[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 episodes into this and its actually pretty good why does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: DS9 Logo.png (124 KB, 700x220) Image search: [Google]
DS9 Logo.png
124 KB, 700x220
3 episodes into this and its actually pretty good
why does it get so much hate?
>>
Because the protag is black and loud and sweaty
>>
its low points are pretty low, but relatively infrequent.

jadzia also isn't a good character at all, but the rest of the main cast is.
>>
File: deep.jpg (52 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
52 KB, 692x530
> [Jacko Whooop]

What did he mean by this?
>>
because it
1) doesn't actually hit its stride until several seasons in (so by the way your taste is a little questionable), and
2) took a TOTALLY different tone from the other ones. the story carries through the whole season in a way unlike the other shows. the characters have conflict with each other, and not just with the shit outside their ship/setting.

it was a very very different show. i enjoyed it too, but not noticing how starkly DS9 differs from the other shows, and why that might be jarring to fans of the other shows, is pretty clueless of you.

then again, you're only 3 episodes in, so it might be unfair to expect you to have any idea what this show is going to be like.
>>
File: 1395867467942.jpg (32 KB, 428x467) Image search: [Google]
1395867467942.jpg
32 KB, 428x467
>>71731315
>why does it get so much hate?
Bait and memes.
>>
>>71731315
I don't know. People on /tv/ just like to throw hate around. I've watched all of DS9, TOS, TNG, VOY, and ENT. Overall DS9 is my favorite because it has actual story arcs and the captain is pretty based
>>
>>71731378
it takes a season or two to really hit its stride, but I still think it probably has the least rough start of any Trek save for TOS. TNG's my favorite series, but practically the entire first season is crap, unlike DS9 where it's just kind of mediocre.
>>
>>71731315
Cause its a meme show for fags and race traitors.
>>
>>71731315
It doesn't tbqh.
>>
File: 1465842894851.png (439 KB, 768x480) Image search: [Google]
1465842894851.png
439 KB, 768x480
>>71731315
I've only seen a couple people really virulent about hating it on /tv/, maybe because it's different from the usual Star Trek formula and large lacks the exploration aspect and becomes more of a serialized war drama by the time it's over. I love it, rate it right up there with the best of the franchise.
>>
>>71731424
you may be right. maybe it feels like it took longer or had a rougher start because it needed to do two things:
1) it had to hit its stride (something every show did)
2) it had to establish a stride that was clearly different from TNG, TOS, and to some extent voyager.

so by this i mean that people had to see that DS9 knew what the fuck it was doing, and then try and parse out why there's this ongoing storyline that you need to watch every episode for (another reason that people didn't like it; it's easy to like TNG even if you missed whole chunks), or why major characters are sometimes at odds with each other.

somewhere i read/heard/imagined that DS9 was very much against the vision that roddenberry wanted for star trek specifically because it forced this tension between primary characters that the other shows didn't have. that's a characteristic of DS9 that i love, but i get that DS9 was such a departure from the paradigm that TNG operates in
>>
I've been working through it for a while and it's really good. I'm fond of pretty much the entire cast, and the fact it has a central plot that goes beyond villain of the week stuff helps me care about it more. I knew I loved it when I saw Garak's mentor trying to start a war with the Dominion by wiping out an entire planet. When major things happen, they really feel important.
>>
>TFW no ulgy face but nice tits klingon gf
>>
>>71731800

>she will never make fun of your human penis but still revel in your general softness compared to Klingon males.
>>
>>71731315
>why does it get so much hate?
Memetrekkers can't into anything without their gay captain.
>>
>>71731382

>tfw watched that episode for the first time today
>when sisko mentioned a baseball game my first thought was id get to see the bashir costanza image in action
>giggled like a schoolgirl when it happened

I seriously need therapy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.