[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some terms/phrases that make you realize someone has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1445453689792.gif (2 MB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
1445453689792.gif
2 MB, 390x219
What are some terms/phrases that make you realize someone has no idea what they're talking about in reference to TV/Film?

Gonna start with an obvious one, Kino.
>>
>>71742751
>turned my brain off
>>
>>71742751
dated
it's aged badly
too campy
too cheesy
>>
>"I get what the movie's trying to do, but it just doesn't work"

or some variation
>>
Couldn't relate to the main character
What was the point
Nothing happened
>>
>>71742751
>too long
>>
>the cinematography is great
>>
Story.
>>
too white
>>
>it would have been good, if not for the plotholes
>>
>>71742751
oeuvre
kubrickian
milieu
cinematic
evocative
offbeat
emotionally charged
gripping
character-driven
3-D
>>
>>71742751
>kino
>pretentious
>edgy
>meme
>>
>>71743161
>3-D

good one
>>
>>71742804
>>71742816
>>71742819
>>71742850
>>71742863
nothing wrong with these you fucking autists
>>
File: 473.png (147 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
473.png
147 KB, 480x368
I ask who is the director and who is acting.
>I dont know any of that, why dont you ask like a normal person what the movie is about.
>>
>It's the best/worst _____ ever made
>>
>>71743231
>Not relating to the main character is a valid complaint

lol
>>
>>71743283
is IS a valid complaint but that wasnt even the question of the OP you idiot

not being able to relate to the main character shouldnt make the movie instantly bad but its still valid criticism. If a character acts completely random and irrationally then i think thats a good point to make when you discuss a movie.
>>
>>71743465
How would you relate to a serial killer or nigger? Relating to someone =/= understanding their motives

Maybe for babby's first flick the protagonist should be a hero archetype but there are plenty of films where the main character has nothing in common with the average person or their thought process
>>
>>71743683
there are still valid reasons why you couldnt relate to a character other than hes a nigger or a serial killer.
>>
>pretentious
>contrived
>cringe
>hamfisted
>>
>>71742751
>Lynchian
>>
Fun.
>>
>>71743683
sometimes a movie tries to make you relate but fails terribly
>>
Reddit
>>
>It's fun
>I don't really care, I like it
>objectively
>subjectively
>cites critic ratings
>the cgi is/was bad
>too long
>unironically spent money to see capeshit at the theater
I know it when I see it but these are the only ones I can think of right now
>>
>>71746077
Did you mean to add
>I know it when I see it
to your list? Because it could easily fit in a list like this.
>>
>>71746731
No, I didn't. I was meaning I know when someone obviously doesn't know anything about tv/film, just that I couldn't really think of any more at the time I posted. But yes, I agree that
>I know it when I see it
in a tv/film discussion is a pretty good indicator of their knowledge on the subject
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.