[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the stormtroopers even made the Nazi salute Is this meant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14
>the stormtroopers even made the Nazi salute

Is this meant to be a parody? Like, I get the whole "Empire resembles fascist dictatorship" thing, but seriously? The Nazi salute is just basically saying "yep, we're going to stoop the lowest common denominator to hammer in the point" and shows they lack any form of creativity. Jesus Christ, Abrams.
>>
>>71733334
>this triggers the /pol/tard

Get fucked cunt I loved it and thought it was perfectly subtle imagery.
>>
Star Wars isn't even good.
>>
File: 1467840109398.png (117 KB, 238x351) Image search: [Google]
1467840109398.png
117 KB, 238x351
>>71733354
>subtle imagery

Is your IQ like 90? How the fuck would that be a subtle juxtaposition with clearly Wermacht uniforms?

Are you one of those guys who thinks BvS was deep?
>>
>>71733334
>The Nazi salute
Pleb.
>>
>>71733354
>Subtle
Wow.
>>
>>71733334
>le evil Nazis
Star Wars is dead to me
>>
>>71733334

It's not a nazi salute retard.

Still, sort of related, is the hail hydra salute the decidedly most shitty and lame salute of all time?
>>
>>71733334
Hitler did nothing wrong in constrast to this fuckup of a director.
>>
>>71733354
>this triggers the /pol/tard
I visit /pol/ all the time and I fucking loved how rabid this scene was.
>>
>>71733334
This movie sold itself on being un-original. Did you expect some fresh ideas on what an evil, facist movement looks like?
>>
>nazi salute
>>
The Jedi Holocaust never happened
>>
>>71733487
Oi vey goyim you better remeber the 7 million ded ewoks!!
>>
>>71733354
>subtle imagery

A VII fan.
>>
>>71733334
So lifting your hand up in support of something is a Nazi salute? You're really reaching here, /pol/.
>>
REMEMBER THE 6 GORILLON FROM ALDERAAN
>>
a) that's not a nazi salute, salutes tend to look alike
b) the crude allusions to 20th century icons are a big part of what made star wars appealing in the first place

i mean, good for you adopting a critical mindset at what i presume is a high school age, but not everything is bad just because people dumber than you are capable of understanding it.
>>
>>71733334
Looks more like a black power salute tbqh fampai
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>>71733554
10/10, would tip my fedora again.
>>
>>71733334
>>Together we will remove niggers from the galaxy

I know the Emperor is meant to be evil but I think Lucas went to far with this line
>>
>>71733582
This

The Nazi salute (which wasn't just used by nazies) was open palm

Black Power, to my knowledge, was exclusively closed fist
>>
>>71733587

i meant my post as a counter-fedora, i don't see what's so neckbeardy about it.
>>
>>71733614
Why would you even respond to him
>>
TFA is pleb garbage just like all of Hollywood is now. They want to make $$$ and nothing else if you're expecting something good forget it. Making a genuinely good movie is too risky for these greedy Jews.
>>
>>71733554

The empire looked more like the Soviet Union than Nazi Germany anyway.

It was the EU that made them into anti-xeno nazis.
>>
File: tumblr_ngmvnl3sBa1r2qr2so1_500.jpg (133 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngmvnl3sBa1r2qr2so1_500.jpg
133 KB, 499x750
What i like about this is that it makes people aware that there are alternative interpretations of the world and nature itself which are in sharp contrast to the reigning egalitarian status quo. The more people are aware that there's an alternative to the current system, the better.
>>
>director is a stinking filthy jew
It's not surprising
>>
>>71733354
>subtle imagery
This is the type of person that actually enjoyed Episode 7.
>>
>>71733334
Isn't that the black power fist?

The Empire is basically on the surface still officially a republic in the OT. I'd make sense if they did a Roman Salute.

