.
The movie made people realize "hey, wait a minute, this food might taste good, but I'm kind of eating a slow acting poison and this prime factors contributing to the entire country of america being a bunch of unhealthy fat asses and my "genes" rarely have anything to do with it, maybe I'll have mcdonalds as a treat from now on rather then it being a staple at every meal"
Also it kind of woke people up the the fact industrial marketers have no problems selling poison to people under the guise of a nutritious meal for the sake of profits.
>>
>>71762479
I doubt most people posting ITT have even watched the movie.
>>
>>71762382
there are a bunch of people who have done his challenge and ended up either not being affected that much or losing weight

the reason why he became fat was

1. he didn't exercise
2. he ate a metric shitton of food that the majority of people would never eat

so the lesson of the day is if you eat a fuckton of food and don't exercise, you'll get fat

genius
>>
>>71762353
Mostly because Mcdonalds leave the consumer ill informed through marketing techniques that leave the consumer feeling they haven't just consumed half a pound of chemical crap.

anyone here wants a "happy meal"?

Seems alot of people in this thread are quite delusional and want to go back to the glory days of stuffing there faces with poison without the guilt of knowing what they are actually putting into their bodies.
>>
>>71762560
>if you eat a fuckton of food and don't exercise, you'll get fat

murrica
>>
>>71762566
he even admitted himself in the documentary that mcdonald's is just a business and isn't evil

it's completely worthless
>>
>>71762560
>that the majority of people would never eat

Eh, I'm not sure it's even a majority. I also don't see how people could accurately do the challenge when they came out with a healthier and discontinued Super Size after the move.
>>
>>71762591

>a business
>not evil
>>
>>71762560
>>71762515
>>71762509
>>71762455
>>71762431
>>71762396
>>71762353

Found the fat as fuck fat asses who can't handle the fact they now have to live with the guilt that they love putting shit food into their body and even worse everyone knows it and tells them how bad it is but they want to continue sticking their head in the sand and hopefully their is a large big mac and chilli fries in the sand somewhere.

ps I still eat mcdonalds, its delicious and a great treat, but I know damn well what I am eating is not the best fuel for my body and that overconsumption will result in a shitload of problems further down the line.

Your all just mad that your know accountable for your actions and can't claim ignorance now that the evidence is right in front of your face.
>>
>>71762144
›2016
›being American
>>
>>71762353

Because corporations should be held to standards.
>>
>>71762566
O please how much of a weak faggot can you be to say marketing schemes cloud your understanding of nutrition. Yes, they may use marketing to make you want to go to Mcdonalds, but actually claiming that someones understanding of a healthy diet is in someway affected by corporations is utter grabage.

As a matter of fact, you can have a completely gourmet lifestyle and it will probably get you even fatter than Mcdonalds considering the amount of fat used in high-end cooking. So know chefs are also responsible for not telling a fat fuck he shouldn't eat in is restaurant? Fuck off with your bullshit.

>>71762622
Nigger, try reading some of the posts you are replying to.
>>
File: 1466544020984.png (283 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1466544020984.png
283 KB, 600x337
>>71762622
>Supersize me
>Evidence
>>
>>71762622
I don't eat at McDonald's, nor at any fast food joint. It doesn't take a genius to figure out his experiment was completely retarded. He provided no data and his hypothesis can essentially be boiled down to "if I eat a bunch of fast food and don't exercise, I'll become fat"
>>
>tfw you get the 40pc and two big macs

who /bulkin/ here
>>
>>71762591
You sound like someone with a bad case of Stockholm syndrome.

Business should be held accountable, alot of businesses ARE evil as fuck and practice things that are extremely inhumane.
But because it's a "business" and not a "person" their decisions and actions don't apply to morality?
Who makes the decisions a business undertakes?
A person.
Wake the fuck up.
>>
>>71762671
>Bulking
>Ever
Dissapointed Scooby.png
>>
>>71762197
nah you're dumb and don't understand biology

of course fats and carbs make you feel good

at least short term
>>
>>71762673
Tell me, just fucking tell me what Mcdonalds do that is inhumane?
>>
>>71762671
>dirty bulking

