[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still can't believe they fucked up a character this badly.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 630x354
I still can't believe they fucked up a character this badly.
>>
>>71758269
>Game of ''All white men are evil and need to die'' thrones.
>>
>Stephen "I didn't care at all, I was only there for my money lol" Dillane
awful performance
>>
>>71758269
Sad that they skipped one of my favorite parts from book stannis is when is jon observing the window into thier quarters at the wall, and sees a red light flickering from it, and he reflects what stannis, selyse, and mellisandre could be doing in there. It always spooked me a bit and wish they had included some of that mystery in the show more.
>>
I'm still in a state of disbelief as well.

He and Robb were unbelievably ruined. I can still remember how incredibly hyped I was for season two and how shocked I was at what they were doing to these characters.

Another instance where something is not better than nothing, I suppose. What a waste of a great and perfectly-cast actor.
>>
>>71758269
Even though stannis is not dead in the books isnt he pretty much headed there anyway? I recall him telling davos something like his crown would consume him and i thought that was pretty concise that his doom was inevitable. Also i agree with all posts here it was a big letdown.
>>
File: 1320444223742.png (409 KB, 491x584) Image search: [Google]
1320444223742.png
409 KB, 491x584
>>71758652
>It's a lawfag posts in a /got/ thread thread

But how was Robb ruined? I think his actor did Robb justice (can't blame him for the Volantis SJW fuckup)
>>
>>71758458
an overrated hack if there ever was one
>>
File: 1354853842645.jpg (207 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1354853842645.jpg
207 KB, 600x600
>>71758813
>”I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning… burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?”

I feel there's a 0% chance of Stannis surviving to the end. That being said, his character and journey were ruined which is what's upsetting. The battle for Winterfell seems to be heavily in his favor right now, and I think the Battle of Ice will be interesting. In Stannis's favor is the fact that GRRM likes to throw premonition on its head by making it either false or misinterpreted, so Stannis dying in his own dreams and in Dany's visions may be a sign of his potential survival.
>>
File: red-wedding.jpg (420 KB, 700x788) Image search: [Google]
red-wedding.jpg
420 KB, 700x788
>>71758869
I think the actor was fine, and very well-cast.

Robb marrying for "love" instead of a false sense of duty and a desperate willingness to emulate his father was maddening; additionally, it ruined a lot of fun speculation about the Westerlings (and Lannisters) manipulating Robb into betraying the Freys and losing the war. It was such a cliched fantasy story built up for the sake of a "shocking twist" and is exactly the type of thing GRRM has intentionally avoids in his writings.
>>
File: stannis vs 20 good men.webm (1 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
stannis vs 20 good men.webm
1 MB, 1280x718
>finest commander in all of westeros
>>
>>71759039

Is this the Guernica of fanart?
>>
>>71759039
desu I'm more pissed off that they made him fall in love with a character with bizarrely "anachronistic" sentiments ("I'm a lady from a great Volantian house that decided to be an unaligned medic in Westeros because lol a slave saved my brother from drowning")

>it ruined a lot of fun speculation about the Westerlings (and Lannisters) manipulating Robb into betraying the Freys and losing the war.

Huh. Never thought about that
>>
File: 1349230938451.jpg (218 KB, 740x1079) Image search: [Google]
1349230938451.jpg
218 KB, 740x1079
>>71759149
Really? There's quite a bit of evidence supporting it. Tywin Lannister himself provides a lot of it. When word reaches the Council that Robb married a Westerling (which are allies of the Lannisters) Tywin isn't peeved and mentions the Rains of Castamere, and how NO house would betray the Lannisters. Additionally, when Tyrion tells him about how Robb's winning all of the battles, he has his famous spiel about how not all battles are won with swords indicating that the war is being fought on other fronts and he's winning. Finally is the fact that Grey Wind hates the Westerlings and constantly growls at them and is unruly and uncontrollable in their presence. So much so that Robb has to have him locked up while Westerlings are around. It all points towards Jeyne Westerling being manipulated by her parents to seduce and marry Robb in order to break his alliance to the Freys.

