[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie is fucking ***SAVAGE***. Are there any other good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 12
File: green room.jpg (158 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
green room.jpg
158 KB, 1200x630
This movie is fucking ***SAVAGE***.

Are there any other good modern horrors with this gaspar noe tier violence and hopelessness?
>>
How's summer vacation treating you so far?
>>
That movie is a silly and boring piece of shit. Just like you.
>>
>>71745099
>>71745106
Lol wew are there going to be counterpoints or are you both satisfied with these non-arguments?

If you thought it was boring I imagine you turned it off before the body was discovered.
>>
>>71745132
Counterpoints to what? All you did was ask for recommendations. Do your own digging.
>>
>>71745132
The number of shills for this movie is amazing. How much a post? I'm tired of doing this for free.
>>
>>71745046
>This movie is fucking ***SAVAGE***.
It has ONE short gruesome scene. Even SAW VI has better gore.
>>
>>71745187
Whether anything of this quality is currently being made by somebody else. I think Martyrs is comparable in terms of what I'm thinking about. This movie was slightly less punishing to the protagonists, but I mean anything where there is no plot armor and a brutal learning curve for survival within the rules of the film.

>>71745236
i'll admit the shilling is blatant but I actually watched it and ended up enjoying it. I had been avoiding it exactly because the shilling was so bad, but I would say it is worth it.
>>71745236
Saw violence feels fake
>>
File: 3224545664.gif (2 MB, 452x254) Image search: [Google]
3224545664.gif
2 MB, 452x254
>>
>>71745974
What movie's that m8?
>>
Frontier(s) is a french film with similliar themes/premise and levels of violence.
>>
I actually enjoyed this one...

but when gimpy tries to load a shotgun with one hand instead of killing the dude with machete... literally my gf and I almost dropped it
>>
>>71745974
Cold In July
>>
Midnight Meat Train
Eden Lake
Dog Soldiers

good films if you like Green Room
>>
File: Neighbor2009.jpg (48 KB, 520x745) Image search: [Google]
Neighbor2009.jpg
48 KB, 520x745
>>
>>71746233
Midnight meat train was fun but it wasn't really harrowing.
>>
Green Room was disappointing really, Blue Ruin was much better.
>>
>>71746397
I enjoyed green room more, but I don't think the two are comparable since one is a thriller and the other is a horror movie.
>>
>>71746603
are you shitting me, they are almost the same movie and green room is certainly not a horror movie

the dialogue, the action and the cinematography is almost identical
>>
>>71745222
>from the shills who brought you The Babadook & It Follows
>>
You aren't allowed to start a thread saying you like a movie on /tv/. You have to saw you hated it if you want positive replies.
>>
>>71746678
>green room is not a horror movie

What are you on brev.

The Blue Ruin is a thriller, and specifically is a tale of revenge. The protagonist kills most of the people who die in the movie.

In green room most of the protagonists are killed, and their deaths are gruesome and intended to be disturbing.

How is it not a horror? lmao
>>
>>71745046
it's a great film, a solid 8/10
other similar movies are :

the raid redemption
donkey punch
eden lake
blue ruin
the loved ones
10 cloverfield lane
>>
>>71746233
>Dog Soldiers

Wut.
>>
>>71746886
>10 cloverfield lane

pls no trolling, this a thread for serious respondents only.
>>
>>71746830
gruesome deaths can be an element of horror movies but it doesnt make a movie a horror movie, green room has some minor horror elements but i would still classify it as a thriller, there are horrifying elements in it but its not the focus of the movie.
>>
>>71745046
A movie cannot actually be gaspar noe tier if it has a scene of the main character covered in facepaint shouting "I'm Odin himself!" before taking out the evil bad guys. It's an ok movie but watch some goddamn Takashi Miike, shit.
>>
>>71747057
How is Takashi Miike any better?
>>
>>71747010
i'm not trolling
10 cloverfield is a great intense movie
its not a gore fest but its similar to what op is looking for
>>
>>71747057
Movie definitely suffers after he goes full autist there, but there wasn't much time left anyway so the mood wasn't entirely ruined. I didn't enjoy most of the introduction, except for the fact that their naivete contributed to the futile nature of their predicament.