Confirmed not gonna make it
>>
>>71762673
be held accountable for what? do the mcdonald's employees need to pat every customer on the shoulder and say "dear, if you eat a shitton of food and don't exercise you'll get fat"

marketing is not mind control, marketing is marketing and his documentary is utterly pointless
>>
>>71762190
>http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-lose-weight-eating-only-mcdonalds-2015-10

this is what fat people believe

The easiest way to lose and maintain a normal weight is calorie intake control
>>
>>71762701
They release endorphins, but you're literally eating crap.
>>
>>71761745
its not just that he ate fast food, its that he had absolutely no portion control
>>
File: 1452445584570.jpg (61 KB, 563x520) Image search: [Google]
1452445584570.jpg
61 KB, 563x520
>>71762673
>Wake the fuck up.
>>
>>71762649
You missed the point totally.
This is no different then when cigarettes first came out and the companies knew damn well they were poisoning people and the dangers of consumers using their products, but they hid the evidence and glossed over all the real information and evidence with pretty packaging and feel good advertisements that kept their consumers not only ignorant to their ill-effects but so blind to the truth that they would defend the companies for doing no wrong while they sucked down a pack a day.
>>
>>71762711
>marketing is marketing and his documentary is utterly pointless

I don't know why you keep saying this when his documentary in fact led to McDonald's drastically changing their marketing.
>>
>tfw you get a serious craving
>>
>>71762739
>companies knew damn well they were poisoning people
Except they didn't, back then you didn't need to have a group of scientists check your products out to see if they were bad for consumption or not, nobody knew cigarettes were bad until there was a increase in lung cancer which took a couple of years to develop
>>
>>71762741
because a bunch of retards were praising this even though it was stupid, not because it was an ingeniously crafted scientific study
>>
File: 1467498148119.jpg (39 KB, 530x707) Image search: [Google]
1467498148119.jpg
39 KB, 530x707
>>71762760
>mfw there's a sushi bar in my town that has a sushi buffe for 12 euros
Literally ate there 5 times a week (those days I only ate myself full on the sushi and ate nothing else that day) and didn't gain weight, Sushi is awesome
>>
>>71762793
muh heavy metal poisoning
>>
The biggest problem with this documentary is that McDonalds is one of the many VAST restaurants that are available for take out and dining that Americans are more and more eating rather than staying at home and cooking.

It paints McDonalds as the be all and end all of America's obesity problem but the fact is, the local diner and restaurant all have foods that cater to fat Americans with huge portions, dripping in transfat, loaded with a side of deep fried carbs and served with ice cold liquid calories.

It's just easier to pick on McDonalds because it has such a big name, so people just watch this movie and think, Oh I'll get fat if I eat McDonalds so I'll avoid that and eat at my local diner or restaurant which doesn't publish any nutritional information and loads my plate with just as much fat and carbs
>>
>>71762800
I stopped listening to metal when I was 16, anon
>>
>>71762708
>>71762711
It's your body, it's your choice, go ahead, eat the filth, worship the mcdonalds corporation and turn a blind eye to what has been documented proof and evidence.

There is a reason, smart reasonable people limit their fast food consumption.

That said we all have our vices, I smoke cigarettes occasionally, I eat mcdonalds occasionally, I drive fast occasionally, I drink alcohol occasionally.
You gotta live your life and we all die someday so we might as well enjoy what we have but ffs you gotta look at the reality of the situation and atleast accept it's not healthy don't bullshit yourself so you can justify overconsumption.
>>
>>71762739
Cigarettes were not studyied propely until recently and it was until the 60s when scientists realized that a lot of people were getting lung cancer and decided to study cigarettes more closely.

Having the basic understanding that obesity is linked to how you eat goes back to the ancient greeks. And also I doubt Mcdonalds has ever said that eating Mcdonalds is healthy in any way.

Also, Mcdonalds isn't poison if you simply eat it every other month or even once a month.
>>
>>71762811
>so I'll avoid that and eat at my local diner or restaurant which doesn't publish any nutritional information and loads my plate with just as much fat and carbs
This, I commend them (or maybe they have to, but whatever) for publishing their nutriotional values, makes it much easier for me to lose or maintain weight if I get the urge for fast food or eating out, I rather go to mcdonalds and know exactly how many calories I get and satisfy my crave then go to some resturant which serves something delicious but probably heavier on fats because the sauce that comes with your steak or whatever is loaded with calories
>>
>>71762840
That is what everyone is sayig you retard. It is just retarded to say the the corporation Mcdonalds is to blame for shitty lifestyle choices.
>>
mcdonalds is terrible but the homemade burgers me and my good gentlesirs enjoy together are very healthy indeed
>>
>>71761745
>Be Brit.
>Watch Super Size Me for the first time.
>Amazed on how big portions of Mc Donald's you can get.
>Finally get my act and money together to travel to American and eat Mc Donald's supersize meal.
>Go into the nearest Mc Donald's once the plane has landed.
>"Chicken nuggets please...Super size me"
>"Sorry Sir we dont do that anymore".
>Look up and find out fucktard is the reason supersize was taken down... so mad.
>>
>muh fat muh carbs
>fast food is bad for you
>mcds needs to held accountable
/tv/ doesnt understand basic biology, digestion and business ethics general?
>>
>>71762765
They claimed ignorance but they knew what was happening long before the full evidence came out and they suppressed that evidence as long as they could.
Cigarette companies denied the ill-effects of their product for decades, they denied it all the way until their was absolutely undeniable proof and evidence that smoking caused cancer and many other diseases.
>>
>>71762811
McDonald's had the Super Size gimmick and has always been the head honcho of fast food, so it was the obvious choice. And they still are at the top, by far. My town has a McDonald's and a Wendy's across the street from each. Wendy's has maybe one or two cars waiting at the drive-thru, usually none. On the other hand, I can't remember the last time McDonald's didn't have a line of cars around the building. It's ridiculous how people just love them.
>>
> eat healthy
> maintain 80kg