However that they are doing isn't a Nazi/Roman salute.
>>
But that's the Black Panthers salute. The Nazi one has an extended palm.
>>
>>71733818
Reminder that the "Nazi salute" originated from America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute
>>
>>71733334
>>71733582
how could you try and connect that with a nazi salute
nazi one if hand pointing straight and forward
whilst this one is identical to the black rights salute which is clenched fist up
>>
>>71733752
>>71733516
>>71733391
>>71733385

Genuine retards.
>>
>>71733386
Nazi salute is raised to roughly 45°
Roman salute is roughly parallel to the ground.

Who's the plebeian now?
>>
>>71733354
>>71734164
>LOL ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS A /POL/TARD
It couldn't be that people don't find having agenda shoved down their throat to be entertaining.

It is completely reasonable to oppose nazis, but to not want to see YEAH STICK IT TO THE RACIST BIGOTS HNNNG MUH CATHARSIS in every single movie.
>>
File: 1-6M1TslUKR_I-xPH4fWfOmg.jpg (241 KB, 2000x895) Image search: [Google]
1-6M1TslUKR_I-xPH4fWfOmg.jpg
241 KB, 2000x895
>nazi salute
It's obviously the communist fist salute...
>>
>>71734337

it's. star. wars.

you should've known what you were in for going in.
>>
>>71733334

I don't see the problem Abrams is such a lovely hack he does not even realize that this movie literally proves the Empire Did nothing wrong

The Empire were brutes but if you were loyal to them you got rewarded with protection of their huge ass military and their institutions they kept the order

In TFA the Republic does not even offer the bare minimum of what it's supposed to do which is protect it's citizens, that era must be the greatest ever for space piracy and what not.

TFA is like implying removing Saddam Hussein was a good thing
>>
Really makes you think.
>>
>>71733383
Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>71734398
>european
>american
White boy go back home and take your niggers gooks sand niggers and poos in the loos with you
>>
File: noborder stormtrooper.jpg (84 KB, 642x476) Image search: [Google]
noborder stormtrooper.jpg
84 KB, 642x476
>nazi salute
>>
>>71733334

JJ Abrams has a holocaust complex.

If you notice the 'Resistance' where the exact same uniforms as the 'heroic' Communist Partisans in Eastern Europe during WW2.

Really unsubtle.
>>
File: no pasaran.jpg (24 KB, 233x334) Image search: [Google]
no pasaran.jpg
24 KB, 233x334
>>
File: 2636090.jpg (234 KB, 594x459) Image search: [Google]
2636090.jpg
234 KB, 594x459
>>71734477
>If you notice the 'Resistance' where the exact same uniforms as the 'heroic' Communist Partisans in Eastern Europe during WW2
Nice observation.
>>
>>71733334
Do you even know any other "fascist dictatorships"? The fact you immediately see NAZIS only reflects on you.
>>
Star Wars:
>uniforms that evoke images of fascism/nazism
>old English actors chosen to evoke images of the british empire and colonialism
>the leaders are a group of military leaders with no central cult of personality, evoking the images of generic junta

TFA
>they're literal nazis!
>epic!!!
>>
>>71734533
And the way TFA plays out proves the junta was for the better. Despite JJ being such a clown he does not realize it.
>>
>>71733334
>Nazi German imagery
>Soviet style military buildup
>Officers with British accents

The Empire is just an american's nightmare
>>
>>
Ceausescu was literally Palpatine

Gas the gypsies create true Dacian race
Praise the conductor
>>
>>71733334
Triggered nazi detected. Go back to nazi tumblr already aka /pol/.
>>
File: mfw emma.jpg (132 KB, 566x553) Image search: [Google]
mfw emma.jpg
132 KB, 566x553
>>71734533
>the leaders are a group of military leaders with no central cult of personality

Except, you know, the fucking Emperor.
>>
>>71734826

The Emperor did not paste himself into everything and put photographs of himself everywhere or statues he kept quite low

He was a uniting factor but the Empire was mostly run by Military Leaders
>>
>>71733334