It's all speculation, but there's enough evidence there to build a case, and I'm sure I'm missing some. Much more interesting than Robb falling in love with a spunky foreign girl and spending his screen time walking through sunny forests talking to her.
>>
File: 1467918255340.jpg (98 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1467918255340.jpg
98 KB, 500x531
>>71759243
>tfw the show has made you forget about all the crazy theories like this because it's so dumbed down (and half the interesting minor characters are dead)
>>
File: 1315115823011.jpg (62 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
1315115823011.jpg
62 KB, 300x260
>>71759299
>tfw the show passed up the opportunity to show Stannis partying with the mountain clans in order to win them over
>>
>>71758458
Still one of the best performances on the show.
>>
File: 1335759601679.png (83 KB, 243x252) Image search: [Google]
1335759601679.png
83 KB, 243x252
>>71759455
>tfw 'are Manderly gets a one minute cameo so Arya can make the Frey pies because she's an epic for the win l337 assassin now
>>
they want blood
>>
why he killed his daughter
>>
>>71759149
>Huh. Never thought about that
M80, Jeyne's mother gave her moon tea every week while pretending it was a fertility treatment. In Feast for Crows Jamie meets the Westerlinfs and talks about how they were loyal to the Lannisters all along. The Westerlings conspiring against Robb is a theory the same way Roose conspiring against Robb is a theory.
>>
>>71760917
I knew they were conspiring against Robb, but I thought it was only after Robb fucked Jeyne (not before)
>>
>>71759712
Because she holds no political future thanks to the greyscales infecting her.

Think about it, what nobles will follow a Queen who has a highly infectious disease that drives you insane in the later stages? She'd either die young or live long enough to become a Mad Queen ordering people executed for petty reasons.
>>
>>71759243
>It's all speculation, but there's enough evidence there to build a case

It's a good theory, but call me a romantic but I think even the most manipulative of characters successfully tricking two people into falling in love is kind of absurd.

The simple explanation is that they just fell victim to cupid's arrow. Greek tragedy and all that.
>>
>>71759069

The Boltons had way more horsemen vs Stannis than Ramsay vs Jon. Not even Littlefinger had that many horsemen to save the day at the last minute. Where did they all go?
>>
>>71761246
The sellswords were disgusted by Stannis burning Shireen, and when they left they took the horses as well
>>
>>71761267
He's talking about ramsey's cavalry

there were much less of them when he fought against jon

where did the rest go?
>>
>>71761246
>>71761297

plot/budget required them to be gone.
>>
>>71758269

It makes perfect sense. Stannis represents social conservatism. He opposes cucking and is the primary enemy of Cersei who cucked his brother. He opposes the homosexual Renly. He opposes incest whenever he sees it. He is married and together with his wife and a child. Having him burn his daughter was the way for the progressive Jewish showrunners to signal the death of the traditional family. Look at all the characters now in the show that are orphaned, gay, or incestuous this show is a progressive propaganda project.
>>
File: 1396889941149.jpg (712 KB, 789x1200) Image search: [Google]
1396889941149.jpg
712 KB, 789x1200
>>71761114
Well, they weren't tricked into falling in love. Jeyne may of come to love Robb over time, but Robb did not love her.

She was pushed to have sex with him while he was injured and under the influence of sedatives. He tried to follow in his father's footsteps by marrying her so she wouldn't be deflowered and disgraced. Additionally, he did not want to sire a bastard after witnessing what life for one was like with Jon Snow. So he married her to preserve her honor and ensure that there was not a bastard born. Love had very little to do with it, and it was a good plan, if true.
>>
>>71761459
Yes lets look at the bastion of social conservatism.

>Apostate and heretic who joined a human sacrificing cult
>adulterer who fucked Melly
>kinslayer using blood magic to kill his brother and daughter
>>
>>71758458
fuck no
best actor in the show
>>
>>71761604

Everyone is a heretic to someone else. And that is exactly my point they made him burn his daughter and such so that no character in the entire show cares about family really. Tyrion murdered his father, Daenerys watch her brother die, etc.
>>
>>71761459
pottery
>>
File: Brienne_Kills.jpg (46 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
Brienne_Kills.jpg
46 KB, 620x348
>>71761604

> Adopts a superior religion to the one he had previously
> Has polygny (sex with multiple women) and even gets his wife to accept it well opposing polyandry (women having sex with multiple men) and cucking
> kills his faggot brother

The only thing that is out of place is murdering his daughter which is show only and added by the Jewish showrunners after 20 good men to demonize him. That way Brienne could use the sword of feminism to destroy the patriarchy.
>>
>>71761473
Okay I must of skimmed over that part in the book. The TV show just has them fall in love as young attractive idealistic people tend to do with each other
>>
>>71761800
>Olenna and Sandsnakes rule Dorne
>Danaerys rules the Dothrakis, Meereen, Yunkai, Qarth
>Cersei rules the Seven Kingdoms
>Yara Greyjoy will rule the iron islands
>Brienne beats the motherfucking hound, arguably the strongest warrior in the kingdoms
>Sansa may well be Queen in the North

Having strong female characters is one thing...
>>
>>71758269
They literally couldn't even remember how they introduced him
>>
>>71763012
The Hound was also in worse form than Merryn Fuckin' Trant when he lost that fight, so not much of a claim
>>
>>71763150
In the books. In the show he was fine, as far as I remember? They had the bite wound and hints that it would fester but then it was pretty much forgotten about
>>
>>71763184
His wound was rotting from what I remember
>>
>>71761082
You're missing that the disease was actually halted, and that Shireen isn't even a bearer of its contagious purposes by now.

There's actually been a ton of a speculation regarding how Stannis successfully spared her of greyscale but no one's been able to answer it.

Anyways she's cutie. I'd marry her greyscale or not.
>>
>>71763301
>You're missing that the disease was actually halted
Val disagrees
>>
>>71763335
Ah forgot about that.

Can't it simply be that she'd be in disbelief that the greyscale infection was interrupted?

As far as I know, Shireen's the only ever case to have undergone that.
>>
>>71763335
>Dumb wildling
>Knowing more than a maester
>>
>>71758269
They didn't actually.

In the books he's even more even and ambitious, he was always written like that, it's only bookfags who get stuck on small details because of their immense autism.
>>
>>71763377
>even

Meant evil.
>>
>>71763365
Other people have been "cured", it just required severing the limb
>>71763377
>Grey Jews
>Not always lying
>>
>>71763402
>Other people have been "cured", it just required severing the limb
Do you think that here, they've merely amputated her infected feminine penis?

Ladies and gentlemen, after the "Lyanna was a trap" you've all grown to love, /tv/ now presents its "Shireen's was a trap" theory.

*clap clap*
>>
>>71763184
>>71763209
Arya mentions he's moving a lot slower. Twice, I think.
>>
>>71763569
And his neck wound looked pretty festy
>>
>>71763012
>Jon is King in the North
>Euron is King of the Iron Islands
>Daario Naharis rules the Bay of Dragons
>Edmure rules the Riverlands
>Littlefinger rules the Vale
>Night's King rules the Far North

>muh SJW boogieman!
>>
>>71764182
>Jon is King in the North

Worthless manlet that had to be saved by Sansa in the battle of the bastards.

> Euron is King of the Iron Islands

Euron is just there as a counter to the strong lesbian character Yara.

> Daario Naharis rules the Bay of Dragons

Daario is and has been subservient to Daenerys a young girl who put him in that position.

> Edmure rules the Riverlands

Edmure was stuck in the cells by the Freys who were only ever defeated by the stronk female character Arya. He is weak from years of imprisonment.

> Littlefinger rules the Vale

He is already being pushed aside by Sansa.

> Night's King rules the Far North

The Night's king is irrelevant, he is admitted to be absolute evil by the showrunners so he is just a bad guy they put in there for their stronk female character Daenerys to beat. You really had to try hard to try to find males that have any role in this story did you? lel
>>
>>71764182
i'm not saying that there aren't powerful male characters, too, but desu Westeros is a feminist wet dream right now. only relevant people on your list are Littlefinger and Jon, though.
>>
>>71758458
nothing wrong with the actor, it was clear they gave him no direction at all
>>
File: 1384171897468.jpg (34 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
1384171897468.jpg
34 KB, 279x279
>>71758269
>stannisfags STILL can't get over their faggot character getting rekt like the faggot he was
you can't make this shit up
>>
>>71764458

Clearly you are the one that is a faggot
>>
>>71763377
>small details

Small details make a character interesting. You know, characterization and stuff.
>>
>>71759069
how did the boltons breed giant horses? was it Qyburn?
>>
Stannis was best whenperched over a map of Westeros like an angry gargoyle, grinding his teeth seething mad at the fools who took his kingdom from him, on his stormy dark island fortress.
>>
It's the >golden age of television bro, they made him more deep than in the shitty pulp novels and aspies can't handle it.
>>
>>71766193
>they made him more deep

Get yourself checked for mental retardation. The kike showrunners ruined him from the start because he was a male character and this is a socially progressive propaganda project to push faggotish degeneracy.
>>
>>71759149

This was really retarded in the show
>be unaligned wandering medic
>be some type of pacifist
>see King
>give him grief to his face for commanding an army in a time of war, call him a killer
>King is so charmed by how forward I am about my utter disrespect and lack of faith in authority, politics and the structures surrounding his position that he makes me his Queen
>start walking around like you're somebody important, making sure to get a word in every time the King makes a command

Game of Thrones is pretty much about a nation of classic medieval Lords giving birth to the 2010s generation
>>
>>71766253
lol stannis doesn't even kill his own daughter in the books how can he be deep then?
>>
>>71758920
>”I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning… burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash.

It's Viserys.

The prophesies are literal most of the time. And the irony here is that Stannis will probably die in the snow.
>>
>>71761297
Maybe Stannis took a ton of them down with him?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.