>eat fast food and stuff myself with snacks

> maintain 80kg

Fat people are just subhumans with shitty metabolism
>>
>>71762877
No, you can't compare the early 90's with today, when cigarettes was new, nobody knew they were bad until more and more lung cancer victims popped up, not until then did anyone know cigarettes were bad, cigarettes back then were way more natural than they are nowadays where they add lots of chemicals for taste and aroma
>>
>>71762859
They are the protogen of the modern fast food nation.

you change mcd's you change teh entire industry. seriously.
>>
>>71762874
/fit/ and /tv/ regular here, every food item is bad if overconsumed, not only fast food, more news at 11
>>
>>71762720
Hell a simple multi vitamin and potassium supplement you can live off water and beer.
>>
>>71762930
multi vitamin is the biggest scam ever, if you eat anything else the same day you eat a multivitamin you are overloading on vitamins and harming your body if you keep using them
>>
>>71762913
That's self defeting and stupid. There is really no way to make Mcdonalds healthy and it is pretty stupid to ask Mcdonalds to serve salad or whatnot if they sell fucking burguers. There are "healthy" burguers but you really should eat something else if you want to get a healthier option. You are also completly outing the option of informing people that eating this shit regularly will make you a fat fuck.
>>
>>71761745
That he's an ass hat. Of course eating fast food after being a vegetarian would have bad effects.
>>
>>71762930
I know a guy who at one time worked cleaning port-o-johns (shitty job I know). He said after cleaning them, there would be a huge pile of completely intact multivitamins. Every single time. Those things just pass right through you.
>>
>>71761817
Yeah how dare a company provide what their consumer base wants.

Thank god we have you to tell them what they need.
>>
>>71763022
he's lying to sound interesting
>>
>>71762251
Yeah we all know salads will kill you
>>
>>71762952
you'd have to get shit load of vitamins each day for it to do any real harm.
>>
>>71763038
Don't think he was. It probably depends on the vitamin brand and the person, really.
>>
>>71763093
Short term yeah, but I'm speaking long term where some asshat takes one or two every single day
>>
>>71763022
That's complete bullshit. The outer casingings dissolve within an hour.
>>
>>71762144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
Is this you?
>>
>>71763113
I wouldn't say too bad if you have variety in the fast food, don't eat fried stuff everytime, don't eat hamburger meat everytime, etc.
>>
>>71763023
u mad bro
>>
>>71762566
the happy meal is like a snack at most. meant solely for kids. small fry, 5 chicken nuggets and a small drink. not even remotely half a pound of chemical crap.
>>
>>71763022
yeah, the amount of vitamins you actually need is very small. But when starving yourself it's needed. When eating normally it's not needed.

It's that simple, most people take them redundantly, which is why they're complete bullshit.
>>
>fast food is unhealthy

Exactly how? Its just average food in regards to calories. If you dont eat mcdonalds but go home and make yourself a peanut butter sandwich you arent living any healthier at all.
>>
>>71761745
No one in this thread has mentioned yet how the whole document was fake.
>>
>>71762990
Again it's not about eating it regularly as it is ignoring calorie content.

But it's not about making it healthy as much as it is about free advertisement for mcdonald's.

Here's the thing: No one has been able to replicate the results, and even basic math disputes the claim that his McDiet consisted of 5,000 calories a day.

Either way it changed the industry, not just the restaurant. Everywhere else was more aware, but more importantly consumers for teh first time tried to be more health conscious.
>>
>>71762952
Yeah that's why I have them when I fast. Not islamic, just poor.
>>
>>71761817
>Used to enjoy the occasional bit of fastfood
>Fat fucks with self control ruined it for me

They could have just reduced the size of drinks or some shit. The huge ass sodas seemed to be the main culprit.
>>
>>71763950
I hope this is bait
Please do not be this stupid
>>
>>71764014
He has a point though. You could argue that worse thing Mcdonalds serve is their soda.
>>
>>71763989
Just order the sandwhichs, fuck the other shit. the dollar menu is much better.

hell the jr. chicken are better then the normal chicken sandwiches, more spice to em, and the mcdouble with bacon is based as fuck.
>>
>>71764014
It's the biggest flaw in the film, Calories is what kill you. Eating 1000 calories of oil to a 1000 calories of veggies is the difference of a table spoon and a bucket, basically.