I will check him out, do you recommend anything to watch first that captures the aspects of this movie which were not faggy?
>>
>>71747112
>>71747057
they're both hacks
>>
>>71745106
>>71745099

Wait, does /tv/ not like this movie? Watched it the other day and liked it a lot. More than his previous movie Blue Ruin in fact.
>>
>>71747057
Movie wasn't gaspar noe btw, just the violence.
>>
>hopelessness
Maybe on the first half
The second half, all thinks work out and the heroes kill everyone.
Because you burgers cannot handle an unhappy ending.
Green room could've been a 7/10 if they've maintained the hopelessness and desperation.
>>
People were ranting and raving how violent this movie was but it didnt even have that much
I was expecting blood and guts everywhere half the shit they didnt even show
Its a good movie but holy shit is it overrated on this board
>>
>>71747045
I don't see how you can think that horror isn't the core genre brev, they are literally being hunted like animals.
>>
>>71747159
/tv/ loves it. But there's been nonstop threads about it since it leaked online so people are just sick of it now.
>>
I felt for the mem and saw it, is nothing from another world and the ending is so bad. This cold have been great but it felt short
>>
>>71747210
I thought the violence felt slightly more realistic than the average gore fest which is why I liked it. There were also aspects of the sound mixing that I think made the deaths effective. The dog maulings were punctuated by very silent fluidy sounds rather than snarling and screaming, which I found effective. Its terrifying to imagine having your throat ripped out and your life essentially over while taking several minutes to choke on your own blood.

Also the murder of the guy who dove through the window wasn't violent, but I find the powerlessness of him realizing his mistake and being lowered to the ground then slaughtered with a cleaver disturbing.

Overall it wasn't the goriest thing you will ever see, but I think the banality of violence was the theme of the movie, and it worked.
>>
>>71747139
13 Assassins comes to mind
>>
>>71747218
because its just one group against another, its not more horror than saving private ryan, there is no horror atmosphere, its just a tense stand-off for the most part
>>
>>71747397
lol its not a stand off because one group has an overwhelming force superiority.

I think you're trolling, or your arguments are so weak and misguided that they are indistinguishable from trolling.
>>
>>71747139
2000s Cronenberg too. A History of Violence, Eastern Promises, both good films showcasing brutal violence between characters while maintaining a tone consistent with their content.
>>
>>71747492
I've seen both of those and I liked them a lot for the same reasons. Thanks m8, 13 assassins appears to be a bit more action oriented than I was imagining but i'll check it out nonetheless.
>>
>>71747541
It's big scale and more along the lines of Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven, but still the basic principle of small group of heroes vs. massive multitudes of enemies, and it's violent.
>>
>>71746830
you're a fucking dumbfuck
>>
>>71747706
Not an argument.
>>
>>71747731
but an accurate statement
>>
>>71747706
The only definition of a horror film is the audience it intends to invoke in the audience. Green Room, for the bulk of the film, is about scaring and horrifying the audience with suspense and gore. That's horror.
>>
>horror
nah, action thriller
>>
NAZI PUNKS
NAZI PUNKS
>>
I'm just glad the director used Macon Blair again I love that guy
>>
>>71747845
Firstly, I thought the director was the guy who played the homeless brother from Blue Rain.

