[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2 yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-08-02h57m19s956.png (2 MB, 1920x1090) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-08-02h57m19s956.png
2 MB, 1920x1090
Watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2 yesterday and can't believe it took me this long to watch a DC animated movie.

Really enjoyed it and noticed its apart of the "DC Universe Animated Original Movies" however I'm not sure what order I should watch the movies in or if it even matters (from what I've gathered their a collection of movies rather than a set story line).

Looking for any suggestions of which movies to watch in what order or should I just dive in? (Saw a couple of people praising Under the Red Hood on reddit)
>>
>>71740361
>(Saw a couple of people praising Under the Red Hood on reddit)

Skip it, Red Hood is a whiny bitch who thinks Batman should compromise his no-kill code ONLY for his dumb ass, also Nightwing is voiced by a faggot.
>>
>>71740431
Any suggestions where to start if not red hood?
>>
>>71740361
I don't understand how the animated films manage to be better than the live action, both as nailing the characters and stories as well as being films, especially when they generally have very short run times.
>>
>>71740463
Batman Year One
>>
>>71740361
"Justice League: War" is pretty good.
>>
>>71740463
Just go on the wiki page, it's what I did. Only the most recent ones that feature Batmans son actually have anything to do with each other.

Don't mix the DCAU up with the DCUA either.
>>
>>71740501
Don't listen to this guy
>>
Crisis on Two Earths is great
>>
>>71740477
they aren't better.
>>
File: Bert.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Bert.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
>>71740547
Alright, that's cool.
>>
>>71740361
Flashpoint Paradox is pretty good
>>
>>71740501
It wasn't bad.
>>
File: kekd.jpg (11 KB, 403x328) Image search: [Google]
kekd.jpg
11 KB, 403x328
>mfw Batman beat the everlasting shit out of the gang leader, breaking his bones one by one
Why can't the movies do THAT shit?
Holy fuck it was the most satisfying fight i've seen in a long time
>>
>>71740361
here is a list of all animated movies made by dc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_DC_Comics#Animated_films
my favorite dc animatede movies were : Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Superman: Doomsday, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies all movies are great but thise are my favorites
i'm glad that someone open a thread about dc animated movies
>>
>>71740477
Generally accuracy portrayal from best to worst is

1. Books/comics
2. Animation
3. Movies/tv series

Live action is just shit in general, but people are too lazy to read and think animation are for kids.
>>
>>71740477
I think it has to do with the fact they don't have to hold back the violence and can go overboard with the characters for example the Joker seemed like an actual character who was brutal as fuck compared to the Heath Ledger version (not that I'm not a fan of his acting in the Batman Trilogy)

>>71740499
Added to the list

>>71740613
Are the Justice League movies related (with overarching plot lines) or can I watch them in any order?

>>71740547
Out of curiosity why?
>>
I dont know how big a pleb you are

You might enjoy Justice League War or Assault on Arkham for all I know

So just watch them all in reverse chronological order.

In fact, SCRATCH THAT. Go watch the Justice League show instead
>>
>>71740642
warehouse scene in BvS.
>>
>>71740431
>Batman shouldn't kill and let criminals kill innocents

Still retarded tbqh.
>>
>>71740663
>Out of curiosity why?

It adapted a mediocre storyline and made it worse
But even on its own it has structure problems
Also the animation itself and the style is shit, that's been happening since Flashpoint Paradox
>>
Superman vs The Elite wasn't bad, but the comic it's based on does a better job. All Star Superman is pretty good too.

As far as Justice League ones go I enjoyed:
New Frontier(it was different and that's why I liked it)
Crisis on Two Earths
Flashpoint Paradox
>>
Subzero if you're a fan of Heart of Ice
>>
Some of my favorites (besides TDKR):
Justice League The New Frontier
Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League Crisis on Two Earths
Justice League Gods and Monsters
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern First Flight
All-Star Superman
Batman Assault on Arkham
Batman Under the Red Hood
Superman Batman Public Enemies