Other then the nutrient deficiency it's not deadly and going to make your guts burst out of every orifice at the same time as contracting aids hepatitis gonorrhea and diabetes.

it's just hard to feel full on a 1000 calories of oil.
>>
>>71761760
My father is one
Only eats Mcdonalds and Burger King
I have no idea how he is still alive
The only vegetable hd eats is canned peas about once a month
>>
File: fathead.jpg (11 KB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
fathead.jpg
11 KB, 240x192
>>71763954
http://benhessel.com/fathead/

There's a whole movie on that Fathead, and it's fucking BASED AS FUCK.
>>
The average American woman has a bmi of 28 - obese, just think about the situation in 10 more years!
>>
>>71764076
Fast Food only uses cardboard vegetables and rotted flaps of meat between sugar pressed buns with 7 year old condiments and wrapped inside small pox paper.

By my diagnosis he should be dead from Syphilis already!

>IT'S 2016 PEOPLE

>WAKE UP AND BECOME VEGANS ALREADY

>YOUR BODY WILL THANK YOU

[[eats fast food until the age of 89]]
>>
>>71762190
>Calorie Control is a myth
yeah because you can just destroy energy inside your body
>>
>>71764093
it'll be triple that and then in 10 more years quadruple that, until everyone is just rolling around like giant balls.

Or you know, more or less the same as it is now.

BMI is outdated as fuck, but hold on to that dream baby. Height and weight is all you need to measure health. frankly I like the neck measurement way to indicate health but to each their own.

Until we can test peoples cholesterol and know what it means and check body fat percentage, we'll never truly understand the mysterious of the human body.
>>
>>71764027
>You could argue that worse thing Mcdonalds serve is their soda.
maybe also their french fries? Its alot of calories for not alot of nutrients senpai
also you can always take the diet versions of the soda
>>
>>71763954
>>71764078
see >>71762241
>>
>>71764138
It's what Super Size Me is about. 5k Diet on fucking ANYTHING will kill you, let alone impossible to reproduce. fucking 4k is near impossible.

Never released his food log on what he ate, so no way to confirm it either.
>>
>>71764146
>BMI is outdated as fuck

We wuz athletes and shit
>>
>>71764161
>5k Diet on fucking ANYTHING will kill you
well that depends, didnt Michael Phelps eat like 5-6k calories every day?
The diffrence is that Michael Phelps spent his days swimming while if we belive Super Size me, Spurlock didnt move at all basically
>Never released his food log on what he ate
I know, which i dont understand why he doesnt have to stand accountable for that or even recive any criticism for that
>>
>>71762665
>"if I eat a bunch of fast food and don't exercise, I'll become fat"
dude there are a bunch of posts in this thread about how mcdonalds isnt unhealthy and doesnt make you fat. its not fucking common sense for some people. thats all the movie was trying to do.
>>
>>71764153
New potatoes get a rap for being empty in nutrients but it's only because the majority of the them are empty, the nutrient is on teh surface of the potato. that's why it's best not to peel em.

They actually a food staple with almost all the nutrients you need.

root veggies are the healthiest.

The oil is the worse part for upping the calories but just get a regular size one and you're fine, they're not so bad.

It's the sugar and a caffine in pop that is toxic.

Caffeine with food doubles the gluco index, making your carbs count for DOUBLE.

That and the corn syrup used to sweetn the pop counts for double it's gluco index already makes that 50g of sugar count for like 200g, which is a LOT.

Either Way, caffeine with carbs is bad. Sugar is worse, corn syrup is the worest.

but hey coke zero has 0 carbs and 0 sugar. better then diet.
>>
>>71762793
I love the sushi bar in my town. You sit around a a big table with a moat and the chefs send sushi down to you on a little boat that you can pick and choose from. sushi is the patricians choice. that and schawarma
>>
>>71764203
Okay 5k of calories for an olympic athelete or a military solider on deployment working constantly all day everyday is like the MAX you can take in.

that's teh 5 MRE at 1000 cal a day.

Most people with regular work and activity can diet on 1000-2000 calories.

fatties will eat 2500 a day.
>>
>>71762859
whos blaming mcdonalds for anything? fat fucks in this thread are arguing that fast food is not unhealthy.
>>
>>71762379
Yeah except you forgot the part where they said meal. And he would super size if asked. And the people in the store were trained to ask.

