[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this show praised as some kind of masterpiece? 90% of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Mad-men-title-card.jpg (19 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
Mad-men-title-card.jpg
19 KB, 250x141
Why is this show praised as some kind of masterpiece? 90% of the time it's just guys hitting on women.
>>
You've watched a whole 5 minutes of it huh?
>>
>>71726715
I'm at season 3 faggot.

>guy sleeps around because abloo bloo my life is boring I had a shitty childhood
>all guys are perverts to the point where it makes guys look bad
>b-but muh peggy and social commentary
>>
>>71726969
You can green text any show like that. MM is great.
>>
>>71726969
Having mistresses was really common back then

Even JFK was basically a fucking confirmed adulterer

The absence of social media/texting made it easy as fuck and prevalent to the point where it was socially acceptable
>>
>>71727257
it wasn't socially acceptable, cheating is the only taboo we have left, and even that will end up going away eventually with all the cuck bullshit
>>
>>71726438
Fantastic sets, beautiful character study, immaculate costumes
>>
>>71726969
How do you think most wealthy, powerful men act towards women?
>>
>>71726438
Crying fedora babymen wishing they were back in the days of "true class and chivalry"
>>
>>71726438

the only better show is sopranos, it's fantastic

great period piece, well shot, character development, go fuck yourself
>>
>>71726969
If you hate it so much stop watching it you idiot.
>>
File: 1435638794751.jpg (168 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1435638794751.jpg
168 KB, 1080x720
>>71727314
>beautiful character study
>>
Its a soap opera for men
>>
File: georgcarlin.jpg (610 KB, 1413x1609) Image search: [Google]
georgcarlin.jpg
610 KB, 1413x1609
>>71727257
this. i don't think people are any more into kinky sex, rape, murder, war than they were in the past. it's just that you can't hide it anymore, unless you have a shitload of money...in fact, dummies post about it on social media, ie check out my cock or pussy. people have been fucking since before recorded history. and farts will always be funny. we're monkey fuck machines with consciences, for the most part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdePhzZXcg
>>
>>71727302
I mean it's not like it was okay but the repercussions were far less severe socially because of how commonplace it was
>>
>>71727383

This is true, well, the soap opera part, but it's an actual good one.
>>
>>71727302
>>71727422
more and more men accept to be in open relationship and let their ''''''''''''''gf'''''''''''' be fucked by other men. the best part is that those men claim to be ''''''''''''closer'''''''''''' to their ''''''''''''''gf'''''''''''''because other men fuck the whore
>>
>>71727383
Just about all tv dramas are soap operas.
>>
>>71727758
yeah. the acting, sets and direction are all 100x better than a day time soap (except for latin ones), but at the end of the day, they're just fucking soap operas. damn good ones, too.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.