The "Son of Batman" series (in chronological order)
Son of Batman
Batman vs Robin
Batman Bad Blood
Justice League vs Teen Titans
>>
>>71740361
Now go and read the original comic version of The Dark Knight Returns and realized how shit the movie is in comparison.
>>
>>71740663
>Are the Justice League movies related (with overarching plot lines) or can I watch them in any order?
They are all stand-alone movies. None of them have an overarching theme except the recent ones with Damian Wayne(Son of Batman, Batman vs. Robin, Batman: Bad Blood, and Justice League vs. Teen Titans)
>>
>>71740822
I mostly agree with this except for Wonder Woman, Gods and Monsters, and maybe Green Lantern. Green Lantern wasn't terrible, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.
>>
Timmverse>Gods and monsters>the rest.
>>
>>71740642
I want the Bat army.
>>
>>71740866
There were two Green Lantern movies. I like the first one quite a bit, particularly the way it introduces Sinestro.
>>
>>71740747
Is Manchester Black supposed to actually come from Manchester?

It feels wrong to hear Superman say "wanker".
>>
Flashpoint Paradox is probably my favorite DC movie of them all.
>>
>>71740665
Don't really have to time to commit to watching full TV shows at the moment

So to clarify an ordering like this would be fine?

Batman Year One
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Justice League The New Frontier
Justice League Crisis on Two Earths
All-Star Superman
Batman Assault on Arkham
Batman Under the Red Hood

And then go back and watch the rest if I'm still enjoying them?
>>
>>71740961

He's supposed to be an analogue to Jenny Sparks from The Authority who is british as fuck so probably.

>>71740908

Imagine if after BvS with his new change in operating he starts to build that up, not necessarily fighters but something akin to the hobo network sherlock holmes had with Batman having his own CIs all over Gotham reporting crimes in progress etc

#Batsignal
>>
>>71741001
I loved that movie right up until the stupid war, really ruined the momentum of the movie
>>
Does anyone know when the new gods among us webshow comes out?
>>
>>71741051
They're all disconnected so watch in whatever order you like.

I also highly recommend Batman vs Robin, even if you don't intend to check out the rest of the Damian Wayne series. It works pretty well on its own.
>>
>>71740431

>implying Red Hood wasn't great
>>
>>71740361
>Batman: Assault on Arkham
>Justice League: DOOM
>Under the red hood

All good and at least worth watching
>>
>>71741051
>>71741158
I may have spoken too soon. Superman/Batman Public Enemies goes before Apocalypse.
>>
>>71741208

It's not, typical Judd Winnick garbage with Bender joker.
>>
>>71740361
Year one, phantom of the opera and red hood
>>
I loved TDKR but year one and red hood were underwhelming cartoon network tier shit
>>
>>71741254
>phantom of the opera
Kek. Was that intentional?
>>
>>71741227
So I should watch Public Enemies before Apocalypse?
>>
>>71740361
the first part was great, second part was terrible

>>71740501
nope
>>
>>71741302
Yes. The storyline's mostly disconnected (as is the different art style) but they do take place within the same chronology.
>>
>>71741301
Yes
>>
>>71740501
It was meh.
I liked Green Lantern.
>>
>>71740361
>no mask of the phantasm
fucking amazing. the children on here are fucking plebs even by the low, autistic standards of capeshit. please end yourselves.
>>
>>71740613
I tried watching this. the writing and voice acting/direction was so bad I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
>>
>>71741384
Alright

Thanks for the suggestions everyone
>>
>>71741454
Not part of the DC Original Movies banner. It's an excellent film though.
>>
Why did dc animated movies start having terrible animation beginning in the mid 2000s? it was such a higher quality in the 90s. was it from going hand drawn to computers? they all look shit now
>>
>>71740822
The Flashpoint Paradox was great!
>>
>>71741454
Everybody has already seen it. It used to play on Cartoon Network all the time. I think if you're over the age of 15 you've seen it at least twice
>>
Did people on /tv/ like Assault on Arkham?
I thought it was great, but checked imdb and it only has a 7.5 score
>>
>>71741554
I thought it was ok
>>
File: char.jpg (20 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char.jpg
20 KB, 210x240
>>71741554
>letting imdb/rt/metacritic dictate what you should and shouldn't like
Who cares what some random website says? Form your own opinion.
>>
>>71741554
it was okay i guess
>>
File: batman-doom-e1375813300140.jpg (121 KB, 1112x644) Image search: [Google]
batman-doom-e1375813300140.jpg
121 KB, 1112x644
Nobody mentioned Doom?

I thought it was pretty great.
>>
Don't listen to this >>71740431 fucking retard, under the red hood is great, you'd be stupid to skip it.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.