For those curious the super sized soda was 42oz and the fries were 7oz. A large fry is 5.9 oz and a medium is 3.9 oz. while a large drink is 30 oz and a medium is 30 oz.

Sidenote: in terms of calories a supersized drink was 410 calories and a supersize fry was 610 calories.
>>
>>71762874
thanks for all the strawmen anon. if youre trying to argue that fast food isnt extremely unhealthy you can just stop now. youre a big fat unhealthy fuck and its time you dealt with it
>>
>>71764279
medium drink is 21 oz. excuse me.
>>
>>71764231
>Sugar is worse, corn syrup is the worest
which doesnt bode well for any of us in the western world or in general i guess, because thats like one of the most common farming ingredient and they put corn syrup in everything

>>71764258
>is like the MAX you can take in
i mean its really not, it clearly depends on how much energi you use during the day
>Most people with regular work and activity can diet on 1000-2000 calories.
the average woman should have around 2000 calories every day
the average man should have around 2500 calories every day
but i wonder if those arent outdated numbers since we seem to move and exercise alot less
>>
>>71762990
fast food is popular because its fast and cheap and most people are poor and busy. thats why fast food is so fucking popular. offering healthy choices gives those people a chance to choose something that isnt poison.
>>
File: 1467247459815.png (106 KB, 2000x1516) Image search: [Google]
1467247459815.png
106 KB, 2000x1516
>>71764203
Because he could afford to produce, edit, and advertise on a bduget of 65k.

that seems reasonable. doesn't seem fake in anyways shape or form, and McD comes out with a perfect spin opening new line of food and everything to go with it.

Shit couldn't have been better for McD profits unless he didn't get permission to use their name in the film.

Because he would need their permission.

In advance.

To use their name.

In his film.

But there's no way McD was related to the film or it's production in ANYWAYS SHAPE OR FORM.

He never once called it McD or showed each and every product they had to an international audience, that then shows McD changing policy and caring about the health of it's customers...

just sayin.
>>
>>71764302
I am saying 5k is the max calories you can take in because that's what is given to soldiers for them working at max efficiency.

It's not 4k it's not 6k it's 5k. That's just what I know from survival training.
>>
>>71764307
>its fast and cheap
maybe in America where they save alot of money on workers pay and such
In Sweden a big mac meal with fries and coke cost around 8 dollars

>>71764328
>Because he could afford to produce, edit, and advertise on a bduget of 65k.
that means he shouldnt show his food log or answer questions that have risen around that?

>>71764348
>that's what is given to soldiers for them working at max efficiency.
You do realise that some athletes uses up more energy than soldiers
>>
>>71764328
Seems unlikely.
>He'd need their permission
No.
>>
>hurrr everyone knows cigarettes cause cancer why expose it

Holy fuck this thread is underage.
>>
>>71764302
That's why I said can Diet on 1000-2000 calories. That's about standard as a guy if I keep under 2000, try for 1500 i'll lose weight. As a girl it's more like 1000, because their bodies perform better and shed weight harder. They're really efficient at retaining fat for child birthing.

1000 calories a day a women can still give birth to a healthy baby, they store more fat, but have less muscles.
>>
>>71761745
>What was he trying to prove again?

The premise was based on a lawsuit filed by a woman who sued McDonalds because she didn't know that their food was going to make her fat. Mcdonald's response was to say that their food can be part of a healthy and balanced diet.

Morgan decided to prove them wrong by eating nothing but Mcdonalds for a month.
>>
I thought it was a mockumentary made to parody americans. Do they really eat fast food on a daily basis?

>>71762533
>The movie made people realize "hey, wait a minute, this food might taste good, but I'm kind of eating a slow acting poison and this prime factors contributing to the entire country of america being a bunch of unhealthy fat asses and my "genes" rarely have anything to do with it, maybe I'll have mcdonalds as a treat from now on rather then it being a staple at every meal"
and then tumblr happened
>>
>>71762793

Just be aware of how much white rice you eating when having sushi. Still a fairly healthy option though.
>>
>>71764376
Dude you need permission to use McD if it's the background of your film, let alone the main focus at showing how terrible mcd is.

They could have shut him down from day one by denying him the use of the golden arches and stopped the entire movie just as it was released.

They didn't.

This is obviously why the movie was released in tandem with McD. There no fair use for movies. you can use review fair use for TV or magazines but movies are stricter for copyright.

If you're showing a movie in harsh light to the product, even if you do a zombie movie McD might now allow it's brand to be used because they don't want it associated with violence...

