[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The dust has long since settled. What does /tv/ think of Prometheus,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Prometheusposterfixed.jpg (113 KB, 350x519) Image search: [Google]
Prometheusposterfixed.jpg
113 KB, 350x519
The dust has long since settled.

What does /tv/ think of Prometheus, once and for all?
>>
>>71739919
It exists.
>>
it was ok
>>
>>71739919

sci fi kino at its best
>>
it sucked
>>
we were so wrong

and LOL space ax
>>
shit
>>
>>71739919
It's National Lampoon's Vacation, but in space. And not funny.
>>
>>71739919
utter shit
>>
Fags, I enjoyed the movie.
>>
It was pretty good. You have to be okay with a movie structured that not all of its questions can be answered, even after-the-fact with blogposts. I definitely enjoyed it.
>>
I was never hoping the movie would answer my questions but give me more. The Engineers was in it from the start. I wish people would appreciate that.
>>
>>71739919
All I learned is this: In the future, only dumb people get to go into space.
>>
File: 1465193037976.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465193037976.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
Visually one of the best movies ever made and I'm so glad I saw it in the cinema.
The story and characters however were a massive letdown.

I remember seeing a comment on youtube before the films release for the song Life in the film saying "This is the song that plays when the space jockey creates the universe" and yes it sounds like bollocks but it would have been a damn sight more interesting than what we got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzI3AdpA9e4
>>
>>71740095
desu that was my one complaint, everyone was a retard
>>
Great cinematography. Interesting back story. Then it falls off a cliff. It's like the film didn't know what it wanted to be and failed to tell a cohesive story within its run time which felt about an hour too short. Wouldn't be so bad if they released a sequel a year later but instead we've got nothing and the hype is long gone
>>
better than TFA
>>
File: 1329056427163.jpg (35 KB, 442x470) Image search: [Google]
1329056427163.jpg
35 KB, 442x470
>>71740224
You digress.
>>
eh

i'd still watch the next ones just to see what happens
>>
Beautifully directed with great performances from Noomi and Fassbender, but the script is weak. Not as bad as people pretend it is, but still disappointing.
>>
>>71739919
Copy pasted from the alien thread

Prometheus says to narrative conventions "fuck off, this is kino, you are not getting the answers you seek here".

And I applaud Scott for it. Prometheus is about the futility of asking questions, the impossibility of understanding god. Its no surprise your questions werent answered. That was the point of the movie, to show that there is stuff that is not possible to comprehend. You cannot understand god.

10/10 underrated kino film
>>
>>71740375
Fassbender basing himself off Lawrence of Arabia

based AF
>>
>>71740375
That's cool and everything, but it doesn't prevent the total movie experience from feeling like it's still lacking something.
>>
>>71740427
But thats the point. You get to the end feeling the "Phantom Pain" of... wait, thats the other well presented shit.
>>
>>71740221
gotta blame Lindelof for that and Ridley for not seeing how bad the rewritten screenplay was. the cinematography, acting, cgi (well, maybe not old man Pearce), score, and everything else was okay. well, besides the spectacularly stupid way a certain character dies. the trailer was amazing and then a third or halfway into the film i realized i, and the masses, had been duped. i doubt i'll catch Covenant on the big screen b/c how awful Prometheus ended up.
>>
First half was good, went to derpville around about the point that the maps guy got lost.
>>
>>71740481
Considering you praised the cinematography, acting, cgi, score, and everything else it would be a good idea to watch it on the big screen
>>
>>71740224
Doesn't that really mean anything, sitting on cacti is better than TFA
>>
>>71739919

Everyone is absolutely retarded and I say that in the context of the horror genre.
>>
Good sci-fi with awful plot. 6/10
>>
That part when the entire base goes into code red trying to restrain Elizabeth because she has that sea star rape thing inside of her
We got armed guys in biohazard suits chasing her all over the place

She then runs off gets it out of her system

and then casually returns to and they all go

OH HEY WANT TO SEE THIS SLEEPING OLD ASS EXTRATERRESTRIAL?

Did I miss something or?
>>
>>71740524
even all that isn't enough to get my ass back in the cinema for a R Scott film - hell, and i'm one of the few who enjoyed The Counselor - but he has been relegated to home viewing until further notice.
>>
>>71739956
>kino
that word is for plebs stop using it
>>
File: prometheus.jpg (538 KB, 440x750) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.jpg
538 KB, 440x750
BASED LINDELOF
>>
>>71739919
It's great. Very entertaining, looks beautiful, you can draw deeper connections

but a lot of the characters acted like retards and made awful decisions
>>
>>71739919
mediocre
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.