Secondly, that guy looks exactly like derek waters in this movie.
>>
>>71746351
it was hopeless though, every action Bradley Cooper takes is ultimately pointless in the end
>>
>>71747439
dude its just two groups who negotiate and shoot each other, the horror part of it plays a very minor role.
>>
I liked Eastern Promises and that other movie with Viggo, Violence something. I think they are both directed by Cronenberg. I like them both. It has nice violence, not to sound edgy
>>
>>71747971
Yeah but the underground gargoyles or watever tf shatters my suspension of disbelief
>>71748019
They were both mentioned earlier....
>>
>>71745046
eden lake is the closest i can think of in tone
funny games is brutal/hopeless
some french horror like: high tension/frontiers as well

i think "the strangers" had a lot of tension and is pretty underrated, the home invasion genre is probably quite similar to the "siege" feel of this movie, so maybe something like straw dogs, or another french one "ils"
>>
>>71748070
> the underground gargoyles or watever tf shatters my suspension of disbelief
do you into cosmic horror? utter pleb.. stick to thrillers
>>
>>71745046
>horror
I thought it was a siege film.
>>
File: 1467488159969.png (235 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
1467488159969.png
235 KB, 900x700
>>71745046
A lot of b8 in this thread, but the most obvious is OP
>>
>>71748151
Which Funny Games is better, remake or original? I have been thinking about watching at least other one
>>
>>71745046
is it better than blue ruin?
i havent seen neither and i want to know which one is a better use of my time
>>
>>71748151
I've meant to check out eden lake and strangers for a while. French seem to know whats up with atmosphere in their horror movies. I liked Martyrs a lot even though its sort of shlocky.

Thanks m8, I think you get what I was asking for. Much appreciated.
>>
>>71748234
American version is a shot for shot remake. Pick the version with the language you understand best
>>
>>71748282
Blue Ruin is good, but it isn't great.
>>
>>71748320
this
I've seen both but like the American version better because its my native language, and it feels newer just because they had better cameras to work with
They're essentially the same exact movie though just with different actors
>>
>>71748320
Thanks anon. If there really isn't much of a difference i could as well watch the original. Also for OP, it's been years since i saw the movie but i think Them (Ils) might be something worth watching. It was pretty tense.
>>
>tfw Anton Yelchin pulls his arm back through the doorway after dropping the gun

My arm started hurting 2bh
>>
>>71748234
>Which Funny Games is better, remake or original? I have been thinking about watching at least other one

They are basically fucking identical, shot-for-shot, with the same director. It boils down to if you are OCD for the "authentic" original movie or if you'd rather listen to german or english. Both are great.
>>
>>71748310
np

> I liked Martyrs a lot even though its sort of shlocky
a lot of french horror iv seen is like this, but instead of full camp/gratification like american slashers they root it firmly in hellish grit and drag you through the broken glass start to finish. french horror can be really trying, eden lake is a bit like that too. its cool how each country has their own style of horror
>>
File: mindblown.gif (2 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
mindblown.gif
2 MB, 500x207
Horns is an ok movie i guess
>>
>>71745046
How many hate groups hate to death Green Room? Hello dixies out here.
>>
>>71748590
as a fan of aja, its weird that hes working with daniel radcliffe now.. i didn't like the look of this movie, is it actually a horror?
>>
>>71748590
>>71748661
lel it looks shaun of the deadish to me.
>>
>>71748195
What song is that riffing off of?
>>
File: wrong turn 6.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
wrong turn 6.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>71748691
>>71748661
It's sort of a supernatural thriller but the ending kind of derails everything that seemed good. Then again, i have ashit taste in horror movies considering the Wrong Turns are a guilty pleasure of mine
>>
>>71748798
wrong turn is a decent slasher. for some reason it stuck with me because i remember them up in the trees, when they first go into the cabin, and that dude getting an arrow to the head. sometimes horror seems shit, but then it sticks in your head more than the other movies you see

you'll probably really like the hills have eyes remake (aja) if u haven't seen it. sequel is shit as usual though

cold prey is a decent foreign slasher series
>>
File: hatchet 2 gif.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
hatchet 2 gif.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>>71748983
Loved the Hills Have Eyes remake, probably my favourite horror movie. Hatchet is a pretty decent slasher too. I always think of that scene and the escape from the house scene. both of those scared the shit out of me when i was younger.
>>
>>71749065
interesting how in horror one persons trash is another persons treasure.

i fucking hated hatchet and the leslie vernon movie. trying so damn hard.

like that gif...what the fuck happened, he just "ripped the guy open" ? fucking stupid.
>>
>>71749065
cheers, i actually watched the trailer for hatchet just yesterday and put it on my to watch list, so i'll get to it

HHE was my fav horror when it came out too, i still remember that shot of the baseball bat on top of the freezer when hes trying to get out, and that scene where the kid says "there are people or something in these hills" and the siren starts blaring.. that put chills down my spine
>>
>>71749146
> he just "ripped the guy open" ? fucking stupid
yeh slashers aren't for you m8
>>
>>71749233
you might like Bone Tomahawk

>>71749311
i've forgotten more horror movies than you've ever seen friendo
>>
Who /davidhess/ here?
>>
>>71749393
he had some good moments in Swamp Thing but LHOTL will always be what he is remembered for
>>
>>71748757
>song
wew lad
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - Robert Frost
>>
File: wrong turn 2 split.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
wrong turn 2 split.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>71749146
I guess each to his own, i really like over the top gory movies with crazy deaths.
>>
>>71747234
don't know what your smoking, this is the first positive thread I have seen for green room
>>
The violence wasn't THAT bad. I'm surprised that /tv/ has reacted that strongly to it. I thought anyone who came here was desensitized to some degree.
>>
File: gay poops.jpg (35 KB, 582x310) Image search: [Google]
gay poops.jpg
35 KB, 582x310
did her parents hate her or something
>>
>>71745046
DUDE EPIC

>>71745099
>>71745106
this
>>
>>71747119
10 cloverfield was mediocre
>>
>>71750425

Hah, gay poots
>>
>>71747731
but he's right
>>
>>71749065
LOL it literally just looked like the monster opened the dudes shirt to revealed that the dude didnt have any skin.
>>
>>71745974
Can't believe Green Room had an Asian in the film.
I thought it was the neo punk scene but you know those diversity checks...
>>
>>71745046
>hand/arm get ABSOLUTELY FUCKING REKT in the door scene
>oh well ill wrap some duct tape around my arm and never mention it again

How the fuck did he do anything after that? You'd go into shock or pass the fuck out with an injury like that... Much less be functioning in a physical sense. He was climbing up and down like what the fuck...
>>
>>71751461
duct tape the cure for all wounds in this movie
>>
>>71751461
The adrenaline of having to fight for your life, though. It's improbable, but possible
>>
>>71751461
Yeah the climbing shit with him was silly. He probably shouldn't have been able to physically resist that guy when they were fighting over the shotgun either.

Only shit that bothered me really.
>>
*cough* hotline miami in a movie *cough*
>>
>>71752492
i see the comparison, especially with the dogs.. but not really. john wick has closer scenes

>>71751461
>>71752147
le movie medical experts, how fun.
>>
>>71747317
>murder
>not violent
>>
>>71753145
Murders can be not violent
>>
>>71748310
do not bother with strangers, i watched it recently after seeing praise on here and it was terrible. one of the shittiest horror movies i have ever seen, absolute garbage
>>
>>71753901
Oh yeh, what was shit about it?
>>
You might want to check out Kill List, it's a slow burn for the first half or so but it's great
>>
>>71748590
It's terrible. Just read the book.
>>
>>71745046
>gaspar noe tier violence
it's no where even near that level though

i mean to find something as nauseating as irreversible shouldn't be compared to this
>>
File: Xtb590T.jpg (52 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
Xtb590T.jpg
52 KB, 600x407
You know what's actually really fucking SAVAGE? This comcast guide.
>>
>>71754797
10/10
>>
>>71747825
NAZI PUNKS
FUCK OFF
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.