It's their call.

So legal reasons he would have had to both contact and get their permission and probably allow them to see the final product before release.

If you don't think so that's super duper cool, but it doesn't change the fact, that YES. He would at least have had to call them if not his lawyers.
>>
>>71764395
>try for 1500 i'll lose weight.
but you would be so hungry senpai
just move around some more and there will be a better balance
>>
>>71764408
With no limits. The actual lawsuit was 2 girls said that mcd was addictive. And studies have shown that carbs are addictive.

It was debunked by scientists, not some redneck yokels hair brained idea.
>>
"What part of a chicken looks like this?" Stupidest fucking argument.
What part of a fish looks like a stick? Right.
>>
>>71764231
>americans drink soda made with corn syrup
>>
>>71761760
>>71764076

If someone did that in my country he'd probably be on the national news.

I'm not even joking.
>>
>>71762144
You're a slave to your gut bacteria.
>>
>>71764461
I can stretch my appetite to eat a whole extra large pizza in one go, and then fast for a few days with nothing but water and multivitamins and just crunch my appetite right down.

The hard part is the first few days but with enough water and distractions it's not so bad. I fucking enjoy eating, but losing weight is fun. Starving only lasts for a few days. It's the carb craving that is the killer.
>>
>>71764485
What part of a cow does the pattie look like

What part of a potato does a fry look like.

what part of wheat does the bun look like.

dude had the biggest LMAO stoner attitude i've ever seen. his docudramas get so much worse as they go on.

He must have spent a fortune on editing to get that movie looking that good.
>>
>>71764076
tbqh the canned peas sound more disgusting than fast food every day

at least keep them frozen, if not fresh
>>
>>71764461
Maybe if you're a fat fuck and eat like shit. 1500 is more than enough for a normal man who works out. Fuck, 1000 is nothing special, that's already three nice meaty meals with salad.
>>
>>71764515
well there is this new craze i guess that is called "periodical fasting" where bascially you eat all your calorie and nutrient (all your meals) in bascially one sitting
and the thought process behind it is mostly that its better for your blood sugar levels if you only have 1 meal instead of several during the day
And i guess its more of a mental thing getting used to eating on diffrent days
>>
>>71761745
>A drink and burger with fries is roughly 1,000 calories
>Eats McDonalds 3 times a day
>Hurr durr fast food is evil, right guys? Look how fat I got!

Fuck this guy and fuck this movie. Go ahead and eat 3,000 calories of any type of food a day with no exercise and see how slim you stay.

Remember kids, everything in moderation.
>>
>>71764481
Nothing about addiction in the lawsuit. They thought mcd was healthy.
>>
File: 1459029641282.jpg (15 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1459029641282.jpg
15 KB, 500x359
>>71764552
>Maybe if you're a fat fuck and eat like shit.
well you are not wrong
>>
>>71764541
If you can't see the difference between a steak and the pink goo made from chicken bones that McDonalds uses you should get tested because you might actually be a retard.
>>
>>71764552
>1000 is nothing special

No, you don't workout and eat 1000 calories a day.
>>
>The reason for Spurlock's investigation was the increasing spread ofobesity throughout U.S. society, which theSurgeon Generalhas declared "epidemic", and the correspondinglawsuitbrought against McDonald's on behalf of two overweight girls, who, it was alleged, became obese as a result of eating McDonald's food (Pelman v. McDonald's Corp., 237 F. Supp. 2d 512).

Jesus Christ, fucking Americans.
>>
>>71762525
Don't understand people who drink regular coke now that there's light and zero as an option. baka.
>>
>>71764576
Well if you burn 3500 calories daily just by being a fat fuck then you'd obviously get the same results by eating 2500 calories a day which is still a lot.

>>71764610
Yeah I do.
>>
>>71762533
Who seriously eats fast food multiple times a day? Who can afford that?
Or do you mean like cerals for breakfast, subway/McDs for lunch and then a frozen pizza for dinner at home, that type of shit? Because I think a lot of people still do that.
>>
>>71764653
>Who can afford that?
Who can't afford that when it's 20 chicken nuggets for 3 dollars?
>>
>>71764642
>Yeah I do.

