[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dark Tower /general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
I don't care that Idris Elba is black, and I like him in other movies.
My problem with his casting is that he's so friggin' healthy and virile.

I don't know about you guys but I always pictured Roland as a much scrawnier man:

>walks thousands of miles
>eats nothing but a piece of jerky for three days >roams a windy desert for years

how could this dude have anything but stringy, lean muscle and weathered features?

Idris Elba is such a big guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

^also, i would love if they got the rights to this song, if only because it was tragically wasted in it's tGtB&tU scene and The Dark Tower is the series it deserves.

inb4 WE
>>
/NIGGER/ GENERAL
>>
>>71750495
For you
>>
>>71750715
perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man, before reloading two revolvers simultaneously and ignoring all physical mechanics of guns?
>>
>>71750495
Why film a book and then ignore everything the book stated about the characters? It just seems weird. If they really want their shitty propaganda, make something of your own. Don't take a good story and then change it to whatever fits your mind set.

Fuck lazy Hollywood productions.
>>
File: image.png (85 KB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
image.png
85 KB, 388x218
>>71750521
U mad
>>
>>71751088
if you think roland's characterization boiled down to "muh whiteness'' you need read more than just the cliffnotes
>>
>>71751182
It isn't. But him being a Clint Eastwood lookalike revolver hero is. Also them changing these facts shows how low the director and actors feel about the source material.
>>
>>71751088
You don't know SHIT about adapting works for the screen. Many considerations, including profitability and marketability, are just too much for fucking mouthbreathing morons like yourself to comprehend.

Also, you intolerant faggot, I doubt you've ever complained about The Shining. Sieg heil amirite? Fuck off back to /B/. (Your not smart enough to have come from /POL/)
>>
>>71751145
cuck
>>
WE
>>
>>71751088
literally fucking this

don't use my beloved TD for furthering shitty partisan goals>>717511
>>
>>71751293
>>71751088

>Autsim General

Stephen King is fully behind Idris Elba being cast. "To me, the color of the gunslinger doesn't matter. What I care about is how fast he can draw...and that he takes care of the ka-tet."
>>
>>71751182
did you even read the books? a majority of the second book's plot is focused around Detta's racism against Roland for being white
>>
>>71751388
>profitability
>putting a nigger as the lead
lel you goddamn 2016 cuck.
>>
>>71751388
If after doing the marketability and profitably analysis on a certain adaption you realize its only viable if you destroy the characters and the characterization in the process why still do it?

>/B/
>/POL/
you have to go back
>>
>>71751489
the point of Detta is that she just hate's roland and he doesn't even notice because he doesn't think about race, he has the same level of disinterest in anybody.

if they want her to hate on a black roland and he has the same reaction to it it'll be pretty based.
>>
>>71751388
Stanley Kubrick is a fucking hack for the same reasons I just mentioned. His version of Lolita is fucking horrible and butchered the original idea behind the novel. I'm no fucking hypocrite.

That being said. I know there are loads of considerations to take in when funding a film. I said this movie is going to be bad because it completely ignores the source material and that it's obviously done because of marketing reasons.

I do not visit /b/ nor /pol/.

Also calling me ignorant doesn't make me wrong, bring some decent arguments instead of calling me names.
>>
>>71751575
I suggest you re-read the series, or at least book 2 again.

>dud-a-cuck
>>
>>71751388
>intolerant faggot

oxymoron spotted
>>
>>71751670

lobstrosity scum
>>
>>71751487
Stephen King is an idiot who it seems like has lost his mind. All his latest books are horrible and the desicion he made to release The Dome is completely ununderstandable. Just because the author shares his opinion doesn't mean they aren't ignoring the books themes and characters.
>>
>>71751487
King stopped caring how much they fucked up his books in movies by 12th one
>>
>>71751388
>>71751643
Please react, anon. Or are you out of things to say?
>>
>>71750495
Roland was always described as gaunt. He was basically Clint Eastwood.
>>
>>71751388
>wah wah people are disagreeing with me!
>its 2016 anyone who has a different opinion must be a RACIST and STUPID
>>
>>71751809

>2017
>see this movie
>opening shot has black roland doing crossfit across the desert
>arrives in tull
>"hamburger please"
>allie pulls out three pounds of lean meat
>"and some muscle milk"

>meets jake
>benches jake across the mountains
>deadlifts a slow mutant

>meets man in black
>they refresh /fit/ to see roland's future

>goes to sleep for ten years
>wakes up with another 26g

hate when they retcon characters.
>>
>>71750495
>it was tragically wasted in it's tGtB&tU scene
Nigga wut? It MADE that scene as tense as it was
>>
>>71751670
>dad-a-cock
>>
>>71752044

you mean it fucking saved the scene

watch a movie with good music editing like spirited away and you'll see that every shot is connected to the music.

leone just slapped the greatest stuff Ennio gave to him on the finished scene without any thought for how they should be edited together.

which is weird, because the rest of the movie isn't like this.

that scene really feels like it was made last minute.
>>
File: k.jpg (24 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
24 KB, 850x850
>>71752370
>unironically bashes the final scene of The Good The Bad & The Ugly
>unironically uses kid's cartoons as an example of how it's done right
>>
>>71752044
>>71750495

i'll forgive you for this, but (its*)
>>
>>71752516
>final scene

nigga what

the ecstacy of gold scene is a good twenty five minutes from the credits

>the last duel
>the last conversation
>the empty gun
>the hanging
>the final scream

watch the fucking movie
>>
>>71750495
Has anyone thought that this black Roland thing might be something out of drawing of the 3 and Roland might just be stuck in a black body?
>>
what the hell is dark tower
>>
>>71752763

elaborate please, i haven't read these since i was in middle school.
>>
THE BOOKS NEVER SAID HE WASN'T A BLACK MAN
>>
>>71752763
yeah, actually curious about this theory
are you saying that this a different recursion, not the one in our series, but one from the future/past?
>>
File: 1467079045584.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1467079045584.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>71750495
>a big guy.
>>
File: jake .jpg (21 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
jake .jpg
21 KB, 600x429
>>71750495
>>71753550
he didn't fly so good
>>
File: sure.jpg (2 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
sure.jpg
2 KB, 125x115
>>71750495
>tragically wasted
>>
>it's an americuck cuckold cuckingly worships blacks cuckpost
>>
File: 6-image001[1].jpg (181 KB, 896x1399) Image search: [Google]
6-image001[1].jpg
181 KB, 896x1399
Don't worry white boi, Susan Delgado will be a blonde white girl like in the books.
>>
>>71753979
>Delgado
>making her white

not a chance kemosabe, the SJW's will be screaming for what is clearly a "strong latina woman"
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.