[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a good or a bad guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1422335297326.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422335297326.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
Was he a good or a bad guy?
>>
>>71751232
He was just right, like the FUCKING TEMPO.

Guess this movie is too much for audiences today.

Protip: The kid died in a car crash, he never made it to the concert.
>>
just a guy
>>
File: mateen1.png (347 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
mateen1.png
347 KB, 620x620
Was he a good or a bad guy??
>>
>>71751232
>Verbally abusive bully who holds a meaningless position of "power" uses his authority to wreck the psychological well being of a bunch of younger Americans
>Good guy
>>
He was a self-important contradiction in terms.

Jazz is improvisation
orchestra is controlled reproduction

How the fuck does jazz orchestra exist?
>>
He was a human bean.
>>
>>71751383

That's the point. The whole movie is a critique of these inane jazz schools.
>>
>>71751361
depends if you say allahu akbar daily
>>
>>71751367

He did it for that drum solo at the end, that smile we'll never see.
>>
>>71751232
are you literally fucking 14?
>>
>>71751232
He's a bald guy
>>
I think he was a good guy.

The ending can be taken one of two ways depending on how you viewed the dynamic between the protag and Simmons.
>>
>>71751232
he was a guys obsessed over music, thats really stupid desu, like if those details change the quality of the music, is just noise coming out of a piece of junk, is also the fault of the protagonist
>>
Personally I don't think either of the two main characters were good. I think we were supposed to realize that these two dudes are despicable human beings that are talented as a result of their asshole personalities.
>>
This thread made me love this movie more than I did before.
>>
File: 1467515464267.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1467515464267.webm
2 MB, 720x304
Fletcher was a type of father figure for Nieman

Nieman's father is a cuck dad, no mother

Fletcher makes Nieman bust his ass

Nieman views Fletcher as a father figure

It's not complicated to understand
>>
>>71751232
Big guy
>>
>>71753415
guess it's better to be a doodbro and give up your dream just to be with a girl
>>
>>71753576
This. Nieman rejects his father at the end and returns to Fletcher whule his father watches as he gets cucked.
>>
IM UPSET
>>
>>71753684
There's a place for all personalities. The point of the film, in my opinion, is that the romanticization of hard-working, tunnel vision individuals is not right. There's a point where you have to stop being so career-oriented or you'll just piss everyone off.
>>
>>71751232
he was a Big Guy.
no seriously, he looked kinda buffed the whole movie
>>
NOT
>>
>>71754375
QUITE
>>
>>71754496
MY
>>
>>71754692
HOWEVER
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.