No you don't. Please put on a trip so you can be filtered and ignored in fitness discussion.
>>
>>71762566
I rarely eat at McDonald's and I'm ignorant, what is the chemical crap? Where are the chemicals in a burger, buns, chicken and potato fries? Pls do tell, they kinda always market with fresh local meat and ingredients here.
>>
>>71764642
>Well if you burn 3500 calories daily just by being a fat fuck
I doubt im that high, maybe around 2500-3000 but my diet is very irregular, mostly because there are days when i eat alot of "junk" food or sweets bascially, some days i kinda bing eat other days i dont eat very much at all
I used to weightlift a couple years ago but now i dont do any activites at all
>>
>>71764679
t. bubba mcburger
>>
>>71764552
Enjoy your no gains.
>>
>>71764552
>1500 is more than enough
you'd have to be a literal manlet to even have that be maintenance, let alone make gains
>>
>>71764767
It's obviously under maintenance. We were talking about weight loss, not "making gains".
>>
>>71762882
> tfw shitty metabolism and have to watch my calorie intake every day
Made it even worse by doing a drastic diet with 1200kcal for three months, if I eat any more than 1400 a day I'll gain weight again. I probably would've been fine on 1600 a day but I wanted to lose weight fast and now I'm trapped with a low calorie need.
>>
>>71764797
if what you are writing is actually true you are either very short and thin already or you should make sure to go to your doctor and talk to him about that
you could have anything from a gluten-allergy or something even more drastic
>>
>>71764515
This seems bad for you in the long run

>>71764485
What part of a cow looks like a steak?
>>
>>71764552
>1000
Lel, that's the absolute minimum even for women. It's enough if you want to end up a stick figure I suppose.
>>
>>71764842
the inside
>>
>>71764826
I'm a woman.
>>
>>71764918
im sure you know the rules
but still, the point stands
>>
>>71764918
post feet slut
>>
>>71764635
Because regular coke tastes better than zero or light
>>
>>71764635
Because coke light tastes like shit and coke zero is made with aspartame
>>
>>71765060
le he thinks aspartame is bad so he's rather obese man
>>
>>71764454
You don't understand what you're talking about. They literally can't stop you from putting McDonalds in a film.
>>
>>71764980
This.
It seems like only fatfucks take the Coke zero or light.
>>
>>71761745
There's no reason for the SS option to exist. If it was still here than McDonald's food would be in even worse quality than it is now.
>>
>>71764635
t. Nu-male
>>
>>71765118
I drink aspartame even though its bad for me. I figured less calories beats having a bigger appetite
>>
>>71765060
It tastes completely the same to me.
>>
>>71761745
Never understoond these kind of 'studies'. Of course it's bad for your body to eat too much fastfood, that's what 'too much' means
>>
>>71763673
Nah brah I'm just agreeing. Thank god you're here to tell us what people need.
>>
THATS A LOAD OF BOLOGNA
>>
>>71764684
There isn't any chemical crap. All that would be in McDonald's is grease and salt, like virtually any burger joint. McDonald's is actually healthier than most to begin with.
>>
File: FatHeadDirectorDVD.jpg (72 KB, 200x292) Image search: [Google]
FatHeadDirectorDVD.jpg
72 KB, 200x292
>>71761745
That movie was fake as fuck. Watch this instead
>>
>>71763063
xheck the calories on the dressing
>>
>>71762626
It's > not › you retard
>>
>>71766286
Fuck you this movie is also fake as fuck
>>
Why do people act like America is the only 1st world country with a weight problem

The UK and here in Australia are pretty bad too
>>
>>71769010
There's a big difference between being a little bit overweight and obese though.
>>
>>71769067
Look it up. Australians are like 30% obese. I don't know why people brush this under the rug.
>>
>>71769067
>UK
>bit overweight
My morning commute says otherwise
>>
>>71762190
Tell me your secrets on violating thermodynamics, Mr Sorcerer
>>
File: kek.gif (51 KB, 595x690) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
51 KB, 595x690
>>71769067
"little bit overweight"
>>
>>71761794
Which is a shame since the whole thing was bullshit, and no one's been able to reproduce his results.
>>
>people seriously thought some vegan with no scientific background would make an unbiased documentary about mcdonalds

I knew this shit was bullshit even when I saw it as a kid.
>>
File: Fit Nigger Myth.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Fit Nigger Myth.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>71769198
>"little bit overweight"

I blame American Niggers
>>
>>71769281
>I blame American Niggers

African American adults are nearly 1.5 times as likely to be obese compared with White adults.

Approximately 47.8 percent of African Americans are obese (including 37.1 percent of men and 56.6 percent of women) compared with 32.6 percent of Whites.
>>
>>71769337
>>71769281
spics are even worse

I'd wager that immigration and the black population boom affected obesity rates in the US more than actual nutrition did.
>>
>>71769281

Nationally, in 2011 to 2012, 20.5 percent of African American girls were obese compared with 15.6 percent of White girls, and 19.9 percent of African American boys were obese compared with 12.6 percent of White boys.
>>
>>71769281

The rates of deaths from heart disease and stroke are almost twice as high among African Americans than Whites.
>>
>>71761745
Lots of mcdonalds employees in this thread.
>>
Why do people think Niggers are athletic?

Only a small percentage of them are.

95% of Niggers are obese, diabetic, slobs waiting for their bucket o fried chicken & 4th heart attack.
>>
>tfw cant stop having enough of this burger

i get this at least 2 times a week
>>
File: 1467097134836.jpg (17 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1467097134836.jpg
17 KB, 285x279
>hating on based mcdonalds

why do people do this

there are much worse fast food chains out there; taste-wise, price-wise, and nutrition-wise

Although, I have to say I've stopped going since the dollar menu is practically dead at this point. I did enjoy being able to go there with only $3 and leave full.
>>
>Not building your diet according to this person
>>
A lot of fast food is actually pretty good and expensive these days. In fact I don't eat fast food anymore because it's expensive as shit now. Gone are the days of cheap dollar menu items.
>>
>>71769652
KFC is my go-to, too bad they don't exist in Sweden which I moved back to, otherwise Subway is superdecent for nutrition if you go all veggies except sweet corn, and either go no dressing or very little of it
>>
>>71768319
›be American
›can't understand basic humor
>>
>>71770849
You're confusing 'humor' with 'fishing for (You)'s'.
>>
>>71770907
It figures
>>
Chic-Fil-A is the only acceptable fast food choice and if you think otherwise you're either a faggot or have no taste (or both)
>>
>>71761760
Only every 2-3 weeks I go out for a burger unless I'm not at home.
>>
>>71762414
Not really. I always eat and drink that much whenever I get drunk and I weigh 175 which is pretty good for an amerifat.
>>
>>71762793
Sushi is gross though
>>
>>71769337
>African American adults are nearly 1.5 times as likely to be obese compared with White adults.

Well... there goes the big black buck nigger myth
>>
>>71762144

You don't know how to make a nice salad then
>>
>>71769463
>Why do people think Niggers are athletic?
>Only a small percentage of them are.
>95% of Niggers are obese, diabetic, slobs waiting for their bucket o fried chicken & 4th heart attack.

Cuz most Americans and sheltered liberals only know blacks from /tv/

I live in Atlanta, and I swear there are no black women under 220lbs here....
>>
>>71763023

You're right, but no one banned them from serving it, people have the right to make videos pointing out how unhealthy people were.
>>
>>71764161
>5k Diet on fucking ANYTHING will kill you
are you retarded? super fat fucks eat double or triple that easily.
>>
That fast food isnt for daily consumption.
>>
>>71764500
This pisses me off so much.

I can't eat leafy green vegetables (baby spinach, kale, etc). If I do, I have the shits and I swear it comes out looking like I did no digestion of it at all.

I can handle plain lettuce though, so thats cool. Just pisses me off my gut is so fucked.
>>
>>71764556
Its not really new (I guess no diet is). About 20 years ago or so I heard about that but it was called "the warrior diet" or some shit. One big meal was meant to simulate how people used to hunt all day, the come home and eat one meal or some shit.
>>
>>71771717
Everyone I know that is black is really healthy or morbidly obese. There's no middle ground.
>>
>>71764161
Dude who plays The Mountain on GoT said he eats like 12K a day.
>>
>>71772283
Haha, true.

Fit as fuck or fat as fuck. Wat up wit dat. Some older black people ive seen arent fit, but you can tell they were, they got that "old person fit" body.
>>
>>71769198
>2009
>>
>>71762453

this

McDonalds isn't as bad as mommy would have you believe. shit is packed with nutrition for its price. Plain and dry McDoubles are staples of bodybuilders
>>
>>71762701

this right here
why would you want to feel good long term?

I'm doing smack everytime I decide to feel good and it works. what's the point ?
>>
>>71762144
Try a salad with some meat in it. You might change your tune.
>>
>>71764579
>steak and the pink goo

What's the difference other than appearance?
>>
>>71761745
He even did it wrong because he always got a soda (drinking calories is the fastest way to gain weight. it's just so easy, they're so calorie dense) and super sized if they asked him to.

If you go every day and get the chicken cheese hamburger, then you'll be fine. Even if you go three times a day, all that matters is what you consume, and cheese or chicken hamburgers aren't that bad calorie wise.
health? not talking about health, we're talking about mcdonalds and weight. he had a thing to try everything on the menu at least once. that includes the stupid high calorie/high fat mcrib and chicken salads
>>
>>71762312
Haha those two black kids always make me laugh.
"You go on dat treadmill, do dem pushups, its gonna be aaaaallll fiiinnee"
"YO THATS BALONEY!!!"
"DATS BALONEY!!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.