Its star wars for millenials
everything needs to literally slap them in the face for them to get it
>>
>>71734862
Yeah, in the original script. ESB and RotJ make it clear that the Emperor and Vader were at the very top of the chain of command. Those scenes of Vader casually murdering admirals weren't put in the movies for nothing.
>>
>>71734395

i mean they both blow up whole planets it seems to me that even if the empire wasn't quite as wantonly destructive as the new order or whatever it's called they're still well above the threshold of evil
>>
>>71734945
>vader and the emperor at the top of the chain of command
The Emperor yes, but vader no. Tarkin had more authority than Vader, and while vader was powerful, many admirals thought he was a loon but were too afraid to speak out.
He was basically the emperor's retarded brother they had to bow to.
>>
>>71734997
>if the empire wasn't quite as wantonly destructive as the new order

They literally blew up Alderaan just to demonstrate the Death Star's power. At least the First Order was actively at war with the New Republic, it made sense for them to attack their capital planet.
>>
>>71735009

Vader was more like some Heinrich Himmler and Lavrentiy Beriya
>>
>>71735009
Tarkin was only in-charge on the Death Star, because it was his project. After Tarkin's death Vader became in-charge of the entire Imperial fleet. He answered only to the Emperor.
>>
>>71735009

where you pulling this shit from

literally everyone apart from the emperor hangs on his every word in the movies

is this headcanon
>>
>>71735033
>n just to demonstrate the Death Star's power.

No they didn't they picked out a planet which they knew was collaborating with their enemies and used that to show everybody else who would dare to rise up against them the consequences of their actions.
>>
>>71735084
When what's his face called Vader out and then proceeded to get force choked, he looked a bit around at the other people as if waiting for backup.
He probably went in with the confidence that other people agreed with him. From that, I assume they've talked about it before among themselves and have had issues with the way vader does things.
>>
>>71735095

>used that to show everybody else who would dare to rise up against them the consequences of their actions.

well that sounds functionally identical to what he said
>>
>>71734337

My comment made no mention of /pol/, you idiot. I was pointing out how dumb those posts were for not recognising bait.

Well done for exposing yourself as an insecure manlet though kek. Jesus, man
>>
>>71735095
Except the rebels weren't on Alderaan, Tarkin just decided to blow it up because Dantooine was too far away.
>>
>>71733354
>subtle
I know you are baiting, but there are people that literally think like this.
>>
>>71735147
>Except the rebels weren't on Alderaan

The planets high command was openly collaborating with the Rebel Alliiance and the Empire made a example out of them.
>>
>>71735120
I loved that scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqNVTH1AP4I
>>
File: 1466125056323.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1466125056323.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>71735009
Vader respected Tarkin though it wasn't him being a fuck up thing. Every officer Vader killed was because they fucked up and didn't respect their enemies. >>71733334
I still support first order don't give a shit. 19 years of peace is pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing more rise of the empire lore like the raid on jedi temple, thank fuck Battlefront 2 exists.

I want a series where The Empire aren't displayed in such a cartoonishly evil light. I'd join up with em for damn sure. Wish we had more Finn doing stormtroop stuff because that intro scratched part of that itch but instead we get him being the traitor he is.
>>
The Roman Salute was never used in actual Rome.
>>
>>71733503
>tfw you learned how the Forest Moon of Endor was rendered utterly uninhabitable by the falling pieces of the second Death Star
I think more than seven million Ewoks inhabited that moon...
>>
>>71733653
Nigga George Lucas was a billionaire before he even sold the franchise.
>>
>>71735710
Ewoks were pre-industrial.
I sincerely doubt they were much more populous than 7 million
>>
>>71733698
>OT Empire is just british colonial empire with nazi uniforms
>>
>>71733334
was this shit in the originals?
if not then I'm super happy so I have even more reason to hate jewjew and its lack of talent
>>
They were the good guys
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.