[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think about this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: warcraft-movie-poster-qMK0.jpg (520 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-movie-poster-qMK0.jpg
520 KB, 2048x1536
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think about this movie?
>>
Never played any Warcraft, but I though it was an alright fantasy flick. Special effects were pretty nice and the Orcs were surprisingly interesting. I'd be down to watch a sequel.
>>
>>71752182
Garbage. I don't understand why people say that you have to be a Warcraft fan to like it. I'm a fan of the RTS games and this game has very little in common with the original game storywise.
>>
4 letter word

K I N O
>>
>>71752747
It's fanboy deflection. Usually followed by some Marvel or DC comment because if you dislike this objectively shit movie you're immediately X
>>
>>71752182
wasn't ground breaking but it was pretty good, im definitely going to see the next one, and hopefully more if they keep making them.

as a person who has played warcraft and WoW, I thought there was a tasteful amount of fan service in this movie.

>the murloc
>meeting stone in the background of a scene
>Gul'Dan life tapping things
>the polymorph
>the orcs saying zug zug
there were a few others. Even the ridiculously cheesy delivery of FOR AZEROTH by lothars son was well done, felt like they brought the game to life.
>>
>>71752795
you don't seem to know what the word "objectively" means, anon.
>>
>>71752182

As a long time WoW gaymer, it was solid entertainment with great easter eggs.

Great nostalgia.
>>
I thought it was good, but i feel like it needed to be longer. Some scenes ended when they clearly weren't supposed to.

Also needed to show more battles between orcs and humans, even a montage or something to show their destruction

Didn't like the actors for the apprentice mage or the king

Besides that i enjoyed it
>>
File: i71^cimgpsh_orig.jpg (26 KB, 108x110) Image search: [Google]
i71^cimgpsh_orig.jpg
26 KB, 108x110
I already forgot it existed
>>
The only good things about it were Foster and the guy who played Gul'dan

Everything else was terrible
>>
File: 1467291720523.jpg (40 KB, 541x633) Image search: [Google]
1467291720523.jpg
40 KB, 541x633
>>71752182
Kino as fuck

Can't wait for the directors cut.
>>
Shitty movie, but had quite a good laugh throughout.

After a decent set-up with the orcs in Draenor, it then proceeds to shit itself once the action moves to Azeroth as the pacing goes all over the place and nothing is really explained for non-fans. Why is the King in a tavern? Wait, why's he in a morgue now? Why did the bad actor wizard tag along? When can we go back to the orcs who at least have decent actors?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9To3QSxwAmQ
>>
Felt asleep after half an hour
>>
>>71754085
>He thinks there will be a director's cut
HAHAHA there won't.

The shitty 2 hour version is all you will get
>>
>>71755969
Hi dad
>>
Feels like nothing happened in it, problem was they wanted to somewhat follow the first war's story but the first war was boring as fuck.

Problem is the second war is much longer and people just want to get Arthas' saga on screen but you can't just skim over the Tauren, Night Elves, High Elves downfall, all the named characters not in the Arthas story etc
>>
>>71752565
same
didn't have a problem at all following the lore, down for a sequel
>>
>>71752747
are you the oldfag who only played 1 or 2?
humanizing orc started since 3
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.