[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some movies that have a similar aesthetic and feel of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What are some movies that have a similar aesthetic and feel of The Last Unicorn? Like the 80's era cult animated films. I'm planning to do psychedelics for the first time and I would like to have a marathon.
>>
>>71740791
>I'm planning to do psychedelics

Fucking degenerate
>>
File: 14235346.gif (204 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
14235346.gif
204 KB, 500x375
>>71740791
the moomins
>>
>>71740791
Well, the Rankin-Bass stuff is pretty even. You can't go wrong with the Hobbit/LotR adaptations
>>
Pretty much anything released by Rankin-Bass and Ralph Bakshi.
>>
>>71740911
this
>>
>>71740791

Flight of Dragons is awesome
>>
The Hobbit animated movies
Tales from Earthsea
Watership Down
Secret of Nihm
The Black Cauldron
Dark Crystal
>>
I also recommend anything Moebius has been involved with
>>
>>71740911
What would be your top picks?
>>
I'm not sure anything is quite like The Last Unicorn. I have no idea why one of my favorite musician, Let''s Player, and sex god lists this as his favorite movie.

That being said, you can't really go wrong with psychedelics and the following Eastern animated fantasy movies and shows:

Fire and Ice, Ralph Bakshi
Wizards, Ralph Bakshi
The Hobbit, Rankin Bass
The Return of the King, Rankin Bass
Dungeons and Dragons, Animated Series

If you want true psychonaut kino you can check out Havoc in Heaven, which is Eastern animated fantasy but quite artistic.
>>
>>71740791
>psychedelics
>first time
>watching melancholic, slightly disturbing adult-children's movies

Please reconsider, senpai.
>>
>>71740958
Ah yea, where the guy turns into a dragon and tries to figure out how his body worked.
It was pretty good, though the music was corny as fuck.
>>71740974
>Watership Down
Fuck you and that awful, depressing as fuck movie. ;_;
>>
File: s4dTtBy[1].jpg (86 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy[1].jpg
86 KB, 384x313
>>71741043
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.