[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>its a Data episode Damn the writers gave him some comfy plots.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: data holmes.png (2 MB, 1083x871) Image search: [Google]
data holmes.png
2 MB, 1083x871
>its a Data episode

Damn the writers gave him some comfy plots.
>>
Patrician episode desu
>>
He was the child version of Spock.

How the hell he couldn't understand slang was odd. It made him seem more limited then a computer.
>>
>>71760114
Computers do have more limitations than intelligent sentient lifeforms like a Vulcan. Data could probably dig up more knowledge in his database than Spock but would still find structural impairments as in with understanding the use of slang amogst people.
>>
>>71760078
I agree, this episode is peak comfy.
>when Data runs the pipe across those books
>>
File: heah.png (521 KB, 942x715) Image search: [Google]
heah.png
521 KB, 942x715
>>71760078
> Twist final act in which Moriarty turns out to be a total bro

I mean, it was probably the usual writing constraints making a conventional final confrontation scene unadvisable, but it still caught me completely by surprise back then.

Also, I read they originally intended for Picard's diplomatic arrangement to be complete BS (There's proof he was dicking M around about the limitations of the holodeck when they show earlier they could actually take the drawing outside it)
>>
>>71760078
>>71763681
>>
>it's a Data studies alien cultures for ideas on how to raise his child or plan a funeral despite the fact he was made by a human to look human and wants to be human and lives among mostly humans episode
>>
>>71760114
In "Unification", Data and Spock have a conversation about humanity.

Data points out that Spock - like Vulcans in general - has spent his life trying to suppress his emotions, which is the opposite of Data, who has spent his existence trying to learn human emotions.

It's such an on-the-nose, heavy-handed piece of dialogue. The writers are telling us, "No no no, they're COMPLETELY different characters you see?"
>>
File: data-is-taking-all-our-women.jpg (92 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
data-is-taking-all-our-women.jpg
92 KB, 694x530
Somebody post that webm of Data punching Dr. Crusher pls
>>
>>71766176
I'd agree with you if that wasn't Data's nature to point out obvious things.

The fact that Data is pointing it out in typical Data fashion is why I do like the scene.

Spock and him are in agreement; sharing a logical analysis on their differences.
>>
>>71766176
You kind of sound like a teenager who is only capable of understanding the explicit facts of a scene and none of the motivation behind it.
>>
>>71766374
I appreciate that the scene is in-character for Data, like the above anon said, but you have to admit that it does come across as though the writers are trying to make a riposte to the people who were saying "Oh, Data is just a Spock rip-off."
>>
holodeck episodes are best eps

>you were born too young for holodeck techology
>>
>>71766238
Do elaborate
>>
File: 1452712662939.jpg (213 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452712662939.jpg
213 KB, 750x1000
>>71768071
I want no fucking parts of post-scarcity.

The icing on the cake would be the cure for aging.

Then I'd very much sign up to be a member of the Ferengi